Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was 2 years ago when there was more demand than supply. Again there's over 100 Model Ys available for pick up in Canada and growing every day. When they were selling everything they were making, it was easy to ignore local pricing conditions. They want to become an even bigger player than they are and they've increased how many they can produce at the same time while market condtions have been getting worse (increasing interest rates). They also seem to want to outprice the competition so they don't really have any other choice but to decrease the price.

Generally after conversion cars are cheaper in Canada than the US. If Tesla wants to be more expensive, they're going to be less competitive, lose market share, etc.
Not sure about other cars, but Teslas, like other electronic gadgets, have historically been more expensive in Canada.

What you’re saying about market conditions does make sense. But there are many more MYs available for pick up in the US than in Canada. So again, prices can further drop in both countries later in the year. I just don’t think they’ll stay higher than their lowest point in the US, further drop only in Canada, and become cheaper than the US for extended periods.

Just saying hi to my fellow Canucks.

Been lurking for a while. Finally registered, ordered, and impatiently waiting :)

Ordered March 12

MYLR
5 seater
Gemini
Red on Black
Tow Package

EDD1: Apr - Jun 2023
EDD2: Jun 23 - July 1
EDD3: Apr - Jun 2023

Really hoping Tesla extends the equivalent US price cut to us north of the border but not holding my breath.
What happens if prices reduce after order and before delivery. Do they adjust your price automatically or upon request? I have heard about this in US in some reddit forums, not sure if folks have seen that happening in Canada too?

What happens if prices reduce after order and before delivery. Do they adjust your price automatically or upon request? I have heard about this in US in some reddit forums, not sure if folks have seen that happening in Canada too?
I don't know. I assume it'd be the same here as US. But you know what happens when you assume. If they didn't I'd just cancel and write off the $250.

There’s always the argument on Tesla side as well. If prices go up should you pay that new price? Depending on price drop ,if any , you could weigh out the loss of $250 deposit from price difference and submit a new order. With that you will also go to the back of the line and waiting game starts over as your order now goes to the next person that didn’t cancel with same options.

Not sure about other cars, but Teslas, like other electronic gadgets, have historically been more expensive in Canada.

What you’re saying about market conditions does make sense. But there are many more MYs available for pick up in the US than in Canada. So again, prices can further drop in both countries later in the year. I just don’t think they’ll stay higher than their lowest point in the US, further drop only in Canada, and become cheaper than the US for extended periods.
They just introduced Y AWD for $59,990. AWD and Long Range are now eligible for $5k gov rebate.

Reactions: MrTzla and gaur
I just ordered a MYLR and something is weird. When I see the payment details in my Tesla account, I see a 5000 iZEV incentive automatically applied which is incorrect since MY is not eligible for iZEV?
Is this normal - I need to apply for finance so want to make sure it takes the correct amount.

===== This is how it looks for me ================

Total Cost of Vehicle $82,865.40​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit. -$250.00

Additional Credits​

iZev Incentive -$5,000.00
EV Incentive. $0.00

Amount Due. $77,615.40​

I just ordered a MYLR and something is weird. When I see the payment details in my Tesla account, I see a 5000 iZEV incentive automatically applied which is incorrect since MY is not eligible for iZEV?
Is this normal - I need to apply for finance so want to make sure it takes the correct amount.

===== This is how it looks for me ================

Total Cost of Vehicle $82,865.40​

Payments Received​

Order Deposit. -$250.00

Additional Credits​

iZev Incentive -$5,000.00
EV Incentive. $0.00

Amount Due. $77,615.40​

It's now eligible since the Standard Range RWD Model Y is available for $59,990.

Hah, I also see it in my order price details! 🤑 Technically it's a RWD, so not equivalent to the base Model Y in the US? Not a price drop per se, but super news for Canada MY folks!
Oops, yea I assumed when I first saw it that they were bringing over the one from the US. Either way great to see the rebate now available! Hopefully a small price drop on the LR will happen soon too

I logged in last night (like I do 5 x per day) and I saw my overall payment req'd had dropped and the line item didn't register with me until I woke up this morning.

So this is Tesla's crafty way of getting us Canucks a price drop without dropping their prices. I'll take it! I just had to redo my trade in details because the first offer expired and my trade in value actually went up $1k. I have no idea but I'll take it. Time to start watching stock for a suitable alternative build I think.

I understand for those whom has not picked their model Y yet, will receive the $5k iZEV. Question anyone that had already picked up their Model Y like a few days before Apr 20-2023 with respect to $5k in iZEV, do you get still get $5k iZEV?

From Canada Federal incentive site.

• Vehicles delivered to customers prior to being published to the list of eligible vehicles do not qualify for incentives.
My March order MYLR was already priced at $69990 so we will get the 5k when we take delivery this summer.
Last night the feds izev list still only showed model 3 LFP.

Can confirm MY wasn't on approved vehicles list first thing this morning.

Can also confirm it's now officially on the list

1682088052364.png

Reactions: figs45
Hard personal debate. Do I wait for my red 5 seat black interior order? Or jump ship to a 7 seat order that is in stock within driving distance. Basically getting 7 seater for free. But we already own a van so it's kinda pointless. Unless the van goes down at some point. Damnnnnnnnn the impatience is growing.

My EDD is still sitting on the super generic Apr-Jun. Not knowing if it's 2 weeks or 2 months (or more) is eating me up inside.