Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soft matches are unreliable.! My soft match date has changed at least a few times in the last 2-3 weeks. Who knows, it might change just as often as the Tesla app. On August 2nd, was told soft match was Aug. 14th. When Vin didn't arrive, SA told me August 22nd. Stopped by yesterday and now it is August 28th. ERRRRR!!!!! 😡🤬Beyond frustrated!!

Ordered a Black MY / 19” / Tow / No FSD on 5/22 in Santa Monica. Initial EDD of 4-12 weeks. Week 12 is this Sunday and my updated EDD keeps moving daily currently sitting at 8/22 - 9/17. I seem to have gotten the most forgetful SA on the payroll. Guy couldn’t answer simple questions regarding the credit check, forget getting a call back. Frankly, this entire experience has soured me on the Tesla brand. Considering cancelling my order and going with one of the more established brands with better customer service.

I ordered from Rocklin as well 5/9 almost the same specs just blue exterior...current showing 8/21- 9/8. I fully expect it to come 8/5 , as I will be in Vegas thru the 8th.😒
That would suck! Maybe you can ask for contactless delivery and have it dropped at your house while your gone. Already asked my family if they would impersonate me if needed, with a mask of course. 🤫

Ordered a White Exterior - Black Interior MY / 20” / No FSD on 5/22... EDD is currently August 21 - September 4. The dates just gradually keep on getting pushed out each day. No VIN so far. Gut feeling is that it'll just be a September quarter-end delivery at best or maybe just pushed to October.

I ordered from Rocklin as well 5/9 almost the same specs just blue exterior...current showing 8/21- 9/8. I fully expect it to come 8/5 , as I will be in Vegas thru the 8th.😒

From what I've seen with a lot of people, and it also happened to me earlier this week, that you'll pretty much get your VIN when you're about 10 days out from the latter part of your EDD. Meaning, you might see your VIN appear around 8/28 or 8/29 since your EDD goes as far as 9/8.

Once it does show up, things will start moving fast. Since you're in Rocklin, there's a good chance that your car will get delivered to your DC the next day (around 8/30 or 8/31), and then a couple of days after it might be available for delivery as there should be a good chance of receiving before you go to Vegas on 9/5. Just make sure you take care of everything right away on your Tesla account so there's no delay, and that includes finalizing your payment option in your account and then paying the down payment (if applicable) via ACH through the website, and then agreeing to the last of the documents that appear 24 hours before delivery.

For reference, my EDD was 8/19 - 8/30 when I received my VIN this past Wed on 8/18. My car was going to get loaded onto a semi and hauled down to SoCal, and it got delivered this morning to the Buena Park delivery center. I finalized my loan the same day I got my VIN, and today (8/19) I received a call from the delivery center to confirm a Saturday appointment. I then made my ACH payment on the website so I'm all squared away with that. I'll be able to review & agree to the final documents on my account tomorrow, and then wait for the driver on Saturday to give me a call when he's on the way. Point being, things can move fast once you get your VIN, and if you're in CA.

I ordered as well from Rocklin with the same specs as you 5/23. End of September EDD for me.
Also Rocklin order, May 25, MYLR, White, Black int, 19, tow - current EDD is aug 27 - sept 16. They gave me a soft match when my edd was aug 19 - sept 5 of aug 27, based on what others have posed, I am pretty sure soft edd is just the middle of what we see as edd - it keeps moving just as much.

Also Rocklin order, May 25, MYLR, White, Black int, 19, tow - current EDD is aug 27 - sept 16. They gave me a soft match when my edd was aug 19 - sept 5 of aug 27, based on what others have posed, I am pretty sure soft edd is just the middle of what we see as edd - it keeps moving just as much.
So, @Where’s my car @richn @blc1017 @Wirick27 and myself all Rocklin SC orders... all either April or May...

Let's see who gets it first - maybe at the same time or same week... lol