Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received the text today to set up my delivery appointment in Vaughan.

Hopefully it will be on time but scheduled to pick my car up on June 7th!

No vin in the account still but when SA texted me yesterday to advise I’ll be getting a text message soon to schedule my delivery, he mentioned to to schedule ASAP to secure a VIN to my account.

Reactions: karsten88
Received the text today to set up my delivery appointment in Vaughan.

Hopefully it will be on time but scheduled to pick my car up on June 7th!

No vin in the account still but when SA texted me yesterday to advise I’ll be getting a text message soon to schedule my delivery, he mentioned to to schedule ASAP to secure a VIN to my account.
Post appointment date is also a hit or miss. Vehicle repair etc is unpredictable and Tesla lets you know last minute if moving to a new date. Don't trust until you actually receive the car. I am also in the group where insurance etc has begun and there is no car

My EDD has moved again. More updates on this process.

To recap.
Received VIN mid April - EDD April 24-28
EDD changed to April 30th- May4th
EDD changed to May 9-13
EDD changed to May 16-20
EDD changed to May 19-23
EDD changed to May 26-30
EDD changed to Aug- Sept - hope this is a glitch.

As you can see it’s moving weekly. Process is painful.
Update:

Late last night I Got a new VIN, Contract and EDD changed to Mid-June. SA also booked a pick up date in mid June. When I asked why the VIN changed the response was the original VIN will not be arriving in Ontario for a long time. Really ???
Was it reassigned to someone else? If yes, why? Can they just do that?

I think booking a pick up date way over 2 weeks ahead is just a tactic to keep me quiet at the moment… I wouldn’t be fully surprised if this gets pushed out again. UGH!! I haven’t come across this scenario in the forums.

Update:

Late last night I Got a new VIN, Contract and EDD changed to Mid-June. SA also booked a pick up date in mid June. When I asked why the VIN changed the response was the original VIN will not be arriving in Ontario for a long time. Really ???
Was it reassigned to someone else? If yes, why? Can they just do that?

I think booking a pick up date way over 2 weeks ahead is just a tactic to keep me quiet at the moment… I wouldn’t be fully surprised if this gets pushed out again. UGH!! I haven’t come across this scenario in the forums.
I saw a post in another MYP group that said there had been a train derailment in the US with cars headed to the east coast - people with VINs suddenly have no cars and VINs are gone. Maybe this is affecting some vehicles originally headed up here?

• Any one with this config ordered on 15th October 2021 got delivery from Vancouver, Richmond, Surrey/Langley ?

• Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
My OD/CD is one day earlier than you and config is exactly the same. Now EDD is Jun 5 and no vin yet. Pick up in Oakville.

Very curious now:
- what floor mats?
- what phone holder and why? not good enough on the charging pad? cant see it well?
- what is the console cup holder liner for ?
- 3d maxPIDER mats
- Jowua 480 (with charger) mostly because with the 3 kids and spouse I assume someone is going to be wanting to put their electronic devices on there. Also gives me the option if I want to use waze or other application while I drive I can.
- it is a liner for your cup holder to make it easier to clean

Reactions: canadian.bacon
It's in my sig, probably can't see it if you are viewing from a phone. Pretty much the same as yours. My mouse is hovering over the FSD buy button depending on what happens with yours haha.

MYLR | Ext: Red | Int: Black | 7 seats | 19" Wheels | Tow | No FSD
Order date: Sept 15 | Profile completed Oct 5
Original EDD: Feb 2022. Current EDD: June 1-June 29
Hey @Stirfry , any movement on your end? My car is in transit to Calgary now.

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
I dropped by Oakville location this morning.
A ton of Ys getting prepped to be delivered next few days. I also spoke to one of the agents there. They are getting shipments every week.
But none of them was able to tell any details regarding current orders.
I also took the liberty of test driving a MYP as they had one sitting in the lot.
All I can say is, I just can't wait until I receive mine.

Interesting development for me just now. My EDD has moved up and narrowed down even further.
I see VIN F452XXX in the source code.

Highly possible that someone cancelled their receipt?
Now it says 5/30 ~ 6/05.
It was previously 6/07 ~ 6/21.

Last edited:
I dropped by Oakville location this morning.
A ton of Ys getting prepped to be delivered next few days. I also spoke to one of the agents there. They are getting shipments every week.
But none of them was able to tell any details regarding current orders.
I also took the liberty of test driving a MYP as they had one sitting in the lot.
All I can say is, I just can't wait until I receive mine.

Interesting development for me just now. My EDD has moved up and narrowed down even further.
I see VIN F452XXX in the source code.

Highly possible that someone' cancelled their receipt?
These happen all the time, customers cancel at the last moment. The benefit is mostly this will be a yard stock and get delivered swiftly

My OD/CD is one day earlier than you and config is exactly the same. Now EDD is Jun 5 and no vin yet. Pick up in Oakville.
I remember few members with same config got VIN assigned but not sure if it's 5 or 7 seat.

Few weeks back my EDD came down to 1 week and when I approached the date it reverted back to 1month. Annoying.

Tesla know how many vehicles they can produce and when they going to produce specific model, but still this vague delivery dates. Gives me impression of unorganized production belt.