Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Awesome iOS App called Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You want to avoid an app that stores your password either on or off device. Apps should only hold onto OAuth tokens.
This has been discussed at length previously. Here it is again:
Tokens expire periodically. When they expire, the app can't do anything until the user generate them offline and enter them to the app. While expired, user loses stats that have not been collected and reminders can't be issued. This creates a very poor user experience.
You can see the privacy policy of Stats app in the AppStore and also in the app.

Hey @rawmean one thing I noticed is that if you set climate from the stats app on a schedule, after the schedule runs it sets the climate controls to off as opposed to “auto” which it was originally set to. Would it be possible for the app to leave the climate controls on auto after the schedule runs?
The app turns off climate after one hour only if you schedule Climate and you don't get in the car. This should not be a recurring event.
I'll look into your suggestion, anyway.

Is it possible to have the widget not show “loading” and instead show last known status (similar to Tesla widget), when the car is asleep? May not reflect actual status, of course (could say as much) as you can’t get info from the car when it is asleep AFAIK.

Would also be good if it would indicate the car state (asleep!) in the widget when it is asleep.

3AADDCC9-050E-420E-8C80-C0325D854C2C.png

Is it possible to have the widget not show “loading” and instead show last known status (similar to Tesla widget), when the car is asleep? May not reflect actual status, of course (could say as much) as you can’t get info from the car when it is asleep AFAIK.

Would also be good if it would indicate the car state (asleep!) in the widget when it is asleep.

View attachment 361320
Sure, I'll consider it.

Based on what have been reading here, I got app this morning. The idea of having the historical information really appeal to me, that petty much what I do in my day job. You need the data to gauge have your driving style change and to improve it and to track your car performance.
The only thing that seems strange after the app installed the car does not recognize my phone and would not open the door this morning. It might be just coincident, reboot to the phone fixed the issue. There still many feature to try with this app. Thank you @rawmean for such a neat app and be so responsive.

Based on what have been reading here, I got app this morning. The idea of having the historical information really appeal to me, that petty much what I do in my day job. You need the data to gauge have your driving style change and to improve it and to track your car performance.
The only thing that seems strange after the app installed the car does not recognize my phone and would not open the door this morning. It might be just coincident, reboot to the phone fixed the issue. There still many feature to try with this app. Thank you @rawmean for such a neat app and be so responsive.
Thank you @V2sj for letting other owners who may benefit from this app know.
I am a data scientist and machine learning engineer and share your view.

@woof the reason for creating separate accounts is to ensure that the cars cannot be accessed from the other account.
If you want to be able to see the information for both cars and switch between, you can ask Tesla to move them to the same account.
Stats does support multiple cars in the same account and it let you switch between them easily.
I'm aware that Tesla (and Stats) supports multiple cars per account, however, I don't want both cars on the same Tesla account.

I would like to see Stats support this.

Currently I use the Tesla App for me (I've a Model 3, so I have to have that logged into my account in order for the key to work), and Tesla Toolbox for my wife's car. Having Stats work for multiple logins simultaneously would be better.

I said it was an odd request.

I'm aware that Tesla (and Stats) supports multiple cars per account, however, I don't want both cars on the same Tesla account.

I would like to see Stats support this.

Currently I use the Tesla App for me (I've a Model 3, so I have to have that logged into my account in order for the key to work), and Tesla Toolbox for my wife's car. Having Stats work for multiple logins simultaneously would be better.

I said it was an odd request.
Sorry, switching between multiple tesla accounts requires logging out from one and logging in to the other; simultaneous login to both Tesla accounts is not possible.

This might be what I’ve been looking for!! I’ve just been keeping logs of charging data, miles, kw added/used etc.

What logic/how often does it poll the car to collect data regarding drives and charging? Are all charging events collected? How about driving events... All driving events or random? Does it just take snap shots of data at certain intervals/events or random times?

I know emphasis was taken on not reducing drain, but not polling the car as often typically comes at the expense of less/missed data points....which is why I’m curious to know more about how/when data is collected.

Hi @rawmean - Can you tell me what the "keyless driving" feature is? I already have my phone set up and it works flawlessly. What does your feature do, that's different than what Tesla does once your phone is set up as the "key"?

Also, though I have about five days worth of data (bought the app five days ago), I don't get the phantom drain summary bar on the "home" page. Is that something that will appear after more data is collected? I think I recall you telling another that the dotted line on the phantom drain histogram doesn't show up until it's got ten data points. Same for this summary bar on the home page?

Thanks!

@rawmean The latest ride the lightning podcast had a caller requesting the Tesla app notify you if you have a door left open. I called the 800 number and told the host ryan about your app and how it does this already as well as some of the other features your app has. If he likes my call he will play it on the next podcast and be heard by lots of people. Fingers crossed he hears my call and shares it.

This might be what I’ve been looking for!! I’ve just been keeping logs of charging data, miles, kw added/used etc.

What logic/how often does it poll the car to collect data regarding drives and charging? Are all charging events collected? How about driving events... All driving events or random? Does it just take snap shots of data at certain intervals/events or random times?

I know emphasis was taken on not reducing drain, but not polling the car as often typically comes at the expense of less/missed data points....which is why I’m curious to know more about how/when data is collected.
Lot's of questions...
It logs all charging events (unless you charge every 10 minutes or so). I've designed it to make sure it doesn't impact phantom drain and iPhone battery while catching all the events.