Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been lurking a while along with you folks.

Received VIN 217xxx at 5am for my 5/29 order from Fremont factory. MY LR MSM/Black 7 19" Gemini with Tow Hitch and with FSD. Delivery date had been June 19-30 with day by day slip up to 6/24-6-30 as of last night. Hope y'all get your VINs soon too.
Replying to myself because I've seen folks asking: No, I did NOT receive a "JUNE" text prior to getting a VIN assigned

Long time lurker and first time post here. I wanted to thank you for all the updates and info everyone has provided.

I ordered MYLR - White/White - no tow - 5 seat on 5/30 (completed the profile the same day). I live about 2-3 miles from the Fremont factory and was expecting to receive my MY by end of the quarter since I live nearby which works out in favor of Tesla in terms of pushing vehicles before the end of the quarter. So far my EDD has seen June for a few lucky days but for the past 3-4 days it has been stuck on July 20th - August 4th.

Anyways, I'm lucky enough to pick something from the existing inventory MYLR - White/Black - no tow - 5 seat which currently is in Colma right now. The existing inventory filter is a bit tricky because different vehicles will show up if you filter by miles and zip code even though I put zip codes in neighboring cities like Newark and Fremont so I recommend trying that method as I have been doing the past few days.

I'm waiting right now to see if my SA can transfer my information over from one RN to another RN and hopefully I can get the initial $100 back.
I think if you've ordered in mid-May or beyond, getting an inventory car is probably the way to go if you don't want to risk waiting till possibly September. There has been $2k in price increases since I ordered and I just couldn't pull that trigger on principal alone.

I've got to say, this group has truly been the moral support I needed during this last stretch. I know there are a lot of people still waiting for a text, a phone call or an email; all I can say is you're not alone and we're all here for each other.

I've gotten to know some of the people at the Buena Park DC, if there is anything I can do to help, please reach out.

Will be back with an update once I hear more.

I think if you've ordered in mid-May or beyond, getting an inventory car is probably the way to go if you don't want to risk waiting till possibly September. There has been $2k in price increases since I ordered and I just couldn't pull that trigger on principal alone.
Same here. I see an inventory with 7seaats and tow hitch rest everything same as my order but it’ll cost me 6k more than my locked in price

Delivery date has been moved to 26-30 and I still have a VIN. I doubt they will make it by the 30th as my car is still not out of production. I have been told they will still honor my original FSD price if TESLA cannot delivery the car by their own June 30 deadline.

oh I never received the email regarding a VIN . I just happened to log into my account and there it was.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
Thanks for reminding me. I didn't even check the price difference between now and a month ago. The car itself cost $500 more from May 26 until June 24. The one I got today has black leather vs. white leather so it's a $1000 less so I guess save a total of $500. My current lease is up at the end of the month or else I would just wait for the EDD 7/20 date.

Reactions: fender4645
A couple non-performance just showed up in the LA area inventory...

RT

2021-06-24_11-22-58.png

• Helpful
Reactions: alexcue
My EDD of July 22-August 11 hasn't changed for almost a week now, not sure if that's a good or bad thing! I appreciate the consistency instead of it bouncing around all over the place.
Mine has been creeping up very slowly this week (aside from September glitches). 8/9-8/29 -> 8/3-8/23 -> 8/2-8/22 (which is really where I started lol).

So pretty consistent. I agree, stabilization of the EDD takes away a lot of the anxiety.

1624559295731.png

Reactions: Greg007
Thanks! For a while, I thought I was the only blue with 7 seats in OC. My dad ordered a silver 5 seater on 5/31 and I thought his would come before mine. The way Tesla works, who knows!
Glad to see a Blue 7 seater getting delivered finally! That's what I'm waiting on as well (plus a tow hitch)...hopefully we'll be seeing a big batch of blue cars being delivered in the next week or so. Seemed to be primarily white & silver the past few weeks.

Insurance question for anyone who has gone with Tesla...my account page says I'll be able to purchase Tesla insurance as my delivery date approaches, so the blue button to get a Tesla Insurance Quote is not active.

With people getting deliveries the same day that they receive the VIN, were you able to get the Tesla insurance squared away earlier? Or did you do it after receiving the VIN? or are they waiving that as part of the delivery requirement?

Insurance question for anyone who has gone with Tesla...my account page says I'll be able to purchase Tesla insurance as my delivery date approaches, so the blue button to get a Tesla Insurance Quote is not active.

With people getting deliveries the same day that they receive the VIN, were you able to get the Tesla insurance squared away earlier? Or did you do it after receiving the VIN? or are they waiving that as part of the delivery requirement?
When we got the blue button to accept vision and got the vin was when we were able to check Tesla rate. Pretty much in the same line with our current insurance

Reactions: King86
With my limited knowledge, I’d consider this explanation BS. There is no reason for tesla to not send cars to a specific location unless they don’t/can’t sell there. Considering that SoCal is in Cali, tesla started delivering there late in the quarter
Within CA you are probably right. I think they may want to get more cars out to areas with less cars just for the exposure. Every other car is a Tesla where I am. I guess my explanation only answers them shipping so many out of state. Within the state they shouldn't have a bias.

Nonetheless they should give accurate EDD's no matter what their business model and strategy is. I guess its exciting to check everyday but not fun at the same time lol.