Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called couple of electricians for quote for mobile connector. I got a quote of $1900 for panel upgrade from 100 to 200 amps. And for the charger $1000. Is that a good price?
Some info about the house: Detach house with finished basment (our personal use). One dryer and one stove.

Reactions: SamGr
I called couple of electricians for quote for mobile connector. I got a quote of $1900 for panel upgrade from 100 to 200 amps. And for the charger $1000. Is that a good price?
Some info about the house: Detach house with finished basment (our personal use). One dryer and one stove.
This seems to be a good price. I already had 200Amp service in my house and paid $1200 for the Wall connector installation (it was a long distance away from the basement switch panel and the installer also installed a sub-panel in the garage). My advice would be to refer to Tesla's recommendation regarding wire gauge and that it should be a pure copper wire, as you will find installers cheap out on these specifications of you bargain with them a lot.

Reactions: artistlife
This seems to be a good price. I already had 200Amp service in my house and paid $1200 for the Wall connector installation (it was a long distance away from the basement switch panel and the installer also installed a sub-panel in the garage). My advice would be to refer to Tesla's recommendation regarding wire gauge and that it should be a pure copper wire, as you will find installers cheap out on these specifications of you bargain with them a lot.
Seems like a good price. I was over $3000. But the electrician had to run the wire around the outside of the house due to a finish basement. The proper wire is expensive. I didn't have to upgrade my panel (100 amp panel still) I was below 85% on my panel still.

Seems like a good price. I was over $3000. But the electrician had to run the wire around the outside of the house due to a finish basement. The proper wire is expensive. I didn't have to upgrade my panel (100 amp panel still) I was below 85% on my panel still.
Yes, it's expensive. I think I ended up paying him $150 extra at the end, as I insisted on getting the wire of exact specification as per Tesla. (I got my wall connector installed last year, so it's been a while and I forgot about the extra payment at the end - for wire quality upgrade). So, overall, it costed me $1350.... But my basement was unfinished at that time.

Yes, it's expensive. I think I ended up paying him $150 extra at the end, as I insisted on getting the wire of exact specification as per Tesla. (I got my wall connector installed last year, so it's been a while and I forgot about the extra payment at the end - for wire quality upgrade). So, overall, it costed me $1350.... But my basement was unfinished at that time.
Thanks for sharing! Did the electrician include ESA inspection in the price? I plan to sell the house once the housing market stabalizes so I was considering not upgrading and involving ESA for a moment as one of the lectricians said as long as you don't switch on the dryer and charge the car at same time, you will be fine. But he also said, if for any reason there is fire, you will not be covered. I dismissed the thought of taking the shortcut.
I somewhat know the electrician. He said he will use 60 M cable and include ESA inspection.
I just want to make sure I am going what is neccassary and right.

Anyone received delivery notifications today? I am in the GTA with an Oakville pickup for a M3LR. Current EDD is stuck at Aug 15 - Aug 29.
Nothing yet for me either. My SA said my Y was arriving in Oakville on August 22nd. If that's the case I should be receiving a delivery text in the next couple of days. This is the third time it's been delayed so I hope that doesn't happen again 🤞 My EDD is August 17-31

Last edited: