Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked and I got the message to confirm for new Tesla autopilot vision(?- I just agreed to it without reading it carefully since I read from the forum it’s a standard disclaimer for camera only.).

My vin. # is 224xxx. Super excited about receiving a vin.

It’s been a long 6 weeks because of the lack of transparency for delivery date. Nevertheless, I’m excited because it’s going to be our first EV and hope the inspection process goes well. Cheers everyone and hope more get their vin in the coming days.

Have same config as you (order date 04/24) and I have a 212 VIN as well. I think they build ours a while ago and just haven’t delivered yet considering there are VINs in the high teens and some in the twenties.
I was told by Burbank my car was built and they were waiting for delivery to them and I would get an email for delivery as soon as it was en route to then. I got that email this afternoon around 4/430 and was able to schedule delivery for 06/29.
Hey car twin, that's awesome!! I hope we get our cars soon!!

Reactions: Wishingwell
Bay Area peeps - it seems like home delivery is the default despite selecting pickup. Has anyone reached out to the Delivery Team and they allowed pickup instead?
i live in San Jose but I picked it up in Dublin. I wasn’t given the option for home delivery. But that’s good because I wanted to go there to pick it up. I didn’t want anyone else driving it me 30+ miles

Things sure escalated quickly:
Last night VIN assigned at 8p
Today delivery text at 745am (for tomorrow, 1pm pick up in Dublin, I’m in SJ)
Call at 750am to schedule home delivery for today (9-6)
8am: account updated for final payment. Done
8:10am: I’m losing my mind knowing I get the car today some time (at least that’s the current plan) and waiting for insurance office to open.

Moral of the story: be ready to move fast these last 3 days and be flexible. Have funding ready, back up rides to pickup location, etc.

(Rep who called did say phone calls aren’t best way for info due to frantic pace, messaging is -if needed).