Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a Call today and email to sign for Home Drop-off. They said they were moving all the Freemont pickups that are local to home drop offs (Just yesterday Santana Row said that they were not). If you have permit or underground parking they will override it and park it at the Freemont plant. I have until midnight to pick it up today.

Got a Call today and email to sign for Home Drop-off. They said they were moving all the Freemont pickups that are local to home drop offs (Just yesterday Santana Row said that they were not). If you have permit or underground parking they will override it and park it at the Freemont plant. I have until midnight to pick it up today.

That’s odd because i called Santana row yesterday at 6:20p and they confirmed it was likely home drop off. I’d prefer the pick up at Fremont plant at anytime rather than scheduling home drop off, especially if it’s same day notice and pick up I’m assuming in your case?

That’s odd because i called Santana row yesterday at 6:20p and they confirmed it was likely home drop off. I’d prefer the pick up at Fremont plant at anytime rather than scheduling home drop off, especially if it’s same day notice and pick up I’m assuming in your case?
Drop off was for tomorrow. After calling them they rescheduled for today for Fremont pickup.

Well, I was likely to have delivery next week (3-8 days from Tuesday of this week), but I will be deferring until December because I just found out that the CA Clean Vehicle Assistance Program (CVAP) has now approved Tesla as a dealer. This will save me $5,000 and my SA told me that she is 90% sure that December MYs will be 2021 model year. That will give me an extra year on the HOV sticker as well. I guess all those accessories will have to sit in their boxes for 3 more months. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Well, I was likely to have delivery next week (3-8 days from Tuesday of this week), but I will be deferring until December because I just found out that the CA Clean Vehicle Assistance Program (CVAP) has now approved Tesla as a dealer. This will save me $5,000 and my SA told me that she is 90% sure that December MYs will be 2021 model year. That will give me an extra year on the HOV sticker as well. I guess all those accessories will have to sit in their boxes for 3 more months. Oh well, it will be worth it in the end.

I am assuming your income qualifies you for the CVAP?

also I don't think there is a concept of years on Tesla vehicles. Like I have a 2019 Model which I bought new in March 2019. Its pretty much has the same configurations as the one sold in 2018. Remember its a big computer on wheels so software version running it matters.

Well, I reached out to my 'Customer Experience Manager' to see if he could dig up more info for me, and he said we're still waiting for the vehicle to finish production in Fremont, and he 'cannot guarantee it'll be here before the end of the month', yet I was told 'Absolutely should be a September delivery, likely the last week of the month'. UGH