Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN few hours ago
VIN 378xxx
Contacted my SA and changed payment method to financing. Was approved within 2 minutes of applying.
BMO 72 month 3.2%
Question- has anyone else's insurance company asked for the following

1. Current pictures of each Vehicle
  • 4 clear pictures of clean vehicle showing both sides, front and rear
  • 2 pictures of the vehicle identification number from 2 different locations on the vehicle (17 characters that usually appear on your vehicle dashboard and inside door)
  • 1 picture of the odometer showing the actual mileage
if so how did you handle it?
I am in Toronto and my insurance will be with " The Personal Insurance Company"

Question- has anyone else's insurance company asked for the following

1. Current pictures of each Vehicle
  • 4 clear pictures of clean vehicle showing both sides, front and rear
  • 2 pictures of the vehicle identification number from 2 different locations on the vehicle (17 characters that usually appear on your vehicle dashboard and inside door)
  • 1 picture of the odometer showing the actual mileage
if so how did you handle it?
I am in Toronto and my insurance will be with " The Personal Insurance Company"
Wow that's peculiar.
Never in my life I had to do that. I am with TD and all I had to do was just to provide VIN.

Reactions: Digitalflyer90
There are a lot of people speaking up about a desire to wait for Austin and 4680. Here's my (biased) perspective.

I'm getting mine on Feb 16. I'm okay with the Fremont one. Recent posts show that the vast majority of the Fremont ones are coming out with very few flaws. The concern i have with Austin is that it may take a while for the flaws to get worked out, and i'm not willing to wait that long.

Plus, I'm thinking that the 4680 are being revered as better and revolutionary, but that technology is still very new. While it's being touted, i would have much more faith in it after it's proven. I don't have much worry about the range or weight which are the main benefits. To me, getting it now is more important.

Lastly, I would be a bit more willing to wait if I was thinking of future value and resale. BUT I'M NOT! I'll likely to drive this car till it's almost dead. At that point, I foresee there being little difference in the sale value having too much consideration of the type of battery I have at that time. Especially since battery updates will probably happen more often! Elon is already talking about how to make future improvements. If a new technology were to come out in 2023,2024, etc., everything is going to be seen as "old" at some point! Plus, at some point, there will be aftermarket battery solutions that will retrofit that will be as good.

Also, the price has gone up too, so i don't want to be dinged for the new price. When i asked about holding my reservation or making changes, one SA told me that I may need to pay the current value of the car to do so, which is higher. Granted, that SA really had NO CLUE and was spewing a bunch of incorrect info, but anyway, it's not worth the aggravation. I will take that money and will invest in PPF or a new coilover set!

After deciding to keep the Fremont car, i also feel that i've gain 16 hours of my day back. No longer am I visiting this forum, Reddit sites, news, twitter, etc to get the new announcements. I'm content! FINALLY!!!

Reactions: vct07
There are a lot of people speaking up about a desire to wait for Austin and 4680. Here's my (biased) perspective.

I'm getting mine on Feb 16. I'm okay with the Fremont one. Recent posts show that the vast majority of the Fremont ones are coming out with very few flaws. The concern i have with Austin is that it may take a while for the flaws to get worked out, and i'm not willing to wait that long.

Plus, I'm thinking that the 4680 are being revered as better and revolutionary, but that technology is still very new. While it's being touted, i would have much more faith in it after it's proven. I don't have much worry about the range or weight which are the main benefits. To me, getting it now is more important.

Lastly, I would be a bit more willing to wait if I was thinking of future value and resale. BUT I'M NOT! I'll likely to drive this car till it's almost dead. At that point, I foresee there being little difference in the sale value having too much consideration of the type of battery I have at that time. Especially since battery updates will probably happen more often! Elon is already talking about how to make future improvements. If a new technology were to come out in 2023,2024, etc., everything is going to be seen as "old" at some point! Plus, at some point, there will be aftermarket battery solutions that will retrofit that will be as good.

Also, the price has gone up too, so i don't want to be dinged for the new price. When i asked about holding my reservation or making changes, one SA told me that I may need to pay the current value of the car to do so, which is higher. Granted, that SA really had NO CLUE and was spewing a bunch of incorrect info, but anyway, it's not worth the aggravation. I will take that money and will invest in PPF or a new coilover set!

After deciding to keep the Fremont car, i also feel that i've gain 16 hours of my day back. No longer am I visiting this forum, Reddit sites, news, twitter, etc to get the new announcements. I'm content! FINALLY!!!

I’m not sure the Fremont quality has really improved much. I’ve seen a fair number of issues reported with recent MYP deliveries, both on here and Reddit. To me, it’s about more than just the 4680 - it’s potentially the much improved paint and the improved fit and finish with fewer panel gaps and other factory defects (just look at Giga Shanghai as an example of the quality we can expect with Austin).

That said, the mega-casting is a new process and could come with its own set of issues. But in my view they’ll slowly ramp up production in Austin and those initial vehicles will be scrutinized very carefully.

However until we have some sort of announcement from Telsa, this is just pure speculation. Who knows if they’ll even start with MYPs?

Reactions: Destiny1701

From the mouth of EM himself…‘buy earlyat the start of production and at the end..middle is high volume’

Did you get a VIN yet? If you care about the Ryzen, you should confirm with your SA. It looks like some 376+ VINs have shifted back to Intel.
Are you kidding me Tesla?!! No matter how patient you are it's still really annoying the way they are handling this stuff.
I was happy that after about a month that people are steadily getting AMD I'll definitely get mine with AMD too but seems like Tesla does its best to surprise us.

So far the reports coming out is 376-380 are Intel. We should be in the clear. You should be good. Please report back when you pick it up. Where is your pick-up?
I have a 373 vin scheduled for feb 19-23. Can someone help me understand what new features i should be asking my SA about ? ( for cars coming out of cali).

Thank you for any help