Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When is your delivery scheduled? Wondering how long between your VIN & delivery. I'm in San Diego, I think we're on a somewhat similar trajectory, you ordered a couple weeks before me.
We received our VIN on Thursday 7/28, and was able to schedule delivery the next day. Received a text stating as much on Friday 7/29, but the only delivery date that was available was 8/13 for home delivery, didn't even have the option for Delivery Center pickup. I called Tesla to see if it was possible to pick another date, and they said not at that time, but the vehicle is slated to arrive on 8/7, so I'm gonna call then to see if it can be bumped up.

Reactions: Socalfarmhouse
Just picked up today no main exterior or panel gap issues, but found some major interior issues.
1. deep scratches at the rear side of front seats (both driver and passenger)
2. paint smuge on dash board that is not removable
3. pedal cover not properly installed and warped...

Will need to service in for these...
I donno if its just my car but the chemical smell is fairly intense inside the car...
This is not acceptable!

Save all your documents with date/mileage information - if possible in paper, or screenshot in jpg. Lemon law is pretty powerful to protect consumers.

This is not acceptable!

Save all your documents with date/mileage information - if possible in paper, or screenshot in jpg. Lemon law is pretty powerful to protect consumers.
i already took the buch of photos and ticketed for the service the next day receiving the car. It was done before 24hr so hopefully they can resolve all the issues I mentioned.
I have not documented them but just uploaded and described my issues through app but would be worth to document them separately in case something comes...

Yes, if they tried 3+ times and could not fix.
To be considered under the CA Lemon Law, the defect is not repaired after a reasonable number of attempts and must substantially impair the vehicle’s use, value or safety.
Reasonable number of attempts in CA is 4, unless it is something that can cause immediate injury or death. Then it’s 2 attempts.
Substantially impair the vehicle’s use, value or safety. Deep scratches on the back of seats, a paint smudge and misaligned pedal covers would not constitute things that substantially impact the vehicle.
Lemon laws are there to protect you from non-repairable major issues, not cosmetic BS that can easily be fixed or cosmetic issues that don’t impact the vehicle.
Imagine if everyone who thought their panels were too wide tried lemon lawing their cars. Good luck on that one.

Order Date: 5/13

Delivery Location: Los Angeles, CA

MYP - 5 seater - Black exterior - Black interior (changed to white interior on 7/30) - 21" Überturbine - No tow - FSD

EDD 1: July 28-Sep 1

EDD 2 (updated on July 17): July 27-Aug 10

EDD 3 (updated on July 24): July 29-Aug 10
EDD 4 (updated on July 30th): August 25 - September 29.

Woke up on July 30th, 1 day into my 13 day window, to an updated delivery date of August 25 - September 29. 😕

That inspired me to change my MYP to white interior instead of black.

EDD is still August 25 - September 29 as of today, 08/01/22.

Order Date: 5/13

Delivery Location: Los Angeles, CA

MYP - 5 seater - Black exterior - Black interior (changed to white interior on 7/30) - 21" Überturbine - No tow - FSD

EDD 1: July 28-Sep 1

EDD 2 (updated on July 17): July 27-Aug 10

EDD 3 (updated on July 24): July 29-Aug 10
EDD 4 (updated on July 30th): August 25 - September 29.

Woke up on July 30th, 1 day into my 13 day window, to an updated delivery date of August 25 - September 29. 😕

That inspired me to change my MYP to white interior instead of black.

EDD is still August 25 - September 29 as of today, 08/01/22.
I ordered May 7th and my current EDD is 8/3-8/14, so hopefully both of ours come in the next week or two...

Haha, read up on Lemon Laws. I have never heard of someone lemon lawing a car for a scratch, paint smudge and pedal cover not properly installed.
yup, Im not even considering the lemon law as its not mechanical issues rather than cosmetic and their qc issues.
I filed and made service appointment through app on the following day of delivery and just hope they generously fix the cosmetic damages...
Already driven over 100 miles and love the driving experience except the delivery experience 😂

Reactions: EasyPal and Kairide
Has anyone heard of the CA HOV decal program ending in 2025? Does this mean any decals issued now would expire in September, 2025? Previously, you'd get the remainder of the year you file + 3 years. We're taking delivery of our Model Y next week and were planning on waiting until January 2023 to file for the decals so we'd get remainder of 2023 + 3 years, but if the program is ending in 2025, should we just apply as soon as we receive the registration?

Has anyone heard of the CA HOV decal program ending in 2025? Does this mean any decals issued now would expire in September, 2025? Previously, you'd get the remainder of the year you file + 3 years. We're taking delivery of our Model Y next week and were planning on waiting until January 2023 to file for the decals so we'd get remainder of 2023 + 3 years, but if the program is ending in 2025, should we just apply as soon as we receive the registration?
Yes, it is ending and as of now I have not seen or heard of another program for after that. I would apply now, as it will be the same as applying next year.

Well, mine ended up getting delivered today.

MYP white/white with FSD.

Came with Michelin All Seasons bless.

OD: 07/16/2022
EDD1: 10/2022-11/2022
EDD2: 08/08/2022-08/19/2022
EDD2: 08/01/2022-08/05/2022
DD: 08/02/2022

No major paint defects that I can tell, but there is some rattling/squeaking going over bumps that definitely needs to be looked at. Because of course Tesla.

Well, mine ended up getting delivered today.

MYP white/white with FSD.

Came with Michelin All Seasons bless.

OD: 07/16/2022
EDD1: 10/2022-11/2022
EDD2: 08/08/2022-08/19/2022
EDD2: 08/01/2022-08/05/2022
DD: 08/02/2022

No major paint defects that I can tell, but there is some rattling/squeaking going over bumps that definitely needs to be looked at. Because of course Tesla.
Congratulations! I have to ask though, how did you get a car in under a month? Wondering if you have any insight. Was it sheer luck? Maybe the FSD option? Or did you buy your SA a coffee or two? 😄