Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me. My EDD1 was May - June 2023 and as of this morning it is Jul 12 - Aug 23. I ordered May 14.

My order is MYLR in grey/19”/black int/no tow/no AP.
UPDATE:

EDD2: June 29-30

No VIN assigned and from what I can tell no hidden VIN either.

I remain cautiously optimistic. I am
in Vancouver and my EDD was updated within 48 hours of the Viking ship arriving. Not sure if my order was part of the shipment.

Reactions: LeFrankeh
UPDATE:

EDD2: June 29-30

No VIN assigned and from what I can tell no hidden VIN either.

I remain cautiously optimistic. I am
in Vancouver and my EDD was updated within 48 hours of the Viking ship arriving. Not sure if my order was part of the shipment.
Good for you! I have exact same configuration as yours and orders on May 6, but EDD still says July 10 - Aug 14 😅

If you ordered in June (497km, black interior only) it is almost certain it comes from Shangai (and then no HW4)
The sales person in Vancovuer said that if I ordered right away it would be 531km range (even though it was after the change online). She said that the 497 change was going to come after q3. She also likes to call instead of email so I had no paper trail of this. Just her word.

Any word on if Shanghai is using lfp for lr versions? Why is it lower mileage?

Reactions: LeFrankeh
The sales person in Vancovuer said that if I ordered right away it would be 531km range (even though it was after the change online). She said that the 497 change was going to come after q3. She also likes to call instead of email so I had no paper trail of this. Just her word.

Any word on if Shanghai is using lfp for lr versions? Why is it lower mileage?
To me they said that the 497km was because of the range being revised after tests but that it was the same battery, honestly it looks like sales person can say what they want...

The reason for the lower range is (if I understand well) that Shangai use different battery packs (LG ones) with slightly worse density, but no LFP as it does not provide the density or the performance required by the long range.
Of course I can’t say for sure, but it makes sense to me.

MYSR /WHITE / BLACK / 19 / NO TOW /5 SEAT
OOD 05/01
EDD1 May
EDD2 May-July
EDD3-Jun8-June 20
EDD4-Jun 16th
VIN-Jun 5
Fredericton
Pick up in Halifax

My son ordered a SR M3 on the same day, his EDD went similar to mine, but recently changed to July-Sept, so I feel fortunate that my car is coming when it is.

MYSR /WHITE / BLACK / 19 / NO TOW /5 SEAT
OOD 05/01
EDD1 May
EDD2 May-July
EDD3-Jun8-June 20
EDD4-Jun 16th
VIN-Jun 5
Fredericton
Pick up in Halifax

My son ordered a SR M3 on the same day, his EDD went similar to mine, but recently changed to July-Sept, so I feel fortunate that my car is coming when it is.
Great! Is the car (based on the VIN) produced in China or in the US?

I just took a quick look on Waiting for Tesla and (finally) there are two MYPs on there - both in Calgary and it looks like they were produced May 27 and ETA to the dealership is June 17. Just thought that might be helpful for anyone a) looking for inventory or b) wondering when the heck their MYP is coming! It is the first shipment of MYPs from Shanghai I believe...

I just took a quick look on Waiting for Tesla and (finally) there are two MYPs on there - both in Calgary and it looks like they were produced May 27 and ETA to the dealership is June 17. Just thought that might be helpful for anyone a) looking for inventory or b) wondering when the heck their MYP is coming! It is the first shipment of MYPs from Shanghai I believe...
Good find.

Yes they are LRWY VINs so on the boat from China.

Has anyone seen a MYLR from China yet?

I also just receive the email
Unfortunately, the vehicle configuration is no longer available. Your order is being canceled and your order fee will automatically be refunded. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

If you do not wish to cancel this order, you may update your vehicle design, subject to available features and pricing. This includes our latest Model Y Long Range with a new battery offering 497 km (est.) of range.

To move forward, please sign in to your Tesla Account and update your configuration by selecting “Manage” and then “Update Design” by June 23, 2023.