Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh snap! My EDD actually moved UP by two weeks today. Biggest EDD bump I've seen in a while! was 9/7 - 9/26 and now 8/23 - 9/12.
(OD 5/28)
My order date is 5/27 and my EDD is maintaining at 8/22 - 9/11 so, I think your EDD checks out. I spoke to the SA yesterday and they said that my car is likely to be delivered sometime in between the last week of August and beginning of September. So, I anticipate it'll be 8/29 to 9/4; I won't hold my breath though.

Reactions: PackMan730 and DZMY
It’s likely because Tesla is making more $$ on performance model.

I ordered the MYLR, red exterior ($2k), white interior ($1k), with tow ($1k). And I had ordered after the recent price increases, so mine is even more profitable than folks that ordered in May. And yet, my EDD is December. 😢 So whatever they are doing for performance to desire to prioritize them must be pure profit -- perhaps simply a software setting?

Edit: my mistake. According to Stairway2001, "Adding the Performance trim over Long Range model adds a lowered suspension, bigger brakes, 21-inch wheels, aluminum pedals, and $7,000 to the price."

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
I ordered the MYLR, red exterior ($2k), white interior ($1k), with tow ($1k). And I had ordered after the recent price increases, so mine is even more profitable than folks that ordered in May. And yet, my EDD is December. 😢 So whatever they are doing for performance to desire to prioritize them must be pure profit -- perhaps simply a software setting?

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

Adding the Performance trim over Long Range model adds a lowered suspension, bigger brakes, 21-inch wheels, aluminum pedals, and $7,000 to the price.

Reactions: e645824
Adding the Performance trim over Long Range model adds a lowered suspension, bigger brakes, 21-inch wheels, aluminum pedals, and $7,000 to the price.

The Perf "trim" also adds the carbon fiber rear trunk spoiler and LED-matrix projector headlights.

Also if you think about adding the "acceleration boost" software upgrade to drop .5 sec in your 0-60 and have some pep in your LR car, that's going to run you $2000 (plus tax, so around $2150-ish). The Perf is still quicker with a 3.5 sec 0-60, so if you considered that a good full 1 second (technically on paper it's like a 1.3 sec difference) from the LR, then double the AB cost and consider it a $4000 increase, before sales tax. Add that to the rest of the trim parts mentioned above and you're close to that $7000 price difference.

The wait is over, just received the famous blue button this afternoon, VIN 242. EDD changed from Aug 21st - Sept 9th to now showing Aug 9th - Aug 12th. My order date was 5/29 and taking delivery in Costa Mesa.
My model Y got delayed 2 days into Costa Mesa delivery center and arrived Friday afternoon, currently set up to take delivery Monday but hoping they can make it ready for pick up tomorrow Sunday. Tesla like all other industries are experiencing trucker driver shortage which are impacting the supply chain. I work in international logistics and things have not been this bad as far I can remember.

My model Y got delayed 2 days into Costa Mesa delivery center and arrived Friday afternoon, currently set up to take delivery Monday but hoping they can make it ready for pick up tomorrow Sunday. Tesla like all other industries are experiencing trucker driver shortage which are impacting the supply chain. I work in international logistics and things have not been this bad as far I can remember.
Congrats!

Reactions: Malmskov
Right now I am on day 78. EDD is August 22 - September 11, if that EDD holds and let's say that I'll receive my MYLR on September 1st, it'll be 96 days total wait time. I am curious what the average number of days of waiting it will be for May orders and beyond because previously months were averaging around 70-80 days if my memory serves me.
I'm on day 101 and still waiting, no VIN yet. EDD is 9/23-9/30 which I have zero confidence in.

Congrats! Did you receive this afternoon or you just checked now since morning?
Thanks. I don't know exactly when but I believe they updated my account with the VIN around 2 PM today. At that time I wanted to check my account but I couldn't sign back in because I kept receiving an error. I did not have time to read what error was that since I was driving, so I put the phone aside and kept driving. I found out the VIN in my account when I got home.

Reactions: PackMan730 and DZMY