Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker.

Ordered 4/26, completed profile 5/6. MYLR blue, black int, 20”, no tow, no fsd. Original EDD 6/15-6/30. Subsequent changes to 7/4-7/30, then 6/26-6/30, and was September for like the past 4 days. This morning EDD reappeared with 7/1- 7/12. Check again around 2pm today and got the blue button then VIN(222XXX). It’s been a wild ride waiting.

Long time lurker.

Ordered 4/26, completed profile 5/6. MYLR blue, black int, 20”, no tow, no fsd. Original EDD 6/15-6/30. Subsequent changes to 7/4-7/30, then 6/26-6/30, and was September for like the past 4 days. This morning EDD reappeared with 7/1- 7/12. Check again around 2pm today and got the blue button then VIN(222XXX). It’s been a wild ride waiting.
EDD changed to June 29-June 30

So....got a call from Tesla that they need to reschedule my delivery appt from today at 5pm to tomorrow at 5pm. Asked why - the DC doesn't have my car yet and that it's still in the factory in the last couple of production phases. Ugh! I also need to call at noon to see if my car is at the DC.

My brother got his VIN 2 days after me and was able to pick up from the same DC - his VIN is 219*** and his car was already there waiting for him.

Hoping they finish it up and i get delivery by tomorrow. My VIN is 224*** - i guess they assigned it before the car was even finished.

Reactions: cancoi
Hey ya'll. New here. Glad I found this thread as I've been anxiously waiting for delivery info. Ordered in Feb 2021 (before price hike as recommended by my SA.) Black LR, black interior, 5, upgraded wheels, no tow hitch or FSD. I placed a delivery hold right after placing my order and my SA said it usually lasts about 90 days (ended up lasting about 120 days.) Finally decided to proceed with getting the car so completed my profile June 15. E-mailed my SA since I saw delivery estimate wasn't til Sept. He seemed to think I would get mine by end of June (clearly not happening.) My delivery estimate has pretty much been consistently Mid Aug-Sept 2. Only saw it go to July for a couple days just after placing my order. I'm about 10-15 min away from the Fremont factory. I haven't reached out to him since letting him know I completed my profile, figured he'd be busy. Thinking about reaching out to see if thinks I'll get delivery/VIN assigned sooner than August.

Reactions: cancoi and Greg007
Got my delivery appt confirmed for tomorrow. Considering selling my existing car tonight. Am I tempting fate here?

I know the chances I will reject delivery are low, but in that unlikely event I don't like the alternative of having to rent/borrow a car if something goes wrong with delivery.

If you're able to sell your car now and get good money for it, then it might be a chance worth taking. Otherwise, waiting 1 day probably isn't going to hurt its value or the selling price.

Tomorrow is the last day of the quarter, so Tesla is going to try its hardest to deliver as many cars as possible by end of day tomorrow. So there's probably a low chance that you won't get it tomorrow (only if the deliveries run too long and they can't get to you tomorrow, which then might be the next day), but most likely you'll get it tomorrow.

If you're able to sell your car now and get good money for it, then it might be a chance worth taking. Otherwise, waiting 1 day probably isn't going to hurt its value or the selling price.

Tomorrow is the last day of the quarter, so Tesla is going to try its hardest to deliver as many cars as possible by end of day tomorrow. So there's probably a low chance that you won't get it tomorrow (only if the deliveries run too long and they can't get to you tomorrow, which then might be the next day), but most likely you'll get it tomorrow.

Would tend to agree. I'm actually thinking about it being the end of the quarter for whatever dealership/company I end up selling it to as well. If you're a dealership, and know you won't be able to sell my car by 11:59PM 6/30, why would you want another car in your inventory? I'm probably overthinking this....

Reactions: cancoi
VVVIIINNN! Called my SA this morning. Called an hour later and said he found me a vehicle, same config, in a different pickup location. (Costa Mesa vs Burbank). Going to grab it tomorrow morning!
Not to sound like a sour apple but many of our S.A.'s must be incompetent. I have the same build (ordered 5/2) and there are people from April without cars. Good for you obviously but I dont get wtf is going on...this is stupid. Are the SA's playing favorites or have more to do with this or is it Tesla. F@*$ this system.

My delivery was scheduled for today (06/29) but just got a text that the car is still in Fremont and they rescheduled delivery for tomorrow (06/30). Anyone else in Burbank or SoCal have a similar situation?
My VIN is 212xxx which I am assuming has been built for some time now so just a little surprised it hasn’t made its way down yet. They have received my full payment for the car so I guess they have their $$ for end of quarter so no rush to get me my car. 😩
Me! My appt scheduled today 6/29 was rescheduled to tomorrow 6/30 since the car is still at the factory, per the DC. My VIN is 224xxx and the guy from the DC said my car is in its final phases of production and to check back tomorrow at noon to see if my car made it to the DC. I paid my down payment but the large check amount is in my purse so..... hoping i take delivery tomorrow.

Not to sound like a sour apple but many of our S.A.'s must be incompetent. I have the same build (ordered 5/2) and there are people from April without cars. Good for you obviously but I dont get wtf is going on...this is stupid. Are the SA's playing favorites or have more to do with this or is it Tesla. F@*$ this system.
100% agree. It's outrageous. It feels to me like they are just truly overwhelmed and don't have a custom communications system down. I didn't post to be braggadocios, but rather give the idea to keep hounding your SA to look for cars in different locations. Anyway, now let's see if they put together the thing properly...

100% agree. It's outrageous. It feels to me like they are just truly overwhelmed and don't have a custom communications system down. I didn't post to be braggadocios, but rather give the idea to keep hounding your SA to look for cars in different locations. Anyway, now let's see if they put together the thing properly...
Congrats man! Sorry, but I just had to vent because you mentioned Costa Mesa and thats my delivery center. Im sure it'll be fine, enjoy the car. 🙂

Reactions: noah-ny-la
Got an unpleasant call from Tesla Burbank. I was scheduled for pickup of car at Burbank tomorrow but the SC said I had been prematurely matched to a VIN for vehicle that wasn’t for delivery/existed.

they are going to try to internally to match to an existing car but no promises. I leave for vacation Sunday morning for two weeks and this is beyond frustrating. Have a strong feeling I will have to hold my order until I get back and result in a sept delivery at the earliest :/

I get that Tesla vehicles are in their own ev world apart from competitors but this really doesn’t make it ok for this s***y level of customer service. How do they knowingly give out cars and schedule delivery for a car that never existed or was ready for delivery? That too telling the customer less than 24 hours before delivery