Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seriously have THE most uneventful EDD compared to seemingly everyone. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. While everyone has some form of movement, whether it be forwards or backwards, I have had the same EDD for what seems like 3 weeks straight. Sept 11- Sept 30. 😑
I had 3 weeks' worth of stable EDD about two months or so ago... it was like 08/06 - 08/26 or something like that. Then it got unstable like everyone else and has been pushed by +1d, +1w, +2w, "October", back to September range, back to August range, back to September range, back to "October" for a day, then back to a September range, then to an Aug - Sept range, and now it's teetering +1 and -1 day shifts... currently at 09/04 - 09/24.

Your time of fluctuations will come like the rest of us. 🤣

I have picked up Y LR yesterday at Buena Park, CA location. The panel gaps are much better than my 2019 Model 3 LR.
The production date is Aug 2021, and it has a Hepa filter and the biodefence mode!!!
Order date 5/20/2021. White, LR, Hitch, 18”, and no FSD.
43817CE2-ABD7-4842-8499-9BF0302D3B34.jpeg
A1A47698-23D2-4EE9-B2D7-CED47C9DA790.jpeg
AE33D128-8E3A-419F-91C5-FDCDC2252FBA.jpeg

I have picked up Y LR yesterday at Buena Park, CA location. The panel gaps are much better than my 2019 Model 3 LR.
The production date is Aug 2021, and it has a Hepa filter and the biodefence mode!!!
Order date 5/20/2021. White, LR, Hitch, 18”, and no FSD.
View attachment 698668View attachment 698669View attachment 698670

Congrats, and nice to see another fellow Walnut resident picking up a new Model Y.

Hopefully I'll get mine soon, as I got a text this morning saying they'll deliver it to my house this weekend. I'm surprised you picked yours up at the Buena Park DC instead of having it delivered, but I wouldn't mind doing the same over the weekend. You're now like the 4th person I've seen in Walnut who got a new (and white color) Model Y in 2021 👍

Has anyone recently released a hold on a Model Y? I have an order on hold placed 4/25 and just curious what EDD dates people are seeing if they recently released a hold. Thanks.
I released my hold 7/12. EDD has bounced around, but stabilized at 10/2-10/22 for the last 6 days. The order date doesn’t not determine your EDD. The day you release the hold, or completely your profile is when your order starts. If you released it today, you’d likely get it the same time as someone who places an order today (November/December/January).

Reactions: not4antoher
I released my hold 7/12. EDD has bounced around, but stabilized at 10/2-10/22 for the last 6 days. The order date doesn’t not determine your EDD. The day you release the hold, or completely your profile is when your order starts. If you released it today, you’d likely get it the same time as someone who places an order today (November/December/January).
I understand I would likely be placed at the end. Just wanted to see anybody else's recent experience. Your wait of 3 months seems about right if not a little ahead of average but you are in CA like me so that gives you a little bump in line.

I understand I would likely be placed at the end. Just wanted to see anybody else's recent experience. Your wait of 3 months seems about right if not a little ahead of average but you are in CA like me so that gives you a little bump in line.
Yes, that’s true-3 months or so.
I originally wanted the car in decemore (b’day and law graduation present). But when I heard in early July that the orders were getting sold out, I called my SA and he told me if I release the order, I’d get it end of sept early October-which i was fine with. I’m glad I did, and didnt wait, bc it seems like orders are totally sold out! Also, at the time I released it, Teslas website said an EDD would be 4-8 weeks….
A few SA’s told me we in CA typically get the cars last. So I’m hopeful I”ll get mine at the end of this quarter.

When do you plan on releasing your order?

Has anyone recently released a hold on a Model Y? I have an order on hold placed 4/25 and just curious what EDD dates people are seeing if they recently released a hold. Thanks.

As soon as you release the hold, and if your order is finalized with everything all done on your end, then you're placed back into the waiting queue..... at the end of the waiting queue at that current time.

So if you release your hold today and have everything completed on your order profile, then your EDD will most likely be in January, with the chance of possibly getting a December allocation if one becomes available (never know as by that time Austin could be pumping out Model Y cars, and that would then alleviate some of the delays happening in Freemont).

Maybe... It also matters if your order profile is fully completed. I know @sgalla04 had an order on hold and released about the same time I did. His profile was already completed and he had a car two weeks later. I didn't have a completed profile and I'm here on day 76 waiting for an update. So It may make a difference. It may not. But it may. Call your SA to confirm. /s

I ordered in Feb and released the hold in June. I did NOT have my profile complete until I released the hold (June 15.) Didn't know it made a difference at the time since I hadn't joined this forum. When I released the hold, I reached out to my SA. All he said was "there may be a chance we can get your Y to you sooner." I've been sitting at an EDD of Sept consistently. I wish I would've known that a complete profile prior to placing my order on hold could've possibly put me at an advantage. I'll take it as a win either way if I receive my Y soon. In Feb, when I secured my order, the base price was at $48,990. I compared the order details to my sister's who ordered her Y in July. Aside from the $1k cost for the black paint, I am essentially saving about $5K.

Reactions: mrfeb14 and OCJeff
I ordered in Feb and released the hold in June. I did NOT have my profile complete until I released the hold (June 15.) Didn't know it made a difference at the time since I hadn't joined this forum. When I released the hold, I reached out to my SA. All he said was "there may be a chance we can get your Y to you sooner." I've been sitting at an EDD of Sept consistently. I wish I would've known that a complete profile prior to placing my order on hold could've possibly put me at an advantage. I'll take it as a win either way if I receive my Y soon. In Feb, when I secured my order, the base price was at $48,990. I compared the order details to my sister's who ordered her Y in July. Aside from the $1k cost for the black paint, I am essentially saving about $5K.

Pretty much the same with my LR order.

Ordered in Feb and was supposed to take delivery of it in March, until Tesla sold it to somebody else. Then I was bumped to possibly a June delivery but then a hold was placed and then removed, which made my "order finalized" date move to mid-June, which meant my current EDD of 9/9 - 9/29 is the best they can do at this time. Your SA will tell you "maybe you can get it sooner" but they really don't know or have any control over that. Your best bet is to watch these threads and gauge the EDD's and delivery dates that people are receiving, especially those with an order finalized date on or around 6/15 like yours, as that'll give you a more accurate idea of where your order is actually at. For my order and from what I've been seeing, I'm fairly confident it'll probably be available for delivery around the 9/20 - 9/25 date.

I also ordered mine at the 48,990 price, but I'm now deciding on what to do with this since I'm taking delivery of my other Model Y on Saturday.

Reactions: mcp105