Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a feeling we will have little to no notice that we need to come pick up our cars. Hot off the factory floor.
Anyone in the Bay Area getting VINs or delivery dates scheduled yet?
I texted them today via the # they send updates (way better than the chat online) they said still expect my delivery by 9/27 which will then be the 10th day of “3-10” days last week. East Bay, picked Dublin as delivery location which they confirmed is still correct.

Oh, and when I called my SA last Friday he said he saw 9/23 as the day it leaves the factory/shipped to Dublin so I’m waiting for that to ring true! This must be the “soft date” people mention? All a guessing game. This car better be good lol

Not trying to stir the pot but wanted to put out info in case it was helpful. @SD419 had mentioned that this thread was for Q3 deliveries and now that I have a better understanding (or thought I did) of how Tesla distributes their cars, I was ready to settle in for a wait. Even my page says 7-11 weeks!

But I got an MVPA generated tonight with a VIN of 56xxx. It lists a customer acceptance of 9/14/2020 and Odometer of 15.

Not trying to stir the pot but wanted to put out info in case it was helpful. @SD419 had mentioned that this thread was for Q3 deliveries and now that I have a better understanding (or thought I did) of how Tesla distributes their cars, I was ready to settle in for a wait. Even my page says 7-11 weeks!

But I got an MVPA generated tonight with a VIN of 56xxx. It lists a customer acceptance of 9/14/2020 and Odometer of 15.

I can’t.....

I should just change my delivery location to Marina Del Rey and I’ll get my car tomorrow.

Reactions: mr.BeBoT

So I’m guessing you just refreshed your browser on your account and the info was there all of a sudden?...can’t imagine haha

Reactions: mr.BeBoT
Lol, I actually have had an AWD Ford Transit on order for 14 months now so I've learned to only refresh in the morning and evening for sanity purposes. The only reason we're getting a MY is because of the delays and if I truly do get it this quarter, I'm chalking it up to Karma from the crap I've had to put up with dealing with FoMoCo.

So I’m guessing you just refreshed your browser on your account and the info was there all of a sudden?...can’t imagine haha

I choose Costa Mesa delivery which looks to be turning in to Irvine parking garage pickup. Nevertheless, I've seen threads of disappearing MVPAs and cars being given away...I'm also fully prepared for the reality that I may have to reject delivery.

I can’t.....

I should just change my delivery location to Marina Del Rey and I’ll get my car tomorrow.

Reactions: cjhinusa
Picked up my PUP Model Y Solid Black with White interior. Here’s the break down

Ordered: 7/12
7/14: Finished Profile with Tesla Financing
8/11: Text Message: Estimated Delivery 4-7 Weeks
9/17: Call from SA that a Fresh Vin rolled out of Fremont
9/19: Text Message: Your Model Y is on its way to the Delivery Center, Please Schedule Delivery. Delivery for 9/21
9/19: Paid Remaining Balance
9/20: Call from Finance Department at Tesla to go over any questions I may have before taking Delivery
9/21: Picked up Model Y.

A Perfect Car. No issues whatsoever, like literally. No Panel Gaps, No scratches, No misalignments, nothing !!! The Perfect car does exist. Will share pics shortly.

I have a feeling we will have little to no notice that we need to come pick up our cars. Hot off the factory floor.
Probably accurate. I ordered back in February and delayed in June due to all the issues with the Y and then Covid.

After I delayed I got a call the morning of June 29th that my car was ready and they'd be dropping it off at my house in a few hours. I hadn't given them my driver's license information, insurance info, paid for the car or even filled out how I'd be paying. Plus, you know, I asked to delay until August.

So, yes. It's likely we'll get very short notice when they're ready.

Reactions: TBigSur
Picked up my PUP Model Y Solid Black with White interior. Here’s the break down

Ordered: 7/12
7/14: Finished Profile with Tesla Financing
8/11: Text Message: Estimated Delivery 4-7 Weeks
9/17: Call from SA that a Fresh Vin rolled out of Fremont
9/19: Text Message: Your Model Y is on its way to the Delivery Center, Please Schedule Delivery. Delivery for 9/21
9/19: Paid Remaining Balance
9/20: Call from Finance Department at Tesla to go over any questions I may have before taking Delivery
9/21: Picked up Model Y.

A Perfect Car. No issues whatsoever, like literally. No Panel Gaps, No scratches, No misalignments, nothing !!! The Perfect car does exist. Will share pics shortly.

It's nice to hear a good result. Congrats. Just curious as to what your VIN is? I'm picking mine up thursday and curious if we have the same VIN range.