Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Average Wh/mi since owning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since most people will have only had their car a year or two I think it is going to make a significant difference whether you bought in the spring or the autumn.
if you bought in the spring you will have done x summers and (nearly) x winters
if you bought in the autumn you will have done x summers and (nearly) x+1 winters

if x was 100 this would make no difference but since x is more likely to be 0-2 it will be significant.

So essentially unless you bought your car at this time of year your figures will be skewed to some degree since you will not be quoting based on whole years

2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD lifetime: 232Wh/mile. We were 231 until 2 months ago when we had to make several trips of 180-200 miles RT at freeway speeds and we jumped to 232. Fully expect it to drop back to 231 soon. 18” wheels, always properly inflated, had alignment checked and is perfect after 42K miles, aero wheel covers always attached, still on original tires with 20K+ more miles likely available.

Has remained in 231-232Wh/mile monthly the entire life of our Model 3…this is TOTAL, not daily.

2018 Model 3 Long Range RWD lifetime: 232Wh/mile. We were 231 until 2 months ago when we had to make several trips of 180-200 miles RT at freeway speeds and we jumped to 232. Fully expect it to drop back to 231 soon. 18” wheels, always properly inflated, had alignment checked and is perfect after 42K miles, aero wheel covers always attached, still on original tires with 20K+ more miles likely available.

Has remained in 231-232Wh/mile monthly the entire life of our Model 3…this is TOTAL, not daily.
That is EPA....please forward your post to the DoJ

Interesting as it is, for anyone reading the figures from our US cousins above don't expect to get close to those figures in the UK. Our driving patterns are so different ( lots more very short journeys I suspect) and such different weather to California or Oregon that the figures might as well be from the moon.
I was nearer 300wh/m in my 2019 M3.
The idea of getting 60,000 miles from a set of tires on an M3 LR ( or pretty much any car) in the UK is also mind boggling. Has anyone managed half that? I know I didn't

Interesting as it is, for anyone reading the figures from our US cousins above don't expect to get close to those figures in the UK. Our driving patterns are so different ( lots more very short journeys I suspect) and such different weather to California or Oregon that the figures might as well be from the moon.
I was nearer 300wh/m in my 2019 M3.
The idea of getting 60,000 miles from a set of tires on an M3 LR ( or pretty much any car) in the UK is also mind boggling. Has anyone managed half that? I know I didn't
After my last trip to the UK...I was worried that I wouldn’t get 20,000 miles from my rims