Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an updated EDD - but after seeing some of the other updates, I'm not putting too much stock in it just yet - especially seeing some of the other Alberta folks with the same build.

MYLR5 | Blue/Black | 19" | No tow
OD: 03/24
EDD 1: April - June 2023
EDD 2: May 6 - May 20, 2023

Located in Edmonton, AB
Maybe a cancelled order came through and you are the chosen one!?

was looking at local BC stock and it's all white seats unless it's a 7 seater.....was tempted on the 7 seater just to get earlier delivery but got an update today. hopefully it's accurate!

OD: 04/20
EDD 2: May 5 - May 19, 2023

Seen a few people say this now, by how much did it go up? Are we talking $100 or $1000?
From my very first 'estimated' trade-in value (submitting general information without the photos), my offer has gone up $900 in total. Initial estimate just based on make/model/odometer was $8400. After uploading photos, it jumped to $8700, and now is sitting at $9300.

Reactions: MrTzla
im from Vancouver, want to share my order information.

OD: 1/14 (order was on hold until late Feb as we need to get the charging in our condo setup)
EDD 1: Mar 27-30
EDD 2: Apr 1-29 (updated mar 16)
EDD 3: May 16-Jun 27 (updated mar 22)
EDD 4: Jun 09-30 (updated apr 17)
EDD 5: Jul 08- Aug 19 (updated apr 25)

and then yesterday (apr 26) at around 7pm got the VIN assigned (PF771xxx)

today got the delivery schedule email. DD: May 7!!

very happy about the new $5000 incentive :)

My original trade-in offer expired yesterday, so resubmitted the odometer reading to resubmit - and the offer went up! Now to wait and see if that delivery window holds 🤞🤞
That exact thing happened to me. I had to rub my eyes and when I told my SA on a second visit he didn't believe me. We went and picked a car from inventory haha. Lessened the burn by just a bit.

On a side note it looks like my delivery is on schedule for next weekend still. Today my trade payout was updated in my account (although it doesn't reflect the payment that was taken today so not sure what happens with that). Following that I was sent my full and complete sales agreement.

As an added, completely unexpected bonus: the VIN I scooped from inventory was originally going to a store an hr a bit away and when I scooped it my SA said I'd have to go there to get it. I noticed in my account today the delivery address was my local store, reached out to my SA and apparantly I will be taking delivery locally! I don't know how that happened, or even if it's true. But if it is I'll certainly take it.

This purchase experience, so far, has been borderline refreshing. The only downfall is not being able to get anyone on the phone... ever. Sometimes a 5 minute phone call is easier that lots of delay and multiple texts. So far it's an OK trade off.

was looking at local BC stock and it's all white seats unless it's a 7 seater.....was tempted on the 7 seater just to get earlier delivery but got an update today. hopefully it's accurate!

OD: 04/20
EDD 2: May 5 - May 19, 2023
Congrats on getting some good dates.

I can't understand why my friend who ordered the exact same car as you on Feb 18th has an EDD into July/August??

im from Vancouver, want to share my order information.

OD: 1/14 (order was on hold until late Feb as we need to get the charging in our condo setup)
EDD 1: Mar 27-30
EDD 2: Apr 1-29 (updated mar 16)
EDD 3: May 16-Jun 27 (updated mar 22)
EDD 4: Jun 09-30 (updated apr 17)
EDD 5: Jul 08- Aug 19 (updated apr 25)

and then yesterday (apr 26) at around 7pm got the VIN assigned (PF771xxx)

today got the delivery schedule email. DD: May 7!!

very happy about the new $5000 incentive :)
Congrats - what is the config of your MY?

I was definitely wondering this as my (what I thought) basic order got pushed out to what would be 5+ months. I was in a position where I could, at least in theory, possibly make use of the 7 seats so I took the bait.

I didn't mind the white visually, but I don't trust myself with it. I wear jeans most days, 3 kids under 5 and probably another pup at some point in the future (we just lost ours). I also didn't mind the touch of wood either, even if I wish it were a bit of a darker tone. The white just felt like a burden that would be looming over me all the time.

The flip side of that is that the 5 seaters are in such demand that they can't make any inventory builds for them, and when an order gets cancelled and one pops up it gets scooped up immediately by someone less concerned about their specifics away.

I was already tipping the scales of my budget so the rebate helped get us that added utility and the car sooner... hopefully. It also happened to be my exact color and build combo and I'm hoping to keep it long term. Hope it wasn't the wrong call.
They just dropped the price of 7 seater by $1k in the US.. might also do in Canada?

Reactions: figs45