Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally, Tesla home delivered the car this afternoon.

Overall finish quality is very good, with some minor paint and alignment issues.

The delivery guy from Tesla was extremely NOT helpfully. He did not know how to use the App to report issues. He told me there is no Mobile Connector in my car, asked me to request one by myself but could not tell me know to request :(. Five minutes after he arrived, there was a Uber waiting there for him.

When I sat in the car first time, the screen did not respond at all... after 30 minutes of googling... I had to reboot the screen. The experience could be better.

I like the car. But the delivery experience is near terrible.

I should have insisted on picking up from Fremont in stead of accepting the Home Delivery option. A lot of items could have been resolved right there.

Cheers.

PS: Any tip to request a Mobile Connector and how to report issues would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Hiline
Same experience with the Home Delivery; the 2 people contracted by Tesla did their best, but did not know much. They sat in the car for a long time -I was assuming they were filling online 'documents', but they were actually waiting there for the Uber. I should also have taken delivery in Fremont!
I went today to Tesla in Fremont to address the issues with my MYLR:
[1] MY do NOT come with a Mobile Connector (unless you take delivery in Texas), even for order taken as early as September 2021 like mine; this is surprising, as the order screen (in September 2021) clearly said 'Mobile Connector' included part of the MC. I finally got a 'voucher' for $200 that covers part of the MC cost ($200+$21taxes in Alameda County) with delivery in 1 week. Suggestion: order the MC (or the wall at $400) as soon as you get your VIN.
[2] The car was delivered 8/23 at 1PM, but was not really 'sold' until today 8/23 at 1PM when I 'updated' the Tesla APP in the Fremont Office.
[3] The main issue is that the trim across the car above the steering wheel (where the sun shades are fixed) is loose, with a gap of about 3 inches (70mm) between the trim and the roof. Tesla Fremont told me to file a 'service request' to get it fixed at home.
[4] the other issues are body panel mis-alignment, etc. [4a] hood is sunk by 4mm [4b] hatch door hatch top has a large gap of 12mmx6mmx1mm in the FrontBack-TopBottom-LeftRight axis [4c] paint chip on the rear door & scratches on the wheel [4d] other minor mis-alignments.
I could only file 1 service request for all these problems, and schedule an 'at home' repair next week.
It would have been quite simple to get all these repairs done at the Fremont facility, if only I had taken delivery there !

Attachments

• MYLR-FallingTrim.JPG
    MYLR-FallingTrim.JPG
    369.3 KB · Views: 112
Tesla decided they could not do the repair at home. I have an appointment in Fremont next Friday; hope they can fix the issues. As I cannot recharge the MY (no Mobile Connector MC even though the car was ordered 9/17/21) I will have to run on the existing juice ! The MC will come in a week, and it seems to include both NEMA 5-15 AND 14-50 as shown in the description. But with Tesla, who knows ? I will know for sure when I get the MC and report back on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: EasyPal
Same experience with the Home Delivery; the 2 people contracted by Tesla did their best, but did not know much. They sat in the car for a long time -I was assuming they were filling online 'documents', but they were actually waiting there for the Uber. I should also have taken delivery in Fremont!
I went today to Tesla in Fremont to address the issues with my MYLR:
[1] MY do NOT come with a Mobile Connector (unless you take delivery in Texas), even for order taken as early as September 2021 like mine; this is surprising, as the order screen (in September 2021) clearly said 'Mobile Connector' included part of the MC. I finally got a 'voucher' for $200 that covers part of the MC cost ($200+$21taxes in Alameda County) with delivery in 1 week. Suggestion: order the MC (or the wall at $400) as soon as you get your VIN.
[2] The car was delivered 8/23 at 1PM, but was not really 'sold' until today 8/23 at 1PM when I 'updated' the Tesla APP in the Fremont Office.
[3] The main issue is that the trim across the car above the steering wheel (where the sun shades are fixed) is loose, with a gap of about 3 inches (70mm) between the trim and the roof. Tesla Fremont told me to file a 'service request' to get it fixed at home.
[4] the other issues are body panel mis-alignment, etc. [4a] hood is sunk by 4mm [4b] hatch door hatch top has a large gap of 12mmx6mmx1mm in the FrontBack-TopBottom-LeftRight axis [4c] paint chip on the rear door & scratches on the wheel [4d] other minor mis-alignments.
I could only file 1 service request for all these problems, and schedule an 'at home' repair next week.
It would have been quite simple to get all these repairs done at the Fremont facility, if only I had taken delivery there !
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Tesla SA texted me that I will be provided with a voucher to purchase a Mobile Connector.

Luckily I have an old Siemens EV Charger in the garage. If I were relying on the Mobile Connector to charge at home, life would have been very inconvenient.

I will carefully "inspect" the car tomorrow and combine all of them to file one service request.

Reactions: Hiline
Good luck for your delivery.
I guess I had an 'end-of-the-shift' car that was put together in a sloppy way (as compared to the show room model) and seems to have skipped final inspection :-(
Tesla decided they could not do the repair at home. I have an appointment in Fremont this Friday 8/26; hope they can fix the issues.
The Mobile Connector MC (I ordered with the $200 voucher) will hopefully come within a week, and it seems to include both NEMA 5-15 AND 14-50 per the description. But with Tesla, who knows ? I will only know for sure when I get the MC and report back on this site.
In the meantime, I also have an old EV charger that I can use in an emergency.

We took delivery on Wednesday. We picked up at the Carlsbad SC. The car is beautiful and very fun to drive! It was completely worth the wait. Michelins, old b&w door panels, no mobile charger, no coupon, no cargo cover, no ppf, no mud flaps. There were smudges on the white seats, I mentioned it and someone came and cleaned it off, it was minor. I felt like I was trying to find something wrong. No panel gaps. We noticed the passenger side door doesn't close consistently so I'm going to the SC tomorrow to have them look at it. Other than that it's awesome! Side note, the mobile charger we ordered at the beginning of May arrived in the mail today.

I’m picking up this Saturday. You can check my sig and get a sense of what’s ahead of you. I think mine is pretty standard.
I noticed this is your order info:

Blue/White/No Tow/No FSD OD 5/28
EDD1(5/28): 8/8-9/19, EDD2(6/16): 6/23-7/7, EDD3(6/22): 8/2-9/6, Trade In Text(7/28), EDD4(7/29): 8/20-9/17, EDD5(8/4): 8/9-8/23, EDD6(8/10): 8/16-8/30, FSD ADDED(8/10), EDD7(8/17): 8/23-9/6
EDD8(8/20): 8/25-9/6

Do you remember when you got your VIN?

Got pushed again this morning but this time it was only a 1 week push instead of the monthly delays previously.
Also got pushed this morning - I was in my second 2-week (again) and now pushed back 2 weeks and new windows is 4 weeks again (Sep 12-Oct 10). Not Happy. Called them and they said they are doing their best and everyone is delivered sequentially, and many October 2021 are still also waiting... MYLR MSM/Black/Gemiin/Tow/No FSD

Also got pushed this morning - I was in my second 2-week (again) and now pushed back 2 weeks and new windows is 4 weeks again (Sep 12-Oct 10). Not Happy. Called them and they said they are doing their best and everyone is delivered sequentially, and many October 2021 are still also waiting... MYLR MSM/Black/Gemiin/Tow/No FSD

Same specs as me. I ordered 11/6. I was in a 2 week window end of July and actually got a call from Tesla telling me to finalize my financing. I did and then got pushed a month to a 6 week window then a 4 week window and then finally the 2 week window starting last 8/27. Now its start 9/3. WIll be fun to see what they do to my rates since it will go outside the 30 day rate lock.