Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my blue long range today. PF585. Went straight to the shop for ppf. So I don’t currently have the car with me.

With USS. No cargo cover, no new camera and no matrix light.
Had a damage on the side of the driver side seat. Booked service appointment already for next Monday.

I received a text to schedule delivery today. Earliest availability is Nov 6th, 2022.
VIN: 2PF597XXX

I wonder if I should delay delivery if I want new camera, cargo shelf and comfort suspension? Vehicles built after 10/20/2022 should have all these. But considering it may take 2 weeks (maybe more with customs?) for the cars to arrive in Canada, it is unlikely vehicles built after 10/20/2022 have already arrived in Canada this week?

I have asked SA for build date but have not yet heard back.

I just received to schedule delivery today Nov 2 - Nov 9. lol. Very short notice. Just got 2 weeks windows a couple days ago. VIN NF576xxx
Interesting....that is a 2022 VIN. I do see there is a lot of existing new inventory of 2022s across Canada. Maybe one matched your spec and they assigned it to you? Where are you located? In BC most of the deliveries last Friday were already 2023s (other than mine NF574XXX).

Does anyone know is Tesla still accept payment via bank draft on delivery day? I don't see where I can pick that option in my account.

Thanks
That is how I paid last Friday. There was nothing to select in my account. I wasn't financing though...just paying all in cash (via the draft). I had messaged Tesla to check what I needed to put on the draft as I'd read they sometimes want your VIN or RN number but the guys at my local delivery center said I didn't need either. Draft is to be made out to TESLA MOTORS CANADA ULC

That is how I paid last Friday. There was nothing to select in my account. I wasn't financing though...just paying all in cash (via the draft). I had messaged Tesla to check what I needed to put on the draft as I'd read they sometimes want your VIN or RN number but the guys at my local delivery center said I didn't need either. Draft is to be made out to TESLA MOTORS CANADA ULC
Thanks. I also message SA and response was pretty much what @arbitrage000 said.

Yes and memo/note on the draft should have the RN number

“Submit your payment for delivery. Accepted forms of payment include certified funds such as a wire transfer, certified cheque, or bank draft in the name of Tesla Motors Canada ULC”

Just posting update. Took delivery on Saturday and it looked great. USS, front mud flaps, no matrix lights and no cargo cover.

It was a lot of fun driving but now have a low safety score and also low battery. Didn't receive the mobile connector yet so probably going to test out a supercharger later today.

Reactions: arbitrage000
https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/inventory/n ... &range=200

about 60 model y cars are on sale in tesla inventory in ontario. wtf is happening? why wait if you can pick one up now from thr lot?
And there have been ~30 cars for the past few weeks in BC inventory. Now up to 42 (5 are demo cars with more miles on them but a discount). If you keep checking every day you can pretty much find any config you want. The cars are constantly changing.

I'm not sure what is going on. I wondered if all the speculators cancelled orders now that the used/flipping market is crashing?
Or has supply totally outstripped demand now?

For sure if I was planning to order now I'd just grab a new inventory car. There may be a few configs that are hard to find but most are showing up. It is harder to find white interior and harder to find the free paint colors.

Question is why are there so many? There was no match at all for that config? Just odd
MANY US customers postponing their deliveries until January to receive the new $7,500 USD rebate (almost no doubt Model Ys will be eligible for the full amount). Tesla will likely increase prices ($5K?) in the US but current orders are locked in at lower prices so owners will get the full benefit. Meanwhile Tesla is diverting vehicles to Canada to increase Q4 sales, hence unprecedented inventories in Canada.