Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People need to be extremely patient with the system and as the instructions say many many times, they need over 100 Million Miles driven before they get out of "Beta" mode for AutoPilot and it will improve over many months this year.

I sure hope this isn't true. There are 25K cars with HW2 right now. 100 million miles is 4,000 miles per car. Unless they literally mean 100M miles no matter how the car was driven (25 MPH surface streets, no AP engaged), it's going to be a very long time before they have 100M miles.

Still waiting for the update, but my car is parked in a condo garage with no wifi available. What are other options for getting the update besides waiting a long time for the cellular update? How much data is this update? Maybe I can use my phone as a hotspot if it's not too large....

Still waiting for the update, but my car is parked in a condo garage with no wifi available. What are other options for getting the update besides waiting a long time for the cellular update? How much data is this update? Maybe I can use my phone as a hotspot if it's not too large....
Seems to be a little over a gigabyte in size. Other option could be to maybe connect it at work or a public wifi network somewhere.

Reactions: wesley888
Same boat for me. Not complaining..... just letting people know they aren't alone. I have had wifi the last couple of nights and I'm trying my phone's hotspot for an hour this morning.

Neither do I, but what's the hurry? I still love to drive the car myself.

I have other cars I can use so I find myself letting the Tesla sit there waiting for it to get the update since I dont want to get in while its downloading and then cause it to stop. In 2 days the car has sat there and no update.. Just frustrating how updates are released and there should be a simple check update button which initiates it.

Reactions: oktane
I have other cars I can use so I find myself letting the Tesla sit there waiting for it to get the update since I dont want to get in while its downloading and then cause it to stop. In 2 days the car has sat there and no update.. Just frustrating how updates are released and there should be a simple check update button which initiates it.
Just go about driving as you normally would. The update will find you when it is your time :cool:

You can drive the car and it will download the update. As long as it has cell signal, you'll get it. Tesla rolls out updates by groups supposedly (per Service Center).

Almost 2 hours today in Seattle traffic. I agree that TACC and AutoSteer perform as advertised, with some interesting caveats. Actually, TACC seems to work precisely as advertised. I would love to see it go all the way to 0, and re-engage (which AutoSteer can do now), so it is great for slow and go, but not for stop and go traffic.

I thought that TACC currently did this even in the AP2 cars.

I thought that TACC currently did this even in the AP2 cars.

No, according to the current release notes it is for use "above 5 mph", and that seems to be just about exactly what it does. When on TACC, you loose the 2nd car ahead at about 5-6 mph, and the car immediately ahead at 2-3 mph, but you're on your own from 5 mph to 0 and back... AutoSteer (which is currently limited to essentially Interstates and less than 45 mph) works all the way to 0 and back...

This IS what they are supposed to be doing per the current (17.3.2) release notes.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Neither do I, but what's the hurry? I still love to drive the car myself.

I want as many safety features that I paid for. I drive my daughter around in this car and I only bought it because of the AP safety features and the fact its an EV. I could've kept my leaf and saved $100k -- at this point they had the exact same safety feature set. I also don't understand why they need to delay the update. Elon said "all cars" and its clearly not the case and Tesla SUCKS at communicating. So we're all left in the dark wondering. Really stupid and frustrating.