Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reposting as i guess this got buried

I have a ppf/wrap-related query. I bought a white car as I have no color attachment

1. Do I need ppf to drive in Canada, is the paint scratch severe enough to warrant this spend
2. If ppf, should I do just front quarter or full hood, and whats the economical option around Toronto with cost
3. Doesn't wrap make more sense as I see it was cheaper than a full ppf. I could get the car wrapped red at a low cost?

Any help would be invaluable

If you spend much time driving on major 400 series highways I definitely recommend doing doing the PPF wrap at least front of the car.
This would include bumper hood headlights mirrors and perhaps the A pillars as well. I think that will run you anywhere between 1500 ~ 2000.
I am thinking about wrapping the entire car when I get it. Most likely in matte PPF. I have been getting quotes anywhere from 5000 to 5800.
You can go with colour wraps but I am not sure if it will give you the same level as PPF protection.

Reactions: Rennei
Is it normal to have just the month and no specific dates for the EDD? Mine was originally May, got bumped to... I think September briefly and is now just sitting with June 2022. It feels like those who have dates in their EDD are getting them bumped up a bit... and here I am just with a month and no dates 1 month away...

Any particular shop that you may recommend @garumaru
Jay at Westside is incredible. Oakville shop.

Full ppf is around 4500, partial around 2k incl window tint.

Check out his reviews.

908647D7-1311-416A-A715-C156D592BC2A.jpeg

Reactions: Memelord
I just had my edd moved to June 13-July 18 from May 10-June 7. This has put me in a bit of a pickle for events this summer. I am now ready to just add self driving as I am already going to get it after the car. I am sorry if this has been asked before, but here is my screenshot below to add it. Here are my questions:

1)Will this change the price of the vehicle I ordered in Nov 2021 to the new prices?

2)At this stage, will it help any adding FSD for getting the vehicle?

3)On Tesla’s advice 2.5 months ago, I got the financing done through their website Scotia bank 3.6%. What will happen to that on the website once I add FSD? Does it get adjusted or just dissapear and I have to resubmit financing app through their website? I understand the interest will expire and the approved terms from Scotia expire I think 90 day then have to reapply anyways. Sheesh

I definitely don’t want to add the FSD if I am now subject to the new vehicle pricing. Screenshot below. Still says 10,600 CAD for FSD, so that is the old pricing..so Spidey sense is saying the vehicle I ordered in November will not go up in price then?

Would love to get all of your feedback here before I start “messing around”.
PS. Checked website code and no hidden vin.

Attachments

• DCF7407C-437F-45E4-9E87-6C0E19C77BF3.png
    DCF7407C-437F-45E4-9E87-6C0E19C77BF3.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
1)Will this change the price of the vehicle I ordered in Nov 2021 to the new prices?

2)At this stage, will it help any adding FSD for getting the vehicle?

3)On Tesla’s advice 2.5 months ago, I got the financing done through their website Scotia bank 3.6%. What will happen to that on the website once I add FSD? Does it get adjusted or just dissapear and I have to resubmit financing app through their website? I understand the interest will expire and the approved terms from Scotia expire I think 90 day then have to reapply anyways. Sheesh

I definitely don’t want to add the FSD if I am now subject to the new vehicle pricing. Screenshot below. Still says 10,600 CAD for FSD, so that is the old pricing..so Spidey sense is saying the vehicle I ordered in November will not go up in price then?

Would love to get all of your feedback here before I start “messing around”.
PS. Checked website code and no hidden vin.
1) I would call the SA and ask, but I don't think it would.

2) Saw a recent post (yesterday?) in the 7 seat room about someone adding FSD and EDD window was bumped up almost immediately. However given my EDD's I put about zero faith in those numbers. So.....maybe ? lol

3) I would also ask your SA on this, but I suspect the total would just be adjusted. I've learned my lesson and I won't be applying for re-financing again as mine is set to expire for the third time.

With all that said I am considering adding FSD at this point as it looks cool and if there's any chance it will speed up delivery.......who goes first, you or me? Haha.

Reactions: casefresh
My fourth two week window was just pushed out/back to a month window: May 17-29 -> June 1 - June 29.

At this point I'd prefer a simple "We have NFI" on the EDD.

Oof, Alberta is not feeling the love on deliveries right now. You ordered before me, but I'm still showing a 2 week window in May...for now.

MYLR White/Black/19/Tow
Order Date Oct 2, 2021
Original Estimated Delivery April 2022
Current Estimated Delivery May 17 - 31
Calgary