Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had organised my finance through Plenti (tesla preferred partner) but today Plenti sent me a message that they have bumped my interest rate to 7.05% as the delivery has not happened yet. Its not my fault that I didnt get the delivery of the car which was ordered in Nov 2022. Plenti does not understand this and they are forcing me to pay the new interest rate.. When I contacted Tesla they are so rude that they said I can cancel my order and move out. Waiting since Nov 2022 I don't expect this to be the answer. I have left few reviews online but Tesla and Plenti dont care about it. One order cancellation wont affect them at all.... but I would now stay away from both of them..
I understand the delivery delays are out of your control but they are also out of Plenti's and Tesla's control too due to the ports. A lot of people ordered Tesla's when the rate was 2.99% a year ago, and now they're up to 7% so we are in the same boat
But for the financier what's important is when the loan is settled as the interest rate and repayments take effect from that date, not from when the car was ordered - and we're all aware there have been several rate rises in Australia over the past 12 months

Frustrating but that's how the world works, maybe take a look at the Westpac or CBA green loans around 4.99%

I read some of posts Black makes longer waiting? Also, wondering Enhance Autopilot (extra hardware fitted?) does it, too?
Who knows but it's impossible to know why.
The cars come out of the factory one at a time then goes to a holding yard then goes into the ship vehicle carrier one at a time and comes out one at a time. So potentially the car that goes into holding yard first could come out last then The cars that goes into the ship first can come out last. And who knows how the cars are arranged on anyone particular deck.
In my opinion it's random.

Hi All,

New to this forum and never had experience with Tesla, no test drive either.

Ordered MYRW Black with Enhanced Autopilot on 04/04/2023
Upon till 18 Jun. it was between Jun 25 - Jul 16.
Then, changed to between Jun 23 - Jul 14.
Now, changed again this morning between Jul 6 - Jul 27.
No Business purchase, doing novated lease through my employer.

Called them up, the order/deliver are in the order of First In First Served.
Nothing he could do.

He advised Next Fri. (7/Jul) will be delivered to Alexandria NSW. My delivery (collection) may be on 8/Jul (Sat?, I guess probably following Mon.)

I read some of posts Black makes longer waiting? Also, wondering Enhance Autopilot (extra hardware fitted?) does it, too?
All tesla are fitted with the hardware for autopilot, enhanced autopilot and full ‘self driving’. They are activated by software when purchaced.

I understand the delivery delays are out of your control but they are also out of Plenti's and Tesla's control too due to the ports. A lot of people ordered Tesla's when the rate was 2.99% a year ago, and now they're up to 7% so we are in the same boat
But for the financier what's important is when the loan is settled as the interest rate and repayments take effect from that date, not from when the car was ordered - and we're all aware there have been several rate rises in Australia over the past 12 months

Frustrating but that's how the world works, maybe take a look at the Westpac or CBA green loans around 4.99%
Yes, most of the people here now waiting on Grand Eagle & Morning Crystal know this very well that the vessels (Morning Crystal in my case) spent 50 days (25 days out side of Brisbane & Port Kembla each) before getting docked. On Tesla's part, SA said that worst case I would be getting the car mid April when I explained them in the 1st week of Jan that I would order only if getting it by EOFY and then ordered 9th Jan. I then got the first VIN assigned SMS last week of April where I found that the build date was mid April (14/4). So its a combination of the usual sales trap and port delays that got us here especially for business customers the impact is more in terms of missing out on this year GST and instant write off which is a big loss for small businesses.

I don't think there was a trap. It's only $400 to get out of the deal.
However what's the alternative?. Another EV brand perhaps?. But they are all similarly constrained
Yes, anyone can get out of the deal and yes its just $400. I am not saying a trap in that sense. The issue is having waited anticipating to make it now missing out on tax benefits for this FY.
I was just saying my car was built mid April which was the time they said they would deliver. Having said that, I understand how sales work and thought even if its delayed a bit I would get it by EOFY. So yea, bad luck (not trap) whatever you want to call it

Yes, most of the people here now waiting on Grand Eagle & Morning Crystal know this very well that the vessels (Morning Crystal in my case) spent 50 days (25 days out side of Brisbane & Port Kembla each) before getting docked. On Tesla's part, SA said that worst case I would be getting the car mid April when I explained them in the 1st week of Jan that I would order only if getting it by EOFY and then ordered 9th Jan. I then got the first VIN assigned SMS last week of April where I found that the build date was mid April (14/4). So its a combination of the usual sales trap and port delays that got us here especially for business customers the impact is more in terms of missing out on this year GST and instant write off which is a big loss for small businesses.
Keep an eye on inventory stock also. I thought I'd missed the window for June 30 pick up in Qld for YLR so accepted id missed the boat for big tax writeoff. Saw a demo Y performance pop up Sat night in ACT under LCT as of July 1 so ordered it. Turned out I could pick up the performance straight away but I wouldn't want till July 1 due to LCT... then tonight I got a message saying my Qld Y LR will be ready to pick up on June 30.

Bastards.... now I've got to decide on LR with big tax write off this year, or performance with slower tax write-off....

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: satred and MYLRSC
Dec
Keep an eye on inventory stock also. I thought I'd missed the window for June 30 pick up in Qld for YLR so accepted id missed the boat for big tax writeoff. Saw a demo Y performance pop up Sat night in ACT under LCT as of July 1 so ordered it. Turned out I could pick up the performance straight away but I wouldn't want till July 1 due to LCT... then tonight I got a message saying my Qld Y LR will be ready to pick up on June 30.

Bastards.... now I've got to decide on LR with big tax write off this year, or performance with slower tax write-off....
Decisions, decisions... You won't go wrong either way.
How much was the Performance demo version selling for, how many KMs on the ODO and specs? I would like to keep an eye in case a similar car pops up in the WA demo inventory.

Dec

Decisions, decisions... You won't go wrong either way.
How much was the Performance demo version selling for, how many KMs on the ODO and specs? I would like to keep an eye in case a similar car pops up in the WA demo inventory.

$89k, white ex, black int. 2000km.
Hearts been saying P, but head has won with LR and the instant tax relief.
So anyone after a P under next financial years LCT, keep an eye out in ACT inventory 😀

Reactions: Quickst and MyPWSyd
EDD moved -1 day from Jul2-Jul23 to Jul1-Jul22
GE Sydney Alexandria
I had the same thing happen to me a few days ago. initial EDD 10/7 -31/7, revised EDD 9/7-30/7.

I am regional Northern NSW so not sure where my vehicle will be offloaded (Brisbane or some port in NSW, anyone know?). I have a VIN but it is not showing up in the RAV Search yet so its on a boat waiting or in China still (which would mean the EDD is very ambitious).

Originally ordered 15/5/23