Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing. I'm with TDMM as well and will likely be calling them in a week or so for my Y. I do have a 3 and another vehicle with them that have the 5 year replacement cost option. Interesting to hear how they no longer offer it. Do get the sense that the market / economy are all out of sorts these days...
Please post some updates after you find out from TDMM, I have a feeling the agent I got isn't very confident of what she was speaking of, I can't seem to rationalize why they scrap the 5 year replacement clause while other insurance companies still has it.

Reactions: Joey_82
I have scheduled delivery of my MYP next week.

Just went into a SC and the SA confirmed in the system that my MYP (F573 VIN) will still be coming with ultrasonic sensors (there’s a code on the vehicle summary report that identifies this).

She also told me that if you were getting a car without ultrasonic sensors, you’d get a notification on your account.

Hopefully this helps gives some clarification for people who have delivery coming up soon and are not sure if they’re getting USS or not.

Hello all, new to the forum and here are some updates today:

MYP Ordered SEP 29th
First ETA was Oct 4th - 18th.
Second ETA on Oct 5th was Oct 15 -29th.

This morning it changed to 13th - 20th and I used source code method to see the VIN on the order page but it doesn’t show in the app. Wondering if this means the DD range would be firm this time?

@Jovo but didn't they disable the functionality ? so the uss are useless?
According to the Tesla press release they are not disabling the function on cars equipped with the sensors "at this time".

Capture.JPG

MYP Ordered SEP 29th

This morning it changed to 13th - 20th and I used source code method to see the VIN on the order page but it doesn’t show in the app. Wondering if this means the DD range would be firm this time?
It will vary a lot, but it seems you are in a very short window - 7 days, this is a good sign; those new prices definitely put a dent in the backlog.

MYP Ordered SEP 29th

What ext and int colour?

PS - nothing is 'firm'.... but it does look positive!

I have been emailing my original SA (he moved to BC), he is the one that arranged my initial test drive (on the spot) in a full SC with no appointments available for weeks and people waiting outside to get in. What an amazing dude. Always on point, always professional, always info on the spot, replying to emails within minutes. He gave me the VIN (cant see it in the source code). He is personally taking care of the trade-in process with their team. I know he has no say in the trade-in price, but he certainly knows how to pull the strings. I just sent him the photos of the car and got the ball moving.
I guess I am very lucky dealing with him, after hearing horror stories left and right. They are not all bad; but probably overworked and fed up with entitled assholes.
For how rudimentary and impersonal the Tesla system is, I'm definitely pampered (so far). Fingers crossed ! There is hope !

I have been emailing my original SA (he moved to BC), he is the one that arranged my initial test drive (on the spot) in a full SC with no appointments available for weeks and people waiting outside to get in. What an amazing dude. Always on point, always professional, always info on the spot, replying to emails within minutes. He gave me the VIN (cant see it in the source code). He is personally taking care of the trade-in process with their team. I know he has no say in the trade-in price, but he certainly knows how to pull the strings. I just sent him the photos of the car and got the ball moving.
I guess I am very lucky dealing with him, after hearing horror stories left and right. They are not all bad; but probably overworked and fed up with entitled assholes.
For how rudimentary and impersonal the Tesla system is, I'm definitely pampered (so far). Fingers crossed ! There is hope !
Tesla seems very responsive now that I have a VIN. Texted the original text message # from March to open up a trade in option and heard back within mins. Have submitted my photos and now waiting the valuation.
Also whomever is texting me back must be local at the Vancouver Island temporary delivery centre as he says he will contact me as soon as the car is "on the island".
Now I guess I might as well pepper them with questions about ultrasonic sensors and matrix lights etc....LOL

EDIT: Asked about USS and Matrix....SA says they can't tell till the vehicle arrives....I don't think that is actually correct but I'm not going to push it. These Victoria guys haven't been at the job very long.

Last edited: