Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thinking out loud here: one of the main reasons why I was concerned about not getting my car by the end of June was because past quarters seem to dictate that if you live in CA and don't get your car by quarter's end, you're pushed back 1-2 months due to Tesla's delivery schedule. However Q2 (and consequently Q3) are very different than previous quarters with them maxing out capacity well before quarter's end. My thinking (or hope?) is that the beginning of Q3 (July 1st and onward) will be dedicated to getting Q2 orders out that were not delivered by 6/30. In late May and early June there was a huge push to get East Coast deliveries done -- even those that ordered in late May. So I really hope Tesla does the right thing and prioritizes April/May orders on the West Coast and gets them delivered in July.

Just thinking out loud here: one of the main reasons why I was concerned about not getting my car by the end of June was because past quarters seem to dictate that if you live in CA and don't get your car by quarter's end, you're pushed back 1-2 months due to Tesla's delivery schedule. However Q2 (and consequently Q3) are very different than previous quarters with them maxing out capacity well before quarter's end. My thinking (or hope?) is that the beginning of Q3 (July 1st and onward) will be dedicated to getting Q2 orders out that were not delivered by 6/30. In late May and early June there was a huge push to get East Coast deliveries done -- even those that ordered in late May. So I really hope Tesla does the right thing and prioritizes April/May orders on the West Coast and gets them delivered in July.
I agree. Plus, the Y is only sold in NA, so it's not like they have to ship all of month 1 production overseas. At that rate, Q4 production is going to be sold by mid Q3. Austin can't come online soon enough.

Reactions: fender4645
It is interesting how quickly by Model Y order processed with the order placed June 2nd and the delivery June 20th. I'm not gloating here and frankly would have preferred late August delivery due to my other cars lease return date of Aug 23rd. I went ahead with early delivery due to having to go back into a Q with uncertian delivery. I have the car and it will be getting only occasional use due to me being under mileage on the previous lease. I did get a wall charger installed and it is giving 45 miles per charge hour so happy with that.

My neighbor came over yesterday to take a look and my other car (a Range Rover Velar) was sitting behind the Tesla in the driveway. He like me, always loved the form and function of the Velar but his comment yesterday was "the Velar looks dated compared to the Model Y". That comment perfectly summed up my feelings about the 2 vehicles. Although the Tesla isn't as sexy looking as the Velar, it is better in literally every category that matters to me. My hope is that I still feel that way a few months from now.

My EDD of July 22-August 11 hasn't changed for almost a week now, not sure if that's a good or bad thing! I appreciate the consistency instead of it bouncing around all over the place.

5/24 order here. Last 4-5 days, I've been stuck in that same range, though it keeps pushing out the EDD by 1 day each day. My SA told me that he still thinks that I'll be delivered next week. Go figure...

Congrats! 1st 7 seater I've seen come down to OC in a while!

My dates have held at August 2-22 since last Saturday. Which makes me think they may be more real -- as before they would change drastically every day. I haven't had that glorious end of June EDD since early last week.

Congrats! 1st 7 seater I've seen come down to OC in a while!

My dates have held at August 2-22 since last Saturday. Which makes me think they may be more real -- as before they would change drastically every day. I haven't had that glorious end of June EDD since early last week.
Thanks! For a while, I thought I was the only blue with 7 seats in OC. My dad ordered a silver 5 seater on 5/31 and I thought his would come before mine. The way Tesla works, who knows!

Beyond frustrated at this point (as is everyone). I think today is my breaking point.
My initial order EDD was 6-8 weeks (that has passed) and today my loan expires so I will have to reapply for a loan to cover the 5 remaining days of the month. I was told by Tesla my 60-day loan app would be sufficient amount of time and I would receive the car before the loan expires. Obviously, we all know that’s not true.
I spoke with Burbank delivery yesterday and was told my car was being built today and I would get a VIN this morning. If not, to call them back and see what is going on. My husband just got off the phone with them and they said they have no information and have no idea when I will get a VIN. I know we all get different answers from different SAs but just baffled how they are such different responses from the same DC location. My husband asked why we were told to call back and the DA said not sure why were told that information but they have no way of knowing when a VIN is assigned (the generic answer). I honestly thought seeing all the MYs in the mall parking yesterday meant a VIN was on its way but apparently it’s not.
Sorry, rant over.

