Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what you mean by losing a MPH. the unit of phantom drain loss is either miles or energy (kwh). MPH is the unit for phantom drain *rate*.

Also, while the Tesla widget can tell you if the car is currently asleep or awake, it does not tell you for how long the car has been asleep or awake

trying it again today. so far so good on it going to sleep. re-installed the app

An interesting chart for me on this app is the "Histogram of Efficiency Across Users" because it provides a nice distribution of what real world Wh/mi people are getting vs the Tesla rated Wh/mi, and where my car is in that curve.

I'm noticing that the majority of the users are in 75%-85% efficiency – i.e., 15%-25% less range than Tesla's rated 310 miles. I have only had the car and the app. for a couple of weeks. Does rawmean or other longtime users know if this curve was shifted more to the right (towards 100%) before winter? Just curious how much the weather has affected this curve.

Reactions: f8K37Sq31
I just grabbed this from the App Store due to al the positive feedback from the other members. Looking forward to digging into the stats generated by my Model 3. :)

@rawmean Just wondering if it's possible within the app to allow for the tiered "billing per minute" approach that Tesla has used for Superchargers in Canada (and likely elsewhere) as explained here?

Last edited:
Odd feature request: Ability to have multiple cars on multiple logins. Our two Tesla's are on two separate accounts, no app (including Tesla's) can handle this, without logging out/in, which is a major PIA. It be really nice to have one app to rule them all.
@woof the reason for creating separate accounts is to ensure that the cars cannot be accessed from the other account.
If you want to be able to see the information for both cars and switch between, you can ask Tesla to move them to the same account.
Stats does support multiple cars in the same account and it let you switch between them easily.

I just grabbed this from the App Store due to al the positive feedback from the other members. Looking forward to digging into the stats generated by my Model 3. :)

@rawmean Just wondering if it's possible within the app to allow for the tiered "billing per minute" approach that Tesla has used for Superchargers in Canada (and likely elsewhere) as explained here?
Thanks for using the app.
The app does not run in the background continuously, so it can't know when exactly the charge occurred.
This is what I do: I charge the car almost always when the rate is the lowest (after midnight for us in SoCal). That's the rate that I enter in the app for cost of energy.

Hope this helps.

An interesting chart for me on this app is the "Histogram of Efficiency Across Users" because it provides a nice distribution of what real world Wh/mi people are getting vs the Tesla rated Wh/mi, and where my car is in that curve.

I'm noticing that the majority of the users are in 75%-85% efficiency – i.e., 15%-25% less range than Tesla's rated 310 miles. I have only had the car and the app. for a couple of weeks. Does rawmean or other longtime users know if this curve was shifted more to the right (towards 100%) before winter? Just curious how much the weather has affected this curve.

Yes,I have noticed that since winter started, the entire histogram is shifted towards smaller efficiency. You can actually see how your efficiency is affected by temperature using the graph below (this graph is somewhat hidden and the button that displays this graph appears only after the app has collected sufficient data -- see the attached thumbnail image).

I'm in southern California and it doesn't get too cold here. I was surprised to see that my car's efficiency is slightly lower when it was a bit hotter.

IMG_5BC9C361A782-1.jpeg

HI, do I need to open this app every day for It to aggregate the stats? how does it get the stats. If I for example leave it closed for a week wIth background app refresh on will it show me the status from every day while it was closed?

HI, do I need to open this app every day for It to aggregate the stats? how does it get the stats. If I for example leave it closed for a week wIth background app refresh on will it show me the status from every day while it was closed?
Hi @bottomsup No, you don't need to open the app for it to work and collect data. you only open the app if you want to see the graphs or control the car. iOs launches the app in the background occasionally and gives it a few seconds to do its job.

@rawmean, are you able to turn on Seat Heaters at this point?

BTW, love the app. Thanks.
Unfortunately, Tesla API does not allow seat heaters to be turned on remotely. I don't even think seat heaters turn on if someone is not sitting on the seat (please correct me if I am wrong).
I think seats warm up very quickly, anyway, so remotely turning the seat heaters on would waste energy unnecessarily. Of course, I live in Souther California, so I don't have much experience with very cold weather :)

Unfortunately, Tesla API does not allow seat heaters to be turned on remotely. I don't even think seat heaters turn on if someone is not sitting on the seat (please correct me if I am wrong).
I think seats warm up very quickly, anyway, so remotely turning the seat heaters on would waste energy unnecessarily. Of course, I live in Souther California, so I don't have much experience with very cold weather :)
Ok no prob. Figured that may be the case. Yes, they heat up quickly anyway so no big deal.