Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Availability of 2022.45.11 containing FSD 11.3.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Z
haha, it's not a throughput or bandwidth issue. It's a rolling release to ensure Tesla can minimize impact if a serious problem were to arise early in the release cycles.
It appears that way.

I was attempting to identify any trends on TeslaFi and it appears that when it comes to first-time Full Self-Driving (FSD) installations, they prioritize individuals who have had FSD previously.

However, I was unable to determine how many upgrades from FSD to FSD occur before non-FSD to FSD upgrades.

It would be preferable if this process were more predictable.

it's ILLEGAL to pass on the right
Are you saying you think it is illegal to pass on the right when there is an available lane to the right of the person you are passing?

For example Maryland Driver's Manual:
However, it is acceptable to pass on the right if it is safe to do so, you stay on the roadway, and:
  • You are on an unobstructed highway with two or more lanes moving in the same direction.

Passing on the right legally varies from state to state. In Arizona:

8-724. Overtaking on the right
A. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:

1. When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn.

2. On a street or highway with unobstructed pavement that is not occupied by parked vehicles and that is of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in each direction.

3. On a one-way street or on a roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement and if the roadway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

B. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle on the right only under conditions permitting the movement in safety. The driver shall not make the movement by driving off the pavement or main traveled portion of the roadway.

AZDOT Passing on Right

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
In CA you can pass on the right under certain conditions:
Screenshot_20230321_165637_Chrome.jpg

Passing on the right legally varies from state to state. In Arizona:

8-724. Overtaking on the right
A. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass on the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:

1. When the vehicle overtaken is making or about to make a left turn.

2. On a street or highway with unobstructed pavement that is not occupied by parked vehicles and that is of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles in each direction.

3. On a one-way street or on a roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement and if the roadway is free from obstructions and of sufficient width for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

B. The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle on the right only under conditions permitting the movement in safety. The driver shall not make the movement by driving off the pavement or main traveled portion of the roadway.

AZDOT Passing on Right
So basically, Tesla should feed its fancy neural network with the latest state-specific traffic laws and adjust its driving accordingly based on GPS location. Kinda like what a human driver would do - knowing the rules that are different in each state.

Or, Tesla could play it super safe and follow the most conservative traffic laws known to be applicable in any state. But, some might find that kind of driving less performant.

Reactions: pilotSteve
My car has USS.. I am planning to cover them with cardboard patches and try over weekend...
I can record a video if it helps.
Thanks, it would be interesting to know if a USS car will fall back to vision if they're obstructed. If the vision parking functions do work for you then I think we'd all be interested in as much testing as you are able to do, thanks.

Nope.

I’ve had that conversation with the State Police and a DA.

Based on 21-304 MD code(below), the wording is less than stellar but I think the common normal interpretation would be that if the highway has two or more lanes, then you can pass on the right. The argument FOR this interpretation is that if there is a car going less than the speed limit in the fast lane does that mean you cannot pass them? Is your only option to call the authorities and wait for them to find you and save you by pulling over that vehicle for a 21-303 violation?

The wording of MD 21-304 could be considered vague. Also if there is any plain language requirement in Maryland, I think a plain language reading of the statute would favor legal passing on the right when "safe to do so".

Lots of states have language that explicitly allows passing on the right though.

Last thought....current MD enforcement runs counter to the information you got from State Police and the DA....you really contacted both the state police and the DA for this specific question? Seeing the drivers on the beltway in MD shows there is no enforcement of your(and State Police and DA's) reading of the statute.

21-304
(a) Subject to the requirements of subsection (b) of this section, the driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only:
(1) If the overtaken vehicle is making or about to make a left turn;
(2) On a highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles and wide enough for two or more lines of vehicles moving lawfully in the same direction as the overtaking vehicle; or
(3) On any one-way roadway, if the roadway is free from obstruction and wide enough for two or more lines of moving vehicles.

(b) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle to the right only if it is safe to do so.

Yep, we were having lunch and I asked that question.

I’m not going to lie and indicate that enforcement seems to be proper in the state of Maryland… There are plenty of times if someone is going under the speed limit in the passing lane, going around the beltway and they don’t get pulled over. (Something I brought up at lunch...)

Yeah.

The concern I have, aside from the rampid switching of lanes, is that it's ILLEGAL to pass on the right.

I've had several situations where my MYP is trying to be an aggressive lead foot and pass on the right. (I'm no angel, but that is something I tend to not do!)
exactly... when we do it it's human decision and we see more than just camera and fully ready... it doesn't..
also i have see it assume wrong speed limits..... 50 instead of 35 and speed-up

all those quotes from MD or AZ ro CA are only talking about total # of lanes in each way... i.e. size of of the road.. not the distance/width between two cars when passing right... at the least the way I understand it.

(a) Subject to the requirements of subsection (b) of this section, the driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass to the right of another vehicle only:
(1) If the overtaken vehicle is making or about to make a left turn; ************** i.e. number of lanes don't matter --- if the car-1 is taking left turn, car-2 can pass on right....
(2) On a highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles and wide enough for two or more lines of vehicles moving lawfully in the same direction as the overtaking vehicle; or ************* number of lanes does matter... car-2 cat over take car-1 with in same lane...??? but if there are two lanes, car-2 can pass car-1 on right...
(3) On any one-way roadway, if the roadway is free from obstruction and wide enough for two or more lines of moving vehicles. ******* same as 2.. but on oneway...

I did an experiment today, and conclude that with FSD 11.3.2 the Vison does not have parking sensor capability.

I covered all front USS sensors with a quarter over them, using a painters tape.

The car then could not detect garage door in front at all.

Once I removed the painters tape.. the car could sense distance from garage door in front.

Hence, vision only does not work for parking right now. Not atleast for the cars that came with uss initially.

Hope this helps.

I have recorded a video with this experiment. Once my son uploads it on youtube..I will share a link.