Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Ordered my Model Y and hopefully it is on the way
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • White Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Order placed: June 14
EDD has been moved up and down a few times. Now it's been stable for a few days.
Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 08
Correcting the order date made a typo.

Order date July 14 not June.

Checked today August 12

Estimated Delivery: August 26 - September 08

Moved 1 day. Gotta wait 1 more day 🙄

I have some new information to share which confirms the “next few weeks” timing. I spoke to the manager at my SC and long story short, she was able to share that they have my car leaving Fremont August 16th. It gets shipped to Oregon, then BC, then Edmonton so +7 days, then +3 days to repair chips/issues with the car, then home free which coincides with my August 26 date.

All this said, there’s nothing stopping Fremont from changing the date they ship the car to Edmonton but it was the most information the SC was able to share with me.

Between this and some of the photos shared in this forum in Toronto, looks like Canada is getting some love lol.
I hope our cars are travelling together, I’m expecting mine around the same time.

I have some new information to share which confirms the “next few weeks” timing. I spoke to the manager at my SC and long story short, she was able to share that they have my car leaving Fremont August 16th. It gets shipped to Oregon, then BC, then Edmonton so +7 days, then +3 days to repair chips/issues with the car, then home free which coincides with my August 26 date.

All this said, there’s nothing stopping Fremont from changing the date they ship the car to Edmonton but it was the most information the SC was able to share with me.

Between this and some of the photos shared in this forum in Toronto, looks like Canada is getting some love lol.
I sure hope so thanks for the info, being from Edmonton as well I would hope that both our cars arrive at the same time. Then again a few weeks ago my SA (probably the same one) said they were looking at having mine here in the 2nd week of August which seems unlikely at this point.

If you don’t mind me asking do you know the reasoning to why the delay with your order? I know Edmonton received a shipment of vehicles near the end of July, and I’m Surprised yours was not with that shipment if not earlier?

My Model Y order Saga:
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • No FSD
  • No Hitch
Order placed: May 24 (EDD 4-12 Weeks)
Pickup location: Toronto Lawrence
Original Estimated Delivery: June 21 - Aug 16
June ??: July 27 - Aug 16
June ??: Aug 4 - Aug 24
June ??: July 26 - Aug 15
July 27: July 25 - Aug 14
July 4: July 27 - Aug 16
July 8: July 25 - Aug 14
July 10: Aug 5 - Aug 25
July 12: July 27 - Aug 16
July 15: Aug 10 - Aug 30
July 16: July 30 - Aug 16
July 17: July 31 - Aug 17
July 18: Aug 2 - Aug 22
July 20: Aug 3 - Aug 13
July 21: Aug 4 - Aug 16
July 22: Aug 5 - Aug 18
July 23: Aug 6 - Aug 25
July 24: Aug 7 - Aug 25
July 25: Aug 8 - Aug 25
July 26: Aug 9 - Aug 25
July 27: Aug 10 - Aug 25
July 28: Aug 11 - Aug 25
July 29: Aug 12 - Aug 25
July 30: Aug 13 - Aug 25
July 31: Aug 14 - Aug 25
Aug 1: Blue Delivery Button - VIN Assigned - 239xxx - Aug 11 - Aug 17
Aug 3: Phone call from Tesla to choose Home Delivery or SC Pickup (Aug 17 or Aug 18). I chose SC Pickup Aug 17

TO COME:

Aug 17: Pickup Lawrence Ave, Toronto
Got a call today (still not from my SA) to say
My MY has arrived early. Pick up appt now moved from Aug 17 to Aug 14 (Sat)
Yippee
I already had Insurance lined up (I'll have to call to move forward), and got my finances in order Tuesday!
I'm ready (just no floor mats yet, and PPF appt still 18th!)

If you don’t mind me asking do you know the reasoning to why the delay with your order? I know Edmonton received a shipment of vehicles near the end of July, and I’m Surprised yours was not with that shipment if not earlier?
Don’t mind at all. The answer is no one knows. I am one of 5 MY orders in March that didn’t get fulfilled in July. We had dates assigned for the car to be shipped to Edmonton early July, but for some reason, it was taken away. What I do know is that mostly blue, red, and white cars were fulfilled. I ordered an MSM and the lot of us were either MSM or Black.

