Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah... that's my dilemma, I've mostly heard that you would pay the revised price of the car...
Just for your reference, when I added the FSD in the profile, they didn't even update the new vehicle price to include the extra $600 hike of PDI fee, it was simply a $10600 add-on to the vehicle price, so I am pretty confident they will honor our original purchase price with or without the FSD and vice versa.

My plan for the FSD is to call and have the SA remove it until the very last few days before delivery, that will ensure no drama would happen.

Just for your reference, when I added the FSD in the profile, they didn't even update the new vehicle price to include the extra $600 hike of PDI fee, it was simply a $10600 add-on to the vehicle price, so I am pretty confident they will honor our original purchase price with or without the FSD and vice versa.

My plan for the FSD is to call and have the SA remove it until the very last few days before delivery, that will ensure no drama would happen.
I might hop on the same boat as you, whereabouts is your selected pick up location?

😂🤣 when I share my OD I usually make people feel better about theirs lol
My problem is I am waiting on a 7 seater…that seems to be the hold up. But the crazy thing is that I am not even the oldest order on here or Reddit. I have seen some August and earlier 😳
For me day 222 and counting…
Is it because you are in Saskatchewan? I have similar and current date in july-august ODD March

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat

this might move your delivery date or they might not honor the change. This was the loophole they had for delivery. Has someone really tried this out? Interested in knowing there experience

this might move your delivery date or they might not honor the change. This was the loophole they had for delivery. Has someone really tried this out? Interested in knowing there experience
TBH it's a bonus to me if adding FSD can move my date earlier, I didn't opt for it in 1st place is because price seemed too ridiculous to me, but seeing the recent price hike of FSD, the old price of FSD add-on seem like a steal now, worst case scenario I might just keep it if they won't honor the original price to me.

Btw my thoughts about the way Tesla promo the FSD really sucks, they should offer a minimum of 30 days trial for people like me whose looking forward to the feature but skeptical to justify its price point, much like the premium connectivity free trial. After all asking people to shell out a 5+ figure with a 30 minutes test drive is just not enough to overcome the skepticism of an average consumer. Bad marketing.

Last edited:

if you add fsd, after you already confirmed your financing its added as a closing cost, meaning you would have to pay the price when you pick up the vehicle

TBH it's a bonus to me if adding FSD can move my date earlier, I didn't opt for it in 1st place is because price seemed too ridiculous to me, but seeing the recent price hike of FSD, the old price of FSD add-on seem like a steal now, worst case scenario I might just keep it if they won't honor the original price to me.

Btw my thoughts about the way Tesla promo the FSD really sucks, they should offer a minimum of 30 days trial for people like me whose looking forward to the feature but skeptical to justify its price point, much like the premium connectivity free trial. After all asking people to shell out a 5+ figure with a 30 minutes test drive is just not enough to overcome the skepticism of an average consumer. Bad marketing.
You can do a monthly subscription for FSD after you take delivery of your car if you want to try it before buying it. The downside is that it cost more to add after you take delivery of your car.

Did they not change the wording on adding FSD that if you selected it now, you could not make any more changes to your config?