Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you about 20 miles or less from one of the Tesla service centers? I don't have a pickup location on my order registration details and I am also under 20 miles radius from one of the Tesla service centers. Wondering if I will also get home delivery?
I have two service centers within 20 miles. I was given the option of home delivery or service center delivery when I placed my order.

I am already in my 2-week window. June 21 to July 5. I hate checking my app every 5 minutes, checking Tesla.com every 15 minutes and checking to see if I can find VIN# in source code. Please make this over already, I can't take it anymore.
Got into my 2 day window yesterday, June 20 to July 4. Got pushed to July 20 to August 24 today. Beyond mad and speechless. Would have bought a Mercedes or BMW right away if they don't have the chip shortage which prevented them from offering driver's assistance features.

Got into my 2 day window yesterday, June 20 to July 4. Got pushed to July 20 to August 24 today. Beyond mad and speechless. Would have bought a Mercedes or BMW right away if they don't have the chip shortage which prevented them from offering driver's assistance features.
From what I've seen on this forum is that there are some that got their VIN# a day (or more) before entering their 2-week window. For the people that already entered the 2-week window, but yet to have a VIN# then there is a good chance it is going to get pushed! I am so F-ing screwed. I'm in my 2-week window already and nothing.
I am definitely with you on that BMW thing, I would take an i4 M50 in a heartbeat if they didn't make me wait 1 year for it due to the shortages.

VIN F494 assigned yesterday around 3:30 pm pacific. Located in Los Angeles.

MYP - MSM/WHT/NO/NO
OD 4/15/22 (profile completed same day)
EDD1(4/15): June 18-July 30 - 6 weeks
EDD2(4/18): June 19-July 24 - 5 weeks
EDD3(5/6): July 8-August 19 - 6 weeks
EDD4(5/19): July 1-August 5 - 5 weeks
EDD5(5/25): June 16-July 14 - 4 weeks
EDD6(6/10): June 22-July 6 - 2 weeks
VIN ASN’D (6/21): F494
EDD7(6/21): June 26-July 3 - 1 week

Don’t give up hope, just keep checking your app 700x per minute like I did. It’ll probably show up eventually! Lol

I just received my VIN# text!!!
Just to save you guys some time, and I don't know if this is the case for all. I check my app every 5 F-ing minutes for VIN# and also the website every 15-minutes for hidden VIN# in source code. I never saw anything on the app. or the website. It was just a complete waste of time. If I knew, I would just wait for the text.
FYI, my app. still has not updated with VIN# after receiving the text, however the website now shows my VIN# !!!
Last EDD: 6/25 - 7/3

Last edited:
I'm going to be downvoted for saying this but a brand new order for MYP last month should not take delivery over a MYLR waiting since October 2021...
I don't know what was the estimate delivery shown on the website at the time of October 2021 for the LR trim. But when I was placing my order in April 2022, I was provided the *estimated* delivery date of LR version to be at least 8 months out. The P trim was showing June - July. So I made the decision to go with the P when it said it was only 2 to 3 months out. So I guess when you order, they already told you it was going to be awhile for the LR version, and it was your choice to make at the time if you wanted to wait that long or not. I did not want to wait 8+ months so I made my original pick of the P.

Reactions: Klaus Heisler
I ordered an MYLR in November, and had a delivery estimation of April-May. Had I known it was going to be delayed this long, primarily because an MYP is taking my potential VIN, my decision to purchase an MYLR would have changed.

Unfortunately Tesla doesn't want to let people know that this is happening, so you're stuck with a lot of MYLR buyer's getting passed.

Just to save you guys some time, and I don't know if this is the case for all. I check my app every 5 F-ing minutes for VIN# and also the website every 15-minutes for hidden VIN# in source code. I never saw anything on the app. or the website. It was just a complete waste of time. If I knew, I would just wait for the text.
FYI, my app. still has not updated with VIN# after receiving the text, however the website now shows my VIN# !!!
Who was the text from? I got a VIN but no text.

I ordered a MYP and a MYLR on March 19, 2022.
EDD for the MYP was originally May 22-July 3, 2022. EDD for the MYLR was originally October.
EDD for the MYP changed in May to June 3-July 1, 2022. EDD for the MYLR remained the same in May.
On May 28, 2022, I received a text asking if I had a trade in.
On June 4, 2022, the EDD for the MYP changed to June 17-July 1, 2022.
On June 6, 2022, the EDD for the MYLR changed to December 2022-March 2023.
On June 8, 2022, the EDD for my MYLR changed to November 14-January 9, 2023.
On June 9, 2022, I received a text asking me to confirm Registration Information was correct. No VIN assigned yet.
On June 10, 2022, EDD for my MYP changed to June23-July 7, 2022.
On June 20, 2022, I received a text indicating my MLP has been issued a VIN. Delivery date updated to June 23-June 27, 2022.
**On June 21, 2022, I received a phone call to schedule my pick up date. Pick up date scheduled for June 24, 2022.

I will update as I receive more information.