Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autopilot for HW2 rolling out to all HW2 cars today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Error on the screen said something like, "Software update failed, please wait until another update is pushed to your car". Anyone ever seen this before?

Update: Called Tesla support and the error was simply a false positive so all is good and 17.7.2 is in fact installed.

Last edited:
Our AP2 (one of the 1st 1,000 updated) just finished 17.5.36.
(or was it 17.5.38 ... didn't look very close)
anyway it says that self parking is restored. Last night prior to the upgrade the fastest it would auto-steer was 50 mph.
EDIT
oops, guess I should have had my glasses on. Rechecked to see what's going on, & It's now 17.7.2.
Sorry - I think I was looking at our vin
:(
POST - POST SCRIPT
it just started warning flashing again .... my favorite warning ....
"features unavailable" message.
oh well, maybe by next Labor Day. Just in time for a stock boost "Tesla's next gen hardware - AP3 - Soon !!
I'd be happy if Tesla could just get the side view mirrors to stop hellaciously squeaking as they retract & extend.

Last edited:
2 minor instances with TACC where the car hesitated for a split second when approaching a bridge - I saw a car appear on my dash for a moment before it figured out there wasn't a car there after all.

Glad to know I wasn't he only one that had a red car that really wasn't there appearing on the dash. I was going through an intersection and the same thing happened, hard braking for a quick second and a quick alarm, then back to normal.

• Helpful
Reactions: NicB72
Our AP2 (one of the 1st 1,000 updated) just finished 17.5.36.
(or was it 17.5.38 ... didn't look very close)
anyway it says that self parking is restored. Last night prior to the upgrade the fastest it would auto-steer was 50 mph.
EDIT
oops, guess I should have had my glasses on. Rechecked to see what's going on, & It's now 17.7.2.
Sorry - I think I was looking at our vin
:(
POST - POST SCRIPT
it just started warning flashing again .... my favorite warning ....
"features unavailable" message.
oh well, maybe by next Labor Day. Just in time for a stock boost "Tesla's next gen hardware - AP3 - Soon !!
I'd be happy if Tesla could just get the side view mirrors to stop hellaciously squeaking as they retract & extend.

Tesla is testing our patience ... releasing half baked beta software every other week to keep our hope alive; it might take another year of so before auto-steer become usable; another two years to get FSD to work. I hope it's sooner than my prediction, we'll see.

When ordering AP2 with FSD, the sales guy said autopilot would be available by end of 2016, and FSD by end of 2017...

I'm so frustrated because I was told my my delivery date ap2 would be much better thank my ap1 car. So I went all out checked every box $160,000 and now my model x is here. It is not even close to what I was told not even parity! Not Tesla says take the car it will be updated soon. I was told that before and it's not!! I fell completely stuck! I traded in a car already so now I don't even have that

I'm so frustrated because I was told my my delivery date ap2 would be much better thank my ap1 car. So I went all out checked every box $160,000 and now my model x is here. It is not even close to what I was told not even parity! Not Tesla says take the car it will be updated soon. I was told that before and it's not!! I fell completely stuck! I traded in a car already so now I don't even have that
Please, complain some more, eventually, if you post this in every single thread, you might find someone who cares.

I am more surprised at the reports of how "tesla sales" has made promises as to what would exist and when. The tesla folks I chatted with were more "ha, it will be coming, but we dont have a clue when". Even last week I asked when parity with AP1 would at least have the rain sensors back like my 3 year old tesla had, and no commitment. I am fine with the disclosure of this beta feature and current progress, would I like it all working, definitely, but I am ok with helping teach this new tech and be part of this new wave of driving. Sounds like people do get to go back to the person that made these promises and claim some compensation, or at least a full refund.

Reactions: Sather and Helmuth
curious whether or not the issues of safety feature limiting, & ghosting & completely inoperable (albeit temporary) safety features have impacted sales. If so - how much. if that's the case - it would make sense that sales people might possibly be 'encouraged' to promote the fixes/activation being quicker than reality.
Couple days ago or so, I read in Detrout news about fatalities back east in a Model S. Thankfully no contributing AP blame. Apparently the young driver, drunk about 3X the legal limit was speeding. Owner was in the passenger seat. Burst into flames & both died. nothing draws a media circus like a Tesla fire. Let's hope there's never a circus regarding AP2. There may very well be AP2 oversight by Department of Transportation, requiring Tesla to use this very long, draw out, constipated process in bringing everything AP2 full time online. If that's the case, tesla would do well to mention those dynamics.

Last edited:
My biggest wish (from a list of practical wishes) would be to "opt-in" to new releases. I'm cool with Telsa rolling out partial, even minimal, fleet updates and learning from them. I'd like to be a joiner. Happy to supply the wireless bandwidth.
That would be great!
With 7800 miles driven (in 37 days) I would like be to be one of an active beta tester!
With an implemented feedback feature (easy to use)!
Like Apple with their beta software...

Local autosteer is what I expected. Not perfect but about what ap1 did. I'm actually satisfied with the current implementation. It requires a lot of supervision but under the advertised conditions it does deliver. On sharp or long curves it will cross double yellows which is the biggest flaw. I was able to use on unmarked local road and it did great using the middle of the road and curb as guides without a lead car or any cars around. Impressive.

• Informative
Reactions: EinSV