Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its been a roller coaster of changes since my last post but my EDD has now narrowed to Aug 14-18. Just finished my financing application (Agree with Joey_82, interest rates suck... got 5.9% with RBC on 96 months)

Only thing that sucks is that my VIN shows Fremont instead of Austin when i looked it up on the source code.... was really hoping to get a cargo cover and the better build quality of Austin :(.

But still, journey is (hopefully) almost over.

use source code to look up your VIN if you're curious. Search for 7SAY to see if you've been assigned a VIN

Did this and looks like I'm getting a Fremont build. Still no actual communication from Tesla with the VIN though and no trade in text. I did get the "vehicle is on it's way text" though.

What is your order location?

GTA

On the insurance front, The Cooperators have quoted me a pretty good rate ($1,488/yr) which is only a bit higher than with my 2014 CX-5.

I've yet to hear from anyone that said tesla gives a decent offer for trade in... Its only for ppl that don't want the hassle... Lol
Tesla's trade in value sucked. Their first offer was reasonable on my wifes 17 X1, then the next offer dropped by 2k afer 30 days and 1k driven. I sold the vehicle privately in less than 1 week for more than their initial offer plus tax savings. I inquired why the big change, and they said they are going by Canadian Black Book pricing and their offer is non negotiable.

B4353129-8C9C-4DDC-993F-B4A068629EC9.jpeg

I picked up today in Oakville, dropped off 21 cx9 which they gave me black book for. Saved 5k in tax which made it a no brainer. Vehicle was flawless!! 😍

Myp tow 5 seater
Ood feb 8 mylr tow grey
Odd was oct-dec
Changed to black myp 3 1/2 weeks ago 😳
It’s just a placeholder for cybertruck!! 😉

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

B4353129-8C9C-4DDC-993F-B4A068629EC9.jpeg

View attachment 835889
I picked up today in Oakville, dropped off 21 cx9 which they gave me black book for. Saved 5k in tax which made it a no brainer. Vehicle was flawless!! 😍

Myp tow 5 seater
Ood feb 8 mylr tow grey
Odd was oct-dec
Changed to black myp 3 1/2 weeks ago 😳
It’s just a placeholder for cybertruck!! 😉

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

View attachment 835889
Nice, I will be picking up my MYP in Oakville this Friday. Mine is a placeholder for a Rivian R1S. My guess is you will get your cybertruck before I can get the R1S.

Reactions: Tim Doyle