Don’t mind at all. The answer is no one knows. I am one of 5 MY orders in March that didn’t get fulfilled in July. We had dates assigned for the car to be shipped to Edmonton early July, but for some reason, it was taken away. What I do know is that mostly blue, red, and white cars were fulfilled. I ordered an MSM and the lot of us were either MSM or Black.
Interesting, I picked up my Y yesterday. There were a couple white Ys there awaiting pickup, plus one red, one MSM and one more that I can't recall the colour of. Strange that mine came in and yours hasn't, even though your order date was much earlier than mine. I know that Tesla used to build cars in colour batches and I assume they still do, but their whole production and delivery process doesn't seem to have a lot of logic behind it for outsiders to make sense of.

Hope you get yours soon. Mine was in perfect shape, a slight gap difference on the hatch and a couple of window trims that don't line up perfectly with each other but nothing you'd notice from further away than a couple of feet, and nothing that I care about. The panel for the emergency release in the frunk was disconnected but a 5-second adjustment by one of the staff popped it back into place.

Since my pickup date got moved up today to Saturday the 14th, I drove up to the "showroom" on Lawrence, in Toronto, to ask a couple of questions (the service center is actually on Railside, just around the corner). I've bought my own License plate mount, and wanted to ask that they not "tape" the front holder to the bumper if possible They said they'll note that on the pickup order.

I looked over 4 MY's that were sitting outside the "showroom" in various states of Prep. They did not have front licence plate mounts yet.!
Interesting to note that none of them had "PPF on rear doors, or Mudflaps". I'm going to assume that those get added as part of the prep process.
One white one still had white plastic wrap on the rear bumper, and white tape along all the black window surround trim, seats covered in plastic, and door handles covered in white tape.

I just thought I'd note the build sticker in 3 of the windows:
VIN: 2412xx - Black - Mfg date: July/29/21
VIN: 2342xx - Red - Mfg date: July/30/21
VIN: 2453xx - White - Mfg date: Aug/01/21

Someone said that VIN is not assigned by date of MFG and the above proves that.
But, saying that, I think that means my Red 2394xx will show it was manufactured after the Red above, so July 30 or Aug1? (I got my announced VIN Aug1 !)

Interesting, I picked up my Y yesterday. There were a couple white Ys there awaiting pickup, plus one red, one MSM and one more that I can't recall the colour of. Strange that mine came in and yours hasn't, even though your order date was much earlier than mine. I know that Tesla used to build cars in colour batches and I assume they still do, but their whole production and delivery process doesn't seem to have a lot of logic behind it for outsiders to make sense of.

Hope you get yours soon. Mine was in perfect shape, a slight gap difference on the hatch and a couple of window trims that don't line up perfectly with each other but nothing you'd notice from further away than a couple of feet, and nothing that I care about. The panel for the emergency release in the frunk was disconnected but a 5-second adjustment by one of the staff popped it back into place.
Wow thats crazy how fast you got yours, and honestly makes me a little angry. I have the same config, unless you went with 19” Wheels, and ordered almost 2 months ahead. Happy for you though, congrats on the delivery.

Wow thats crazy how fast you got yours, and honestly makes me a little angry. I have the same config, unless you went with 19” Wheels, and ordered almost 2 months ahead. Happy for you though, congrats on the delivery.
Yeah, I don't blame you - I'd be choked too. I do have 19" wheels, maybe that's the reason? I traded in my S and had all my paperwork done the day I ordered, maybe that helped smooth the process. Financing through Tesla (Scotia) as well.

Congrats to you! I'm also a little peeved hearing that, I just assumed that everyone anywhere near Edmonton was still waiting for them to decide to send a shipment here...

I actually got the OEM ones…funny I have all these accessories collecting dust in the basement
I got Maxpider 3D from Costco. Best price and good quality.

I initially was going to lease the Y so bought cheap mats on Amazon... now decided to finance so I'm looking for the frunk and trunk mats now.
Was considering both Tesla and Maxpider from Costco for the floor mats but I find the groves too shallow and it'll just be a pool of water in the winter. I had weathertechs in a prior car and wasn't a fan due to that fact.

I initially was going to lease the Y so bought cheap mats on Amazon... now decided to finance so I'm looking for the frunk and trunk mats now.
Was considering both Tesla and Maxpider from Costco for the floor mats but I find the groves too shallow and it'll just be a pool of water in the winter. I had weathertechs in a prior car and wasn't a fan due to that fact.
My wife got a frunk tray off Aliexpress…it got here before the Tesla lol

The Model 3 SR+ new order deliveries going into January 2022 is a great favor to me. If it keeps up by November I should be able to get top dollar for my 2019. Currently asking prices on the used market for 2019 SR+ are low $45,000 as high as $58,000 with FSD.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