Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
24h passed since VIN assignment and no one has reached out to me. It's weird because I live 15 miles from Fremont and I suppose they don't have to deliver the car somewhere as I selected pickup from Fremont's factory
Its been 2 weeks of VIN assignment and I haven't received any calls/notifications for delivery. I am bay area as well 10 miles from Fremont.
I called Tesla Fremont and they say the car is being prepared for delivery but did not confirm any dates!

The next 8 days are going to be crazy at Tesla. My EDD has been stuck at late July and early August for the last 3 days. My SA insists that I'm track for a delivery before 6/30. 5/24 order LR, Blue/Black, 5 seats, tow, no FSD. Trade in values are being held through 6/30.
This is my situation too! Ordered on May 18. MYLR, MSM, Black interior, induction no tow and no fsd and my EDD is end of July beginning of August now ( It used to be end of June, then beggining of July, then middle of July and now this) and My SA sweared that I was on track for June 22 Delivery ( She told me that on June 15), Today is June 22 and I don't even see a Vin in my account....

Reactions: JustYNot
Based on comments in this thread (and others) it appears that Tesla in this quarter have changed it's logistics now that they can not build enough cars for the demand. Tesla will do what is best for Teals and that is to optimize for revenue/profit.
It looks like they are now just building as many cars as possible with the parts they have on hand and then trying to match it to a customer later instead of having a work order per car and building it for an order.
There is also the logistics of getting cars to their owners and Tesla may also just (or mostly) load up all the car transports available with cars and send them out to delivery centers before trying to assign a VIN.
I think what we are seeing is that VINs get assigned much later when cars is on a transport to a delivery center rather than at production and that orders are not fulfilled in order except at the individual delivery center as they get more or less random car configurations delivered.
This may explain the useless date estimates on the website when it is not reverting to defaulting to the default delivery timeline when it has not gotten any better data from the backend server most mornings.
This is just my take on the situation (and speculation), but your delivery time may be down to the lottery of what cars your delivery center gets based on the cars easiest to load on a car carrier in Fremont as the race is on for sending out as many cars as possible. With the current demand they will surely find someone that will take it, so it's all good for Tesla and maybe not so good for you if you have been waiting for a few months and the delivery lottery gods are not on your side. :(
I filtered the spreadsheet by Long Range AWD and then Performance and calculated the average of days from order to VIN.
Long Range AWD is 46 days on average and Performance is 64 days on average to get a VIN.
Does anyone else find if strange that performance models take much longer to deliver when the opposite is advertised on the website? Is Tesla just baiting (and switching) people to order the higher price performance version to get it faster and then delivering performance much slower.

Congrats. I am happy another April order has been filled.
What was your EDD before getting your car?
Did they provide a build date prior receiving your vin?
Thanks! Already scheduled pickup on Thursday 6/24! My EDD prior to getting the VIN was always a 20 day window with the latest date being the 30th. It then began to shrink by 1 day, every day until today. I had a couple September dates in there too. Nobody talked to me through the whole process. I ordered online and did not interact really with anyone in any meaningful way.

Reactions: CPA4U
Our car has arrived! Now to start inspection

Attachments

• PXL_20210622_210402487.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210622_210402487.MP.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 51
I filtered the spreadsheet by Long Range AWD and then Performance and calculated the average of days from order to VIN.
Long Range AWD is 46 days on average and Performance is 64 days on average to get a VIN.
Does anyone else find if strange that performance models take much longer to deliver when the opposite is advertised on the website? Is Tesla just baiting (and switching) people to order the higher price performance version to get it faster and then delivering performance much slower.
Well, I'm on day 47 and today they backed up my EDD from the end of June to July 3-23. So much for average.

Reactions: JustYNot