Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a MYLR in inventory last month in Vancouver and it allowed me to select the Laval delivery centre just outside Montreal but they called me 48h later and cancelled it.

They no longer ship it and didn't even allow me to use a 3rd party carrier on my own dime. the SA Manager at Montreal location said they dont ship it anymore, not sure if BS or not

• Informative
Reactions: ev_mtl
I found a MYLR in inventory last month in Vancouver and it allowed me to select the Laval delivery centre just outside Montreal but they called me 48h later and cancelled it.

They no longer ship it and didn't even allow me to use a 3rd party carrier on my own dime. the SA Manager at Montreal location said they dont ship it anymore, not sure if BS or not
This is after doing the full credit pull (on top of the one I already had ordered in June)

Hey Everyone,

I figured I would start the Canada waiting room as it may be a longer wait than expected with this firmware issue. I know that in Vaughan they have their lot full of Model Y LR's only not a single performance model. I ordered a MYP Red on Apr 5th and have ETA of June 12th to June 30th. Hopefully it comes sooner than later.
I placed my order from them in May for YLR red- picked it up 2 days ago. Hope you all have yours now. Long wait, for sure

Oh well... It all looked way too easy.. For now they did not cancel but it's been less than 24h. I also had a suspicion they might not ship and even re-checked the Order Agreement. It states:

"Order Process; Cancellaon; Changes. AIer you submit your completed order, we will, if you are purchasing a Custom Ordered Vehicle, begin the process of producing your vehicle or matching your order to a vehicle, as applicable, and begin preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. If you are purchasing a Vehicle from our inventory that is not custom ordered by you, we will, after you submit your completed order, begin the process of preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Deposit has been earned."

and then:

"Delivery. If you are picking up your Vehicle in a province where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle, we will notify you of when we expect your Vehicle to be ready for delivery at your local Tesla Delivery Center, or other location as we may agree to. You agree to schedule and take delivery of your Vehicle within three (3) days of this date. If you are unable to take delivery within the specified period, your Vehicle may be made available for sale to other customers. For new vehicles, if you do not take delivery within thirty (30) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your Order Deposit.
If you wish to pick up your Vehicle in a province where we are not licensed to sell the Vehicle, or if you and Tesla otherwise agree, Tesla will, on your behalf, coordinate the shipment of your Vehicle to you from a location where we are licensed to sell the Vehicle. In such a case, you agree that this is a shipment contract under which Tesla will coordinate the shipping of the Vehicle to you via a third-party common carrier and you will be required to contract directly and separately with said carrier. You agree that delivery of the Vehicle, including the transfer of title and risk of loss to you, will occur at the time your Vehicle is loaded onto the common carrier’s transport (i.e., FOB shipping point). The carrier will insure your Vehicle while in transit and you will be the beneficiary of any claims for damage to the Vehicle or losses occurring while the Vehicle is in the possession of a common carrier. If you are purchasing a used car, you will be required to take delivery of your Vehicle in the province in which it is located at the time of sale.
The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle, if provided, is only an estimate as we do not guarantee when your Vehicle will actually be delivered. Your actual delivery date is dependent on many factors, including your Vehicle’s configuration and manufacturing availability. To secure your final payment and performance under the terms of this Agreement, we will retain a security interest in the Vehicle and all proceeds therefrom until your obligations have been fulfilled.
"

There is not a word about the fact they do not ship or something unless it is a used car (I underlined that part) or unless they are not licensed to sell the car in your province (but even in that case shipment can be arranged). The car is 4 km odometer, so it cannot be considered as used, so if they cancel, it would be a breach of their own contract from their part. Also EoQ might change the game. We'll see how it goes in the next hours/days.

Edit: fixed typos.

Last edited:
Closely monitoring Tesla inventory across Canada, I found almost my configuration in Vancouver (except exterior color, but MSM was my second choice anyway). Nothing prevented me to put an order on it even being in QC and choosing delivery location next to me. Now I have an EDD of 19-23 September and VIN in source code. We'll see how they figure out shipping this far in that timeframe, but for now everything looks good.
What are the configurations?

A wholesaler making an offer on my Model 3 let me know that at auction FSD only adds a baseline of $1500 Canadian to any Tesla. Whether that is true or just a rouse to offer me less I cannot be certain but interesting just the same. Makes you think what the $10600 + tax may really be worth a few years later

A wholesaler making an offer on my Model 3 let me know that at auction FSD only adds a baseline of $1500 Canadian to any Tesla. Whether that is true or just a rouse to offer me less I cannot be certain but interesting just the same. Makes you think what the $10600 + tax may really be worth a few years later
I got FSD when it was 6K USD on my Model 3 back in 2019 and if I'm honest, it probably wasn't worth it then. If they could ever reach even level 4 in the next few years with the current HW I think that's when people will see the true value in FSD. At this point, it sits as deferred revenue on Tesla's balance sheet until someone trades in their car and strips off the FSD for the next buyer or they finally deliver it.

OD: Sept 1 2021 - LR White exterior, black interior, 20' rim upgrade

But I still don't have an estimated delivery range, not even the month. When I ordered the purchase page said January 2022 but since new orders now say Feb 2022 I was a bit concerned. So, I emailed the rep and he said IT looked at it but that I wouldn't get a delivery estimate listed until October.

Has anyone else ordered Sept 1 or later but have a delivery estimate?

OD: Sept 1 2021 - LR White exterior, black interior, 20' rim upgrade

But I still don't have an estimated delivery range, not even the month. When I ordered the purchase page said January 2022 but since new orders now say Feb 2022 I was a bit concerned. So, I emailed the rep and he said IT looked at it but that I wouldn't get a delivery estimate listed until October.

Has anyone else ordered Sept 1 or later but have a delivery estimate?
Same story for me. Ordered MYLR on September, 2 and never had any EDD. It is normal for September MYLR orders. Unless one is really lucky.

I just hope we aren't pushed to the Feb 2022 order now
Well, it all depends on many factors including specific configuration and geography. It's very well possible that your car comes on the same truck in January (or even earlier) with the car of somebody who were ordering when estimated date was showing already February and vice versa. And it also possible they match your configuration to an existing inventory and you'll get called for delivery in two weeks - @HE_Pennypacker in this thread is in this situation I think. Factor in Austin factory ramp-up and the infamous global chip/parts shortage and you'll get a really obscure picture.

Well, it all depends on many factors including specific configuration and geography. It's very well possible that your car comes on the same truck in January (or even earlier) with the car of somebody who were ordering when estimated date was showing already February and vice versa. And it also possible they match your configuration to an existing inventory and you'll get called for delivery in two weeks - @HE_Pennypacker in this thread is in this situation I think. Factor in Austin factory ramp-up and the infamous global chip/parts shortage and you'll get a really obscure picture.
Sounds good, thanks for the info. New to this board so learning lots about the instability of delivery dates already lol

Reactions: ev_mtl

Had you received a text message inviting you to schedule delivery date/time before they called and cancelled? I received this message this morning (EST) and it was only in French, so clearly coming from somebody in QC (my profile is in English) and not some automated stuff. So I could schedule actual delivery for September, 28th. If they call and cancel at this point it would be really weird customer experience.

Did my weekly Friday check on if my delivery date has changed. Now gone back to February !

DateDelivery Date
SundayAugust 22, 2021Dec 10 - 30th (order Placed)
MondayAugust 30, 2021Nov 22 - Dec 12th
ThursdaySeptember 2, 2021Dec 14 - Jan 3
SundaySeptember 5, 2021Dec 14 - Jan 3
FridaySeptember 17, 2021February

So yesterday was the first time my EDD dipped below 30 days and after checking multiple times throughout the day there was no change. Actually my EDD has remained unchanged with a range of October 16 - Nov 25 for the past 2 weeks. Not expecting much to happen on the weekend, I checked anyways and it actually moved up and is now Oct 5 - Oct 25! I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but things are starting to feel real!

OD - July 1
Profile completion Jul 7
MYLR7
White/White
20" Wheels
Tow
No FSD

The inventory car I ordered in Surrey Delivery Center will not be shipped to me as I am not a resident of British Columbia. Tesla does not ship inventory car between provinces and they were so courteous about it that they did not communicate that to me until I went myself to my delivery center to confirm that my order is ok three days later after I placed it.
So MYLR, MSM, white interior, 7 seats, no tow, no FSD might appear in the inventory in Surrey, BC in the nearest future (maybe in matter of hours or even now). For the information of those interested :)