Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you get the vin. My EDD is august 29 to sep 12 from Oakville. Didn’t receive any vin
You will only receive the VIN when your delivery appointment is booked. When you get the email/text and book it, the VIN shows up in the Tesla app. If you want to see if before then, go to your account page and click manage. Then right click on that webpage and click "view page source". If you search LRWY then your VIN should come up. All Shanghai cars start with that letter combination.

I'll add my experience to the knowlege base...
ordered from inventory july 7 M3LR
VIN retrieved by replying on their confirmation email (needed it to opt out of arbitration clause within 30 days of acceptance of the agreement)
EDD Aug 4-18 -> Aug 23-28 -> Aug 13-27 -> Aug 18 -> Aug 25
Had to buy from oakville as kitchener didn't have inventory, but was offered pickup in kitchener when I clicked throught the system. That was a lie though, I have to go to oakville. Booked delivery Aug 18. Aug 17 2pm they called to confirm. Aug 17 6pm they cancelled (vehicle is still in transit). Had to call insurance etc like the others as i'm trading in a car too. They unilaterally rebooked me for today at noon, but I couldn't make it, so it's moved to Friday. We'll see.

Reactions: SamGr
I'll add my experience to the knowlege base...
ordered from inventory july 7 M3LR
VIN retrieved by replying on their confirmation email (needed it to opt out of arbitration clause within 30 days of acceptance of the agreement)
EDD Aug 4-18 -> Aug 23-28 -> Aug 13-27 -> Aug 18 -> Aug 25
Had to buy from oakville as kitchener didn't have inventory, but was offered pickup in kitchener when I clicked throught the system. That was a lie though, I have to go to oakville. Booked delivery Aug 18. Aug 17 2pm they called to confirm. Aug 17 6pm they cancelled (vehicle is still in transit). Had to call insurance etc like the others as i'm trading in a car too. They unilaterally rebooked me for today at noon, but I couldn't make it, so it's moved to Friday. We'll see.
Tesla could improve their "delivery experience" by adding the ability for awaiting clients to track the actual location of their vehicle - just like when you are the reception for an arriving party at an airport you can see the ETD, ATD, location of the flight in the air and real time ETA. I'm only half joking about this suggestion as I'm sure there are countless issues that come along with enabling such transparency/tracking. Tesla doesn't want people calling or inquiring about status of orders so this would cut down those calls/inquiries and give buyers a soother (a page to constantly refresh).

Tesla could improve their "delivery experience" by adding the ability for awaiting clients to track the actual location of their vehicle - just like when you are the reception for an arriving party at an airport you can see the ETD, ATD, location of the flight in the air and real time ETA. I'm only half joking about this suggestion as I'm sure there are countless issues that come along with enabling such transparency/tracking. Tesla doesn't want people calling or inquiring about status of orders so this would cut down those calls/inquiries and give buyers a soother (a page to constantly refresh).
I think they used to provide such updates in 2016s sand 2017s... I remember that one of my friend purchased a Model X that time and used to tell me exact progress of his vehicle. So, it can be done, if Tesla wishes!

You will only receive the VIN when your delivery appointment is booked. When you get the email/text and book it, the VIN shows up in the Tesla app. If you want to see if before then, go to your account page and click manage. Then right click on that webpage and click "view page source". If you search LRWY then your VIN should come up. All Shanghai cars start with that letter combination.
thank you Sir. Very helpful

She was home on Saturday after PPF. Best of luck to the guys still waiting for their cars

Attachments

• IMG_2008 (1).jpeg
    IMG_2008 (1).jpeg
    580.3 KB · Views: 47
You're lucky to already have a VIN assigned.
I ordered on July 7th... No hidden VIN yet. EDD is currently showing as Sep 7-21.
We had a VIN assigned 2-3 weeks ago. It was in the ”motor vehicle purchase agreement” document in our account. I texted the number that I’ve been communicating Tesla with and asked why the switch. The reply was that the vehicle was no longer going to Saskatoon, so they pushed our delivery back 2 weeks and assigned another vehicle. I’m guessing our car was given to someone else, which is quite annoying.

We had a VIN assigned 2-3 weeks ago. It was in the ”motor vehicle purchase agreement” document in our account. I texted the number that I’ve been communicating Tesla with and asked why the switch. The reply was that the vehicle was no longer going to Saskatoon, so they pushed our delivery back 2 weeks and assigned another vehicle. I’m guessing our car was given to someone else, which is quite annoying.
They seem to do that quite frequently.... Last year when I got my Model X, I found Ownership Certificate with a different person's name on it...lol... Apparently, that VIN was assigned to someone else while car was delivered to me... and they failed to change the documentation before delivery date! My delivery had to be delayed by a day as they had to re-register it in my name and also got new Licence number and new plates, etc. It was a mess!... lol ...But they gave me a new Model Y as loaner for 1 day!

We ordered an Audi A4 in 2011. We got a VIN as soon as the car was built and were able to track the car as it left the factory, travelled by train to a ship, travelled on the ship to Canada, then travelled by train to Winnipeg. We always knew where “our car” was. I‘m surprised that with all of their computer systems, Tesla can’t offer their customers a similar feature 12 years later.