Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same movement again, Today+2 - August 21st. So sitting at 8/8-8/21. The very helpful SA I chatted with a week ago who told me “soft build date” of 8/10 responded to my follow up email saying “I am seeing a potential build date of the middle to end of this month.” Now I don’t know what to believe, but I prefer to believe the first thing he told me over this update because I liked that information more. Lol.
i'm betting we'll get our vins the same day lol

I'm a little baffled how some people have a 2-week EDD time frame, and others (like myself) have 3-week EDD time frames. Does the smaller EDD window mean that their delivery date is more accurate, and the longer ones are more like "guestimates" from Tesla?

For example, I see people with a 8/7 - 8/18 EDD on a similar Perf build as mine, and my EDD has been 8/8 - 8/28. Likewise on my LR order, my EDD has been steady from 9/2 - 9/22, but I see people with EDD's like 9/13 - 9/28.

I'm a little baffled how some people have a 2-week EDD time frame, and others (like myself) have 3-week EDD time frames. Does the smaller EDD window mean that their delivery date is more accurate, and the longer ones are more like "guestimates" from Tesla?

For example, I see people with a 8/7 - 8/18 EDD on a similar Perf build as mine, and my EDD has been 8/8 - 8/28. Likewise on my LR order, my EDD has been steady from 9/2 - 9/22, but I see people with EDD's like 9/13 - 9/28.
My EDD is 9/23-9/30. Earliest I seen was 9/16-9/30. Seen others with a order date who are tracking first week of September. It’s all relative. Football is starting so I’ll have a distractor!!!

Put an order in yesterday for a Performance Y on a whim after getting a trade-in quote for my 2019 Stealth Performance Model 3 that I just absolutely couldn't refuse ($55k!!!!).

EDD of 9/8-9/30. Excited to join you guys.
Heck yes . That's exactly why I traded mine in for a MYP as well. Tesla trade in offer was incredible.

I ordered last week EDD went from 9-8 - 9-30 to 8-29 - 9-18 this AM.

Really hope I get it by the end of month because my registration expires at the end of August :D

Reactions: SeaOtter
Anyone waiting from May and expecting a vin any day now I suggest you stay patient. I was one of you and the more I was on this forum and Reddit the more impatient I got. I bugged the hell out of my SA. All the nearby locations pretty much know me by now. Like I said before, every time you call or show up asking about Edd or whatever reason it’s noted in your account on their end. Treat them with respect and be polite, and they’ll accommodate you. I didn’t realize this until I went in one day right before they closed to speak with my SA but he was off that day, another SA helped me out asked for my RN# or phone number then once he pulled my account profile he asked if it’s regarding my EDD? Then I asked how he knew?

He was very cool but I don’t want him to get in trouble so I can’t say who and which location but he showed me all the comments and notes on my account from any Tesla employee I’ve encountered(who pulls up my account info). If it’s not your assigned SA then they must leave note and comment on the reason for your contact anytime your account is pulled. Your assigned SA gets notified after every contact.

An SA from a different location that I visited in the mall imputed Reason for visit: EDD and VIN
commented: “customer came in and I informed him that what he sees on his account is the same as exactly what shows on our end, he doubted me and insisted that I show his expected vin soft match date”

That’s the only one that I wish didn’t comment haha the guy was a prick, literally holding a laptop and didn’t want to lookup my account real quick. if you want more accurate Edd info it’s all on their end. I ended getting the vin and delivery date exactly as what showed on his end it changed like once but that’s it. My account showed dates that were completely off even after I got my vin.

so note to everyone, any Tesla employee whether it’s SA, service, phone rep, delivery rep….any position who ask “what’s your rn# or phone number associated with your account” it’s like an inquiry on your credit report.

not saying it’s a bad thing at all. But I wouldn’t contact them expressing my frustration.
RIP to that one guy in the Current Delivery Times thread who has been calling every Tesla location in their area asking for soft matches every other day or something.

Reactions: jpy1980
Ordered 5/23, had date move to october earlier this week, back to this: Estimated Delivery: August 08 - August 18

MYLR, white ext, black int, tow, etc...

seems so close yet so far
Hey you're at a 10-day window for EDD, hopefully that's a good sign!

My understanding is that the smaller the EDD becomes, the "closer" you are. Of course this is Tesla, so "closer" can mean anything. But a smaller EDD window is generally a good sign I believe.

You know how there are folks who ordered in April who still haven't received a VIN? Why do I have this nagging gut feeling that's what's going to happen to me? Hahahaha!
I ordered a white LR MY with black interior, no FSD or other extras on May 31st. with a trade-in. Had an original EDD of 7/24-8/11. After 30 days was told trade-in offer expired and resubmit. I sent in for a new trade-in offer and got bounced to September EDD. I now have EDD of 9/18-9/30 and still no VIN.

Reactions: Starway2001
My EDD has held steady for about a week. Its been stuck at 9/10-9/30. I’ve lost hope that it’s going to come earlier than the 70 day mark. 😒 It has left me wondering if I would have a diff EDD if I ordered white. 😩

Also feeling more convinced that I’m gonna get least priority for paying almost $5k less than what folks are paying now since my initial order was placed back in Feb. 😔