Update from my SA:
she checked her system and it shows I’m supposed to get my car on 7/12. She said the website EDD (updated to Sept today for me) isn’t accurate, and oddly TSLA isn’t sending as many cars down to south OC this quarter.
Thanks for the update. My configuration, order date, and EDD are very close to yours and my date changed to Sept this morning (again!). So I'll assume mid-July is more realistic.

My EDD also shifted to September. The Tesla order page states if you order today delivery will be in 4-8 weeks. Even if you go out the full 8 weeks, someone ordering today would get the car in August and yet my order date of 5-6 is now estimating delivery in September. Obviously, we are getting incorrect information. The question is what is correct?

I think we should get a discount on group therapy over this.

Was called 5 minutes ago that my delivery could be arranged today. They changed appointment to 12-2 PM and I was told that payment option was unlocked. But I don't see anything in my account, there is no payment option and MVPA is not attached as well. Should I be concerned?

I did not receive any sort of text reply but . . . .

This morning I got the 'Blue Button' and was assigned a VIN. And the stock is up again. Happy Daze!

Ordered in February, mind you.

And a few minutes ago, I got "the call" from Tesla. They will be dropping my Y off at my office. Went from blue button to VIN to car drop off ::::crossing fingers:::: on the same day!

Beyond frustrated at this point (as is everyone). I think today is my breaking point.
My initial order EDD was 6-8 weeks (that has passed) and today my loan expires so I will have to reapply for a loan to cover the 5 remaining days of the month. I was told by Tesla my 60-day loan app would be sufficient amount of time and I would receive the car before the loan expires. Obviously, we all know that’s not true.
I spoke with Burbank delivery yesterday and was told my car was being built today and I would get a VIN this morning. If not, to call them back and see what is going on. My husband just got off the phone with them and they said they have no information and have no idea when I will get a VIN. I know we all get different answers from different SAs but just baffled how they are such different responses from the same DC location. My husband asked why we were told to call back and the DA said not sure why were told that information but they have no way of knowing when a VIN is assigned (the generic answer). I honestly thought seeing all the MYs in the mall parking yesterday meant a VIN was on its way but apparently it’s not.
Sorry, rant over.
Totally understand your frustration. I've been kinda lucky to have a pretty responsive SA but the fact is their information fluctuates just as much as our EDDs do. I posted last week a screenshot from their tool that showed a "firm production" of my car on 6/19. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. I don't blame the SAs -- they have what they have. Honestly I think a lot of this has to do with Tesla reaching their production/logistical capacity of having a single factory producing 4 different models of cars for the entire world (excluding China). I would expect things to go much smoother and quicker once Austin and Berlin come online.

Long time lurker and first time post here. I wanted to thank you for all the updates and info everyone has provided.

I ordered MYLR - White/White - no tow - 5 seat on 5/30 (completed the profile the same day). I live about 2-3 miles from the Fremont factory and was expecting to receive my MY by end of the quarter since I live nearby which works out in favor of Tesla in terms of pushing vehicles before the end of the quarter. So far my EDD has seen June for a few lucky days but for the past 3-4 days it has been stuck on July 20th - August 4th.

Anyways, I'm lucky enough to pick something from the existing inventory MYLR - White/Black - no tow - 5 seat which currently is in Colma right now. The existing inventory filter is a bit tricky because different vehicles will show up if you filter by miles and zip code even though I put zip codes in neighboring cities like Newark and Fremont so I recommend trying that method as I have been doing the past few days.

I'm waiting right now to see if my SA can transfer my information over from one RN to another RN and hopefully I can get the initial $100 back.

Reactions: Greg007