Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody that live a long way away from a Delivery location and get it delivered by truck courier instead of travelling to pick it up?

We live in Thunder Bay, getting the Model 3 delivered to Innisfill. Planning to fly down to Toronto and drive back the 14ish hours but I've also heard you can pay to get it put on a courier truck and get it delivered. No idea the cost but likely not significantly different than flying down, hotel and driving back that far. Also a little concerned about taking delivery when it comes off a courier - if its damaged there is no service center anywhere near here.

Reactions: canadian.bacon
Hi guys, it's the first time that I'm seeing an almost two-week timeline on the tesla app. For the past 2 months it was stuck on Aug 24 to Sept 28, but yesterday it changed from Aug 28 to Sept 11. Is this a good thing? should I finally get my hopes up? When should I order and Install the wall charger? after VIN is assigned or should I go ahead and do all that now?

For reference: ODD: Dec 5th, 2021, Original EDD: July 2022--> May - June 2022--> August 24 to Sept 28 --> August 28 to Sept 11
MYLR, 5 seat, White with white interior, Gemini wheels, no tow, no fsd.

Anybody that live a long way away from a Delivery location and get it delivered by truck courier instead of travelling to pick it up?

We live in Thunder Bay, getting the Model 3 delivered to Innisfill. Planning to fly down to Toronto and drive back the 14ish hours but I've also heard you can pay to get it put on a courier truck and get it delivered. No idea the cost but likely not significantly different than flying down, hotel and driving back that far. Also a little concerned about taking
And how are you gonna get to Innisfill from Toronto ? An uber will be quite expensive, but doable. I image you'll fly Porter, which will put you downtown?
Maybe easier to rent a car and drop off in Innisfill, most companies will allow you to drop off at a different location.
And if you think it's only 14 hours, meh, it will be longer, but doable in one shot.

Hi guys, it's the first time that I'm seeing an almost two-week timeline on the tesla app. For the past 2 months it was stuck on Aug 24 to Sept 28, but yesterday it changed from Aug 28 to Sept 11. Is this a good thing? should I finally get my hopes up? When should I order and Install the wall charger? after VIN is assigned or should I go ahead and do all that now?

For reference: ODD: Dec 5th, 2021, Original EDD: July 2022--> May - June 2022--> August 24 to Sept 28 --> August 28 to Sept 11
Your window is narrowing, which is a good thing definitely. Mine was sitting from 5 weeks -> 4 weeks -> 2 weeks now, I go into the EDD window next week. But given what I have seen in this forum, there's no promise if you will get the car in that particular window. You can simply be pushed out to a new date.
As for a wall charger, I have installed it about a month ago. I need it when I get a car anyway. either now or later, it won't hurt IMO.

yesterday I received a text from Tesla asking if I had a trade in. I replied no.

My EDD was Aug 18 - Sept 15
This morning it's now Nov 20 - Jan 1 lol

OD was Dec 18 2021
MYLR7 W/B...20's...TOW

From what I've been reading, you may have a better chance if you ordered a 5 seater VS a 7 seater

As noted above it could be soon, or it could be nothing. My own experience is not great. Original EDD of Feb 2022 so I had charger installed in Jan 2022 (ish?) and ordered winter tires. Two week windows started around end of Feb/March.

I am still in a two-week window, just constant pushes. Maybe you have a better experience though.

Your window is narrowing, which is a good thing definitely. Mine was sitting from 5 weeks -> 4 weeks -> 2 weeks now, I go into the EDD window next week. But given what I have seen in this forum, there's no promise if you will get the car in that particular window. You can simply be pushed out to a new date.
As for a wall charger, I have installed it about a month ago. I need it when I get a car anyway. either now or later, it won't hurt IMO.
Same situation here, going into my EDD window in a few day.

Picked up my MY 7 seater this morning.
Better build quality than my 19 M3, no scratch, chips, misalignment but there's few small gap around doors.

SA said if it gets fixed, then might have another gap or issue on other side..??

So might just keep it As Is.

Also, glad that 4.85 rate applied on May 12 still not changed.

Will get new Michellin Crossclimate2 tomorrow for Canadian winter!

After that, new wheel cover from Ali, tux mats from Costco..

View attachment 838215

View attachment 838214
I dont see an issue???

Holy hell!! I couldn’t wait any more so added FSD 3 days ago.

Got an email this morning telling me to get ready for payment. Logged in and my EDD was 12/8-18/8. Called tesla and they confirmed! VIN in MVPA!

Delivery scheduled for next week and FSD removed successfully with updated contract within seconds of removing it.

Man, what a lifesaver. I needed this car so badly and was contemplating getting another vehicle and canceling this order.