Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Officially joined the MY waiting room. Previously had a '22 Model 3 LR but sold that last week. Thankful to have done so given the re-release of the LR again at a lower price + rebate eligibility.

MYLR/White/Black/20"
OD: 2023-05-08
EDD1: May-June
EDD2: May 12-May 26
Vancouver, BC

Most recent EDD was July 10 - August 14. Got the final payment email suddenly yesterday along with the Tesla Vision disclaimer. Waiting schedule delivery now. VIN assigned and looks to be a Fremont build.

Yours is a LR though. I think most people on here talking about the 2nd shipment are talking about the MY RWD coming from China on the second boat.

My friend in Victoria who ordered MYLR in late Feb had a July-Aug EDD similar to yours and then all of a sudden got VIN and got his car 2 weeks ago. So don't put too much faith in that EDD. You will probably get it sooner than that.
Yeah, looks like all Model Y trims coming to Canada will be Shanghai produced with LFP batteries going forward. Also explains why they discontinued 7 seaters.

Reactions: Arctic_White
Hello all,

MYLR/MSM/White/19"
OD: 2023-05-16
Calgary, AB

Nothing has changed since OD... I’m now really concerned about getting a Shangai model with lower range and black interior (if that’s the case I would prefer to cancel my order, even if I lose the almost 4k$ I already paid for accessories and wall connector installation).
Do we know if Tesla will honor the orders placed in May ?

Update 3:

MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 5
ODD: May - July
EDD1: June 15- June 22
EDD2: July 22-September 2
EDD3: July 4-July 18 (updated June 4)
VIN: received June 4

App updated with the “Tesla made changes that affect your order” thing. Accepted Tesla Vision and the EDD updated and VIN assigned (found in the sales contract).

Haven’t seen a MYP land in this area for ages - fingers crossed the EDD doesn’t change again!

Hello all,

MYLR/MSM/White/19"
OD: 2023-05-16
Calgary, AB

Nothing has changed since OD... I’m now really concerned about getting a Shangai model with lower range and black interior (if that’s the case I would prefer to cancel my order, even if I lose the almost 4k$ I already paid for accessories and wall connector installation).
Do we know if Tesla will honor the orders placed in May ?
$4K on accessories and charger installation ?!
I chose MSM too and felt that is delaying our orders. It seems like there is more black or white units than MSM/blue/red

Since you chose white I doubt they would just force a different configuration on you…

$4K on accessories and charger installation ?!
I chose MSM too and felt that is delaying our orders. It seems like there is more black or white units than MSM/blue/red

Since you chose white I doubt they would just force a different configuration on you…
Had to pay 2500$ for installation as an Energy manager is required + the wall connector + the mobile connector + the mats + trays + deposit, but yeah it is really the need for the energy manager that hurts :D

Yeah that’s my guess too, maybe if I chosed black interior to could swap to a Shangai model but with the White interior they probably have no other choice than send an US model...

Reactions: LeFrankeh
Update 3:

MYP
Black
5 Seat Black Interior
OD: May 5
ODD: May - July
EDD1: June 15- June 22
EDD2: July 22-September 2
EDD3: July 4-July 18 (updated June 4)
VIN: received June 4

App updated with the “Tesla made changes that affect your order” thing. Accepted Tesla Vision and the EDD updated and VIN assigned (found in the sales contract).

Haven’t seen a MYP land in this area for ages - fingers crossed the EDD doesn’t change again!

Just curious, is your car made in Shanghai plant? I ordered MYP on 4/26 and I still havent gotten any update... :(

Most recent EDD was July 10 - August 14. Got the final payment email suddenly yesterday along with the Tesla Vision disclaimer. Waiting schedule delivery now. VIN assigned and looks to be a Fremont build.

Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Wanted to wait till next weekend to take delivery (was only told 2 days ago my car was here and was out of town) but was told my VIN would get unmatched. Shuffled some things around to make it work as I didn't want to lose the this build.

Now it's matter of whether it has HW4..

Reactions: LeFrankeh