Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text from Tesla Oakville informing me my car will arrive next week and asking if I will be willing to take delivery first week of February.

I was scheduled to pick up originally Dec 27, but had to delay due to the holidays. EDD was Feb 23-Mar 23 after I delayed delivery, and has been Feb 2-9 all of this week.

Reactions: bob00
I had a very long conversation with a super nice SA who has been with Tesla for over 6 years..here is what he told me…

Giga Austin- it will take at least 6 months to ramp up production – maybe Mr Musk surprises us on Jan 26 but he feels in all likelihood it will be Q3 before we can see numbers close to Fremont….

AMD- all cars being made after Jan 15th will have the AMD processor. Impact to range is not known at this time…

Heated Wipers- Tesla has made changes to the wipers and will activate the changes at a later date but all Model Ys do come with heated wipers that have not been enabled….personally I will not have my hopes up for this....

Reactions: KateEdm
I had a very long conversation with a super nice SA who has been with Tesla for over 6 years..here is what he told me…

Giga Austin- it will take at least 6 months to ramp up production – maybe Mr Musk surprises us on Jan 26 but he feels in all likelihood it will be Q3 before we can see numbers close to Fremont….

AMD- all cars being made after Jan 15th will have the AMD processor. Impact to range is not known at this time…

Heated Wipers- Tesla has made changes to the wipers and will activate the changes at a later date but all Model Ys do come with heated wipers that have not been enabled….personally I will not have my hopes up for this....
Interesting points, thanks.

Right now my biggest concern is the heat pump situation. I am doubtful a software update will fix it and am contemplating putting my order on hold or cancelling outright. We gets weeks of -15C or worse (-40 a few weeks ago) and that's not an issue I want to be dealing with.

I do wish for the heated wipers too. For our climate, this is a MUST.

Doesn't make sense seeing people using service mode for wipers during cold days. For a 90K$ CAD car...this must be fixed.

My Y "would" fit in our garage but very tight. It's gonna sit outside all winter long.

Reactions: TezlaTO
VIN day for me!!!
NF367XX so hoping its the new one
I just left the Oakville Tesla dealership. Got confirmation car is arriving on Feb 9 (app doesn’t show that) and it has the AMD chip based on production date.

Fingers crossed!
You are correct, when i called tesla to set up delivery.. they said the cars coming on Feb 9th and thats my earliest pick up day

Last edited: