Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD is also the first of November 21. I actually had a 2 week window starting last week. They even called me to make sure I had everything I needed. I foolishly completed the loan app before the VIN. Then the second day in the window they pushed it to a 5 week window starting early September. Hoping this indicates they might pull it back.

My last update in here, picked up our red MYP yesterday and all looks well!

OD: 4/15 (originally MYLR7, MSM/Black, no tow, no FSD

EDD1: October-January

EDD2: December 7-February 1

Added FSD (no change to EDD)

7/21: switched to red MYP

7/24 EDD3: August 1-August 13

7/28: VIN received

7/29: Home Delivery scheduled for 8/13 (even though the car was scheduled to arrive at my local DC on 8/5) and FSD removed

8/9: was able to call and convince them to let me come pick it up early

Gonna enjoy spending the next few days learning all the ins and outs. Best of luck to anyone still waiting, and if you’ve got any questions, let me know.

My last update in here, picked up our red MYP yesterday and all looks well!

OD: 4/15 (originally MYLR7, MSM/Black, no tow, no FSD

EDD1: October-January

EDD2: December 7-February 1

Added FSD (no change to EDD)

7/21: switched to red MYP

7/24 EDD3: August 1-August 13

7/28: VIN received

7/29: Home Delivery scheduled for 8/13 (even though the car was scheduled to arrive at my local DC on 8/5) and FSD removed

8/9: was able to call and convince them to let me come pick it up early

Gonna enjoy spending the next few days learning all the ins and outs. Best of luck to anyone still waiting, and if you’ve got any questions, let me know.

MYP... EDD has been showing 8/20-9/17 for the last few weeks. Ready for it to come in as I sold my car last week ahead of taking delivery.

Anyways how can the FSD removed if I decide to add it in hopes of getting a delivery date? It can be removed at any point up to delivery? Does this really make a difference?

Thanks for the tips! Will be our first Tesla!

MYP... EDD has been showing 8/20-9/17 for the last few weeks. Ready for it to come in as I sold my car last week ahead of taking delivery.

Anyways how can the FSD removed if I decide to add it in hopes of getting a delivery date? It can be removed at any point up to delivery? Does this really make a difference?

Thanks for the tips! Will be our first Tesla!
I haven’t really seen it make any difference on MYP configs since those are being prioritized over LR anyways. But if you do add it, it’s easy enough to remove later on

The California Clean Fuel Reward amount will be temporarily reduced to $0 as of September 1, 2022.

Is the $750 still there for August deliveries?

Mine used to show it but it no longer does in the order details. Also, my deliver is 08/15-08/29. My SA said it will only show up once you take delivery and it has to be before 09/01/22.

Reactions: EasyPal
If anyone has a delivery date sometime out from when vin is assigned, I encourage you to call and find out when they expect the car to be delivered to the center. My vin was assigned 8/5, and after some calls, i was advised they anticipate the car to reach the center on 8/11, when it will have to go through their own inspection and detail process. all the while my home delivery was scheduled for 8/18. I just called an hour ago to inquire if in fact my car was actually there, and if there is anything earlier than 8/18 for home delivery. I was told the car is getting detailed this afternoon, and they can do a home delivery tomorrow morning!!!

If anyone has a delivery date sometime out from when vin is assigned, I encourage you to call and find out when they expect the car to be delivered to the center. My vin was assigned 8/5, and after some calls, i was advised they anticipate the car to reach the center on 8/11, when it will have to go through their own inspection and detail process. all the while my home delivery was scheduled for 8/18. I just called an hour ago to inquire if in fact my car was actually there, and if there is anything earlier than 8/18 for home delivery. I was told the car is getting detailed this afternoon, and they can do a home delivery tomorrow morning!!!
Well that is very interesting. I got a VIN on 8/4, and the only option they gave was home delivery (in socal) on 8/19. I never got a text saying it has left the factory. I texted on 8/12 asking if they can see where it is, and got a very generic response saying it’s at a loading center.

Maybe I’ll try calling. Do you just call the same number the texts come from?

Well that is very interesting. I got a VIN on 8/4, and the only option they gave was home delivery (in socal) on 8/19. I never got a text saying it has left the factory. I texted on 8/12 asking if they can see where it is, and got a very generic response saying it’s at a loading center.

Maybe I’ll try calling. Do you just call the same number the texts come from?
I called the irvine location directly. The day i got a vin, it updated to a delivery window of 8/13-8/17, and then when i got the text to schedule my delivery, 8/18 was the only date they gave me. If you call they can also switch you to pickup if you want

Reactions: mightaswell
I called the irvine location directly. The day i got a vin, it updated to a delivery window of 8/13-8/17, and then when i got the text to schedule my delivery, 8/18 was the only date they gave me. If you call they can also switch you to pickup if you want
You were right. I called, they were super nice, said it’s supposed to arrive tomorrow night, and I scheduled pickup at the service center for 10am on Thurs. thanks!

Let us know how your delivery goes tomorrow. What is your VIN?

Last edited:
You were right. I called, they were super nice, said it’s supposed to arrive tomorrow night, and I scheduled pickup at the service center for 10am on Thurs. thanks!

Let us know how your delivery goes tomorrow. What is your VIN?
Welp, got a call from the SC, said the car arrived early, and I can pick it up tomorrow. Here’s to hoping things go smoothly and the car isn’t a total pile! 🤣

So how did your delivery go?
They arrived around 10:45am. I only did a quick inspection myself as I had to go tend to other matters, but overall it seems in pretty good shape and quality. Before leaving, the guy mentioned that he believes mine came with a charge (even though I ordered after the cut-off), and also the "new" black license plate frames, as they are trying to get rid of the chrome ones they have been getting. shortly after he left, i checked the trunk out, and i did receive a charger cable, but had the "old" chrome license plate frame. I will be doing a more thorough inspection shortly.