Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those who have gotten a VIN or blue button recently...which did you get first? or did they show up on your account page at the same time?

Just talked to my SA this afternoon, he said he can't really give me a more specific date until I receive the VIN, anything else would really just be a guess...but he's hoping the car should be delivered in the next week or two as Tesla is pushing out as many as they can as fast as they can.

Walnut Creek/Dublin/Vallejo, Wherever my SA is.. Needs to have a tow package..

Awaiting the VINGods to speak.

download.jpg

For the lucky ones who have received VINs and the cars already - if you are doing 3rd party financing how does that work with delivery? Your bank wires money to tesla prior to delivery? you walk into delivery appointment with check? just trying to figure out the financing in hopes of getting a VIN soon!

Anyone In here recently get their car? I was supposed to send my friends referral link to my SA but she can’t seem to find one and wonders if it’s since she’s a second owner. In any case, any CA locals who took delivery and want to share their referral link?
Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels:
Earn Free Supercharging Miles or a $100 Cash Award
Samantha94272

Reactions: YForMeee
for those who have gotten a VIN or blue button recently...which did you get first? or did they show up on your account page at the same time?

Just talked to my SA this afternoon, he said he can't really give me a more specific date until I receive the VIN, anything else would really just be a guess...but he's hoping the car should be delivered in the next week or two as Tesla is pushing out as many as they can as fast as they can.
Blue button and email first. Right after I clicked the blue “proceed with delivery” button, my account updated with my VIN.

Reactions: E-ProjexFinest

You get the blue button and then the VIN will appear. Happened to me this AM. This afternoon, I got my first call from a live person at the Tesla SC (Vallejo). Very nice. Scheduled me for delivery tomorrow from 9AM-6PM. At that point you'll get the prompt to make final payment on the Account page.

Strangely, after that call, I got the Text to schedule my delivery. Clicked the link and it says I'm scheduled for delivery 6/23 from 12AM-2AM. :) So that would mean tonight I would have a car dropped off while I'm sleeping (not). I know it's not right, it will be at a decent hour, but it's exciting to think about it.

Oh, and I'm feeling it for all of you still waiting. Hang in there.

Last edited:
Anyone In here recently get their car? I was supposed to send my friends referral link to my SA but she can’t seem to find one and wonders if it’s since she’s a second owner. In any case, any CA locals who took delivery and want to share their referral link?

same time for me. Woke up to the blue button. Got past that page and saw the VIN.

Super jealous. That’s the car I’m waiting on and ordered on 4/15. I’m in the Bay Area though
Hang in there, I have always been the jealous one going through these posts. My time came and yours will too!

I refreshed my order web page and it popped up. Once I accepted the VIN was listed on my order page. I never got an email prepping me or even after. I got an automated text message from the "delivery team" about an hour afterward that I had to reply "Yes" to in order to say I want my car this week. I then got another text with a link to go and schedule my delivery day and time at the SC. No one has called me, but I have my VIN, day, time and location.