Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you actually think that the white interior orders are pushed further out over black interior?

Yes. In looking at flyover video of Fremont, there are fewer white-interiors than black-interiors. And the EDD's #days of white-interiors appear to be farther out than black-interiors. The Model S is reported to have known white-interior delivery delays (also mentioned several pages ago in this thread).

Granted, the Fremont flyover's might just be that fewer people order white-interiors. But checking the various EDD's #days shows there seems to be a bias in favor of black-interiors for faster deliveries.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Yes. In looking at flyover video of Fremont, there are fewer white-interiors than black-interiors. And the EDD's #days of white-interiors appear to be farther out than black-interiors. The Model S is reported to have known white-interior delivery delays (also mentioned several pages ago in this thread).

Granted, the Fremont flyover's might just be that fewer people order white-interiors. But checking the various EDD's #days shows there seems to be a bias in favor of black-interiors for faster deliveries.

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
Ughhhh

I like seeing these VINs come in, but at the same time (as experience tells me) not everyone will be so fortunate to get one "today".

Just stay positive, and also realistic that a good number of folks have waited 100+ days and are still waiting for the VIN experience. So those that get theirs early - please just appreciate that and enjoy it humbly.

Scott

--

Oh wow thats pretty awesome. I ordered mine with black seats so hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later

After seeing the June and older OD VIN's showing 263+ and folks who ordered later getting VIN's in the 270 range it seems the older OD cars were built already waiting on parts/chips. The July and higher appears to be waiting on cars to be built.

What say you to the opinion?

Just received this text. Man, seeing only part of it can make your heart jump! Anyway, if I reply AUGUST, will I get it sooner? 😜

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.52.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 2.52.08 PM.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 60
Hey Guys,

Just got the below text. Is this even valid or a scam? Anyone got anything like this?

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......"

OD 6/17 |MYLR7|Red/Black|19"|No FSD/Tow

Reactions: LSJR and nnOC
Hey Guys,

Just got the below text. Is this even valid or a scam? Anyone got anything like this?

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in September. Please reply SEPTEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month...... Please reply DELAY if you want to delay......"

OD 6/17 |MYLR7|Red/Black|19"|No FSD/Tow
I just got this text too!

Reactions: Redman113 and LSJR
That text makes me lose hope of getting a VIN in the next couple of days (Current EDD 9/16-9/30). Seems like they've got a lot to get through if they're trying to weed out people who aren't ready. Or they're like an airline that oversold seats and are trying to confirm people are actually ready!

I’ve received that same text back in June for the June EOQ delivery then in August for an EOQ September. It doesn’t mean anything but that you’re letting them know you’re ready to take delivery. It doesn’t mean it’s a guarantee or that they have a date planned for you, just that they’re PLANNING to build and if you happen to be matched they’ll deliver it.

don’t expect anything other than just a text.

Reactions: onyxbest
I’ve received that same text back in June for the June EOQ delivery then in August for an EOQ September. It doesn’t mean anything but that you’re letting them know you’re ready to take delivery. It doesn’t mean it’s a guarantee or that they have a date planned for you, just that they’re PLANNING to build and if you happen to be matched they’ll deliver it.

don’t expect anything other than just a text.
Thanks. I was really happy for a moment :). But am now used to the wait....