Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, 3-8 days. Bay Area also. SA told me today I would have the car by the 30th. Sounds like it will be ON the 30th.

What a frustrating buying experience. It’s like waiting on the tarmac to take off and the pilot makes no announcements.

Ordered 8/8
LR/White/Black int/19”/no FSD

Guys I am trying to time my delivery on Oct 22 which is my 20th wedding anniversary...and a blue Y is what I want to order for my wife. Currently we have the 2019 M3. Any guesses on when should I place the order? I live in northern Los Angeles area... Burbank was my delivery for 2019 M3 last year and they dropped it at my house.

Lol, I actually have had an AWD Ford Transit on order for 14 months now so I've learned to only refresh in the morning and evening for sanity purposes. The only reason we're getting a MY is because of the delays and if I truly do get it this quarter, I'm chalking it up to Karma from the crap I've had to put up with dealing with FoMoCo.

I choose Costa Mesa delivery which looks to be turning in to Irvine parking garage pickup. Nevertheless, I've seen threads of disappearing MVPAs and cars being given away...I'm also fully prepared for the reality that I may have to reject delivery.

I just picked MY from Irvine today. Build quality has improved dramatically since the launch. I only had 1 minor fit and finish issue on my driver side passenger door. It had a slight panel gap but everything else was good.

Guys I am trying to time my delivery on Oct 22 which is my 20th wedding anniversary...and a blue Y is what I want to order for my wife. Currently we have the 2019 M3. Any guesses on when should I place the order? I live in northern Los Angeles area... Burbank was my delivery for 2019 M3 last year and they dropped it at my house.
I ordered on 8/26 and I’m hoping to get mine by the middle of October FYI. Congrats on 20.

I as told by my SA that deliveries on the west coast only happen on the last month of the quarter, so taking delivery in October if you live in LA won’t happen. You will likely have to take delivery in December. Though there have been reports of people on the east coast taking delivery this month, so maybe this isn’t true anymore?

If you look at the delivery spreadsheet and other threads here, you will see that, historically, there was a trickle of California deliveries in the first two months of a quarter, but the majority came at the end. Assuming this continues, I think it will be very difficult to time for an October delivery. With that said, I think there is a good chance that Tesla will end up with more "available" stock after September ends--meaning they probably won't show up online as "existing inventory," but if you go to a showroom, they can pull up the cars that are in the area. This would certainly be a crapshoot in terms of trim, VIN range, and build quality, but it's better than nothing.

Reactions: mr.BeBoT

I agree with what the pros here are saying, most west coast deliveries occur at end of quarter.... BUT... when i went for my test drive in early August, people were coming in to pick up there cars at the Burbank SC. Like others have said, they do trickle in, just not in huge numbers like they are now.

Personally i waited till after the supposed cut off date for September. Nope, in less than a week I got the Text about 3-8 days for delivery.

Good luck!!!

Received the 4-8 day delivery text last night. Unexpected because I ordered 9/14. Original estimate was 6-10 weeks. They must be pushing all cars to CA reservations for the end of the quarter. No VIN. I wonder if mine was a battery day auidence car, or was born on battery day?Pickup will be in Carlsbad.

LRAWD MSM/Black Gemini

Received the 4-8 day delivery text last night. Unexpected because I ordered 9/14. Original estimate was 6-10 weeks. They must be pushing all cars to CA reservations for the end of the quarter. No VIN. I wonder if mine was a battery day auidence car, or was born on battery day?Pickup will be in Carlsbad.

LRAWD MSM/Black Gemini

Believe me... i was wondering too if mine was being honked to death by someone at the Battery day event also! ;)

LRAWD MSM/Black Gemini
as far as i know the "audience" cars did not have the temp register sticker on the window. being from california, if it was your VIN, it would be pre-registered to you with your temp registration in the car.

There is a chance, these were super fresh off the line (minutes, unlikely), not given this "temp" sticker (unlikely) driven to this parking lot, unlocked, etc etc etc.........more than likely fleet type vehicles for employees/problems/test cars/etc etc....

• Disagree
Reactions: garu and alexcue