Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not having a SA may have been a mistake. If I buy a Tesla again, I would buy from a Tesla sales office, then at least the sales person would have a vested interest in getting me a car.
I’m not sure this is always true. My SA has not really been engaged at all….he doesn’t seem to have any more insight about the car delivery then refreshing the order page.

Not having a SA may have been a mistake. If I buy a Tesla again, I would buy from a Tesla sales office, then at least the sales person would have a vested interest in getting me a car.

Your SA is a showroom/store employee that's closet to your physical location, when you've ordered it online with no assistance from anyone.

You can go into your local Tesla showroom and ask somebody there who's the SA assigned to your order, and they should be able to look that up for you. You can also email [email protected] and ask them who your SA is, as I was able to do that both on this order and on my previous Model 3 order last year. My assigned SA's sometimes take 12-24 hours to reply back to me, but they're usually good about it.

Remember, your SA probably has a lot of buyers assigned to them, and some people may not be as patient as you and can take up a lot more of their time bugging them constantly. So be patient with their response time, especially at EOQ when lots of people are expecting deliveries any day now.

Found a new inventory model in my exact config except w/ FSD, gonna give them a ring tomorrow to remove FSD and merge with my order to get my original pricing (51,990)!

With any (bad) luck, that car will probably be gone/sold within the hour... or in a few minutes, unless you select the Buy now option and put $100 down to secure it. Then you can ask to see if the SA can remove FSD and adjust the price accordingly. If they can't do what you want them to do, then the worst is you're out $100 if you decide not to move forward and cancel that order.

Unfortunately in these times, people are grabbing whatever they can when they don't want to wait for their orders with EDD's months out.

Delivery time suddenly jumped two months! What’s going on?
Here’s a record of how the estimated delivery time changes over time:
5/1 order delivery 6/11 - 6/25
5/6 June 13 - June 30
5/27 June 19 - June 30
5/28 June 11 - June 30
6/6 June 19 - June 30
6/14 June 30 - July 20
6/22 July 03 - July 23
6/28 September

This is for a Model Y ordered on 5/1.

One thought,
What determines you can have home delivery or SC pick up or only option given by Tesla account page?
Wondering if it's just requested thing
No, read through the posts. There’s numerous post that around some regions it’s home delivery only OR a local pickup. It’s no longer at the service center you pick up the vehicle.
I just logged in and saw a VIN assigned (217xxx). 6/30 - 7/5 EDD now (was September for about a week).

Should I expect a text to schedule delivery first or will I see something new on the Tesla order status page?
strange, I got a text yesterday around 1030am asking for a June delivery date but no vin assigned. Emailed my SA and she said that if there was an available vehicle match that I me confirming to the text allows me delivery. If not I’m looking at august for a delivery, first 2 weeks of August.

Delivery time suddenly jumped two months! What’s going on?
Here’s a record of how the estimated delivery time changes over time:
5/1 order delivery 6/11 - 6/25
5/6 June 13 - June 30
5/27 June 19 - June 30
5/28 June 11 - June 30
6/6 June 19 - June 30
6/14 June 30 - July 20
6/22 July 03 - July 23
6/28 September

This is for a Model Y ordered on 5/1.
I think we should be assuming mid-July for now. Mine changed to Sept last week, but I've been told mid-July by a couple people. Who knows.