Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was about to make a new thread but found this one so Bump for Jan 23 orders!!!!
Seems like us B/B have the longest wait times , lets hope a batch of black comes thru sooner!
Wanted the black on white and 20" wheels but 55k cap :(

MYLR/ Black/Black /19" / 5-Seater
OD: 18 Jan
EDD: 31 Mar - 12 May
Delivery Location: Jacksonville, FL
No Vin
Just got an updated EDD
New EDD 2 Mar - 31 Mar!!!

Not sure if it made a difference but I change my payment option from cash to my bank yesterday

ahh a black model y thread.

i got an updated edd this morning on mine.

MYLR black on black 5 seater w/ 19" gemini wheels.

OD 1/18 around 10am cst
around 1/23 got EDD of 3/17 - 3/31
texas

updated 1/30
EDD has been bumped up to 2/18 - 3/18

no vin yet.

Any other B/B MYLR? guess it really is rare. What are people opinions/pro's and cons on Black MY's? I heard someone joke that you can't find the door handles at night 😂

My previous MS Plaid was black and the paint job wasn't what I would call the best and super hard to keep clean. More so than any other non Tesla black cars that I have owned. However, I specifically ordered black at that time (and this time as well) because I'm going to wrap it in satin black.

In my case, I wanted the color of the car to flow better with the wrap as opposed to a black wrapped blue car that would have blue door jams, etc.

Here's a few photos of my Plaid that was done in STEK DYNOblack Matte PPF. It was beautiful but very costly!

IMG_0830.JPG
IMG_0831.JPG

My previous MS Plaid was black and the paint job wasn't what I would call the best and super hard to keep clean. More so than any other non Tesla black cars that I have owned. However, I specifically ordered black at that time (and this time as well) because I'm going to wrap it in satin black.

In my case, I wanted the color of the car to flow better with the wrap as opposed to a black wrapped blue car that would have blue door jams, etc.

Here's a few photos of my Plaid that was done in STEK DYNOblack Matte PPF. It was beautiful but very costly!

View attachment 900981View attachment 900982

man...that looks so clean

Reactions: theslimshadyist
yeah..read in another thread that black is one of the least popular colors ordered.

all my cars since 97 have been black.

just looks soo clean to me.
I love black! My first two cars were black but just to change it up, my next two cars and truck after those were silver and blue but I'm going back to what I truly like and love! I plan on buying the Model. X next year and it will also be black 🤤

I put the order in 1/15
19” Gemini wheels
1st EDD: 2/20-3/20
2nd EDD: 2/16-3/16
No vin:

I’m getting scared of the thought of a black car now. What to do to keep it clean. 😜
lol its definitely a lot of work to keep it pristine. But nothing looks better then a waxed/detailed black car! The second car I owned was a black 02' Acura RSX, it was the only girl in my life and I kept her nearly perfect all the time

Reactions: fredzos
Ok yet another update! I received a call from my local Tesla center earlier this evening with the following.

Original EDD: 2/4 - 2/10
1/31 EDD: Jan - Feb 2023
1/31 EDD: Feb 17 - Feb 24
1/31 VIN assigned

The rep informed me that the car is ready for transport from CA to TN and that it is scheduled to arrive by 2/17!
Hell yea man dope!! I really hope I get a Fremont build as well, I really want the Matrix headlights! I know a lot of guys are delaying their orders for HW4 or radar but I couldn't care less, I want those headlights!

Reactions: theslimshadyist
Hell yea man dope!! I really hope I get a Fremont build as well, I really want the Matrix headlights! I know a lot of guys are delaying their orders for HW4 or radar but I couldn't care less, I want those headlights!

I agree with everything you said! I have subscribed to FSD on several occasions and although I can see where it would be useful, 90% of my driving is in the city where I prefer to be in control. I'd rather have my car sooner than later because I personally don't have a use case for HW4 but that's just me!

Ok yet another update! I received a call from my local Tesla center earlier this evening with the following.

Original EDD: 2/4 - 2/10
1/31 EDD: Jan - Feb 2023
1/31 EDD: Feb 17 - Feb 24
1/31 VIN assigned

The rep informed me that the car is ready for transport from CA to TN and that it is scheduled to arrive by 2/17!
Just as an FYI for others, the EDD defaulting back to the vague EDD that was in place at the time of order after having a specific EDD was often a sign that you were about to receive a VIN. I saw this a lot while following the delivery threads last year.

Congrats on VIN!!

I put the order in 1/15
19” Gemini wheels
1st EDD: 2/20-3/20
2nd EDD: 2/16-3/16
No vin:

I’m getting scared of the thought of a black car now. What to do to keep it clean. 😜

i'm already planning to get ceramic coating and getting the whole car wrapped with the clear bra same day i get delivery.

want that black paint to be steady shining haha