Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California VINs: are you still waiting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s funny, I’ve been pretty good the last 4+ weeks since my 2/14 Blk/EAP/Aero in Southern Cali order and I know my VIN is likely coming any second (likely, right?...LIKELY!! RIGHT!!!???) but I think I’m officially beginning to lose my mind lol.

It’s all relative though cause i know there are people who ordered the week before me who are just now getting Vins, so I think I’ll be ok. I was hoping to get my car before I go out of town on Tuesday; but now I’ll just have to look forward to getting it when I get back. I’ll just have to try to resist looking on tesla.com while I’m on vacation (haha, yeah right). Hope I can soon be on the otherside with my vehicle in my garage telling other people to “be patient”—I envy them, especially the ones who got their Vin rather quickly...but soon this will be a distant funny memory, like anxiously waiting for the 3 announcement, waiting for the reservation day, monitoring Elon’s twitter for 3 updates, and waiting for the invite to configure. Soon enough!!

Looks like I can dry my tears....
Blk/Aeros/Southern Cali 2/14 order
VIN 67** showed up at 5am—-(I’d just checked at 4am haha)
Hope everyone else’s comes soon too!!

Just to let you know, you should decide asap. I upgraded and my ISA had to pull a few strings to make sure it didn’t affect my place in the production queue. Otherwise, they have to give you a new VIN.
I would argue getting EAP should boost time to get the car. For Tesla that is really a free $5k check. I have a tough time believing that they don't prioritize that. Same with FSD

I don't have the knowledge that others have though on this.. It just would make sense to me.

I would argue getting EAP should boost time to get the car. For Tesla that is really a free $5k check. I have a tough time believing that they don't prioritize that. Same with FSD

I don't have the knowledge that others have though on this.. It just would make sense to me.

Nope. My car has EAP and took more than 5 weeks to get my VIN. Still no delivery date and I’m 15 minutes from Fremont. Six weeks tomorrow since configuring. I will be officially outside the delivery window that was shown in my account.

@stevebpage506 - How did you find out you have a DS? Have you been in contact with them directly? What, if anything, can they tell you pre-VIN?
They really can't do anything for you pre-vin.

Once you have the VIN, they can help with paperwork and administrative stuff (account set-up, delivery schedule, loan paperwork, etc..) Even though you have a VIN, they can't schedule anything until it gets off the production line. They are very helpful if you need to make changes but beyond that they just help shepherd you through the process which really starts at VIN assignment. So pre-VIN, any contact is just superfluous and just bogs down the process. I am trying to limit my contact with the DS and letting them work the process.

My DS is working pretty hard (email updates late at night, early calls in the morning, etc..) so anything I can do to minimize the work just helps the process along. Good luck to your delivery

Last edited:
Reactions: EinSV