Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the canadian version of the MYLR and have about 2000kms on it. I've been reading that the LG batteries in Shanghai have a slightly different chemistry and that they can charge higher than the Panasonic batteries coming from Fremont. I can't find any evidence of this and my dashboard tells me to charge to 80% daily and 100% for trips. I've read online that it's safe to charge it higher since but I can't find any evidence of this and only follow Tesla's guide.

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard any differently? I've only followed what the tesla computer is telling me.

I just got the canadian version of the MYLR and have about 2000kms on it. I've been reading that the LG batteries in Shanghai have a slightly different chemistry and that they can charge higher than the Panasonic batteries coming from Fremont. I can't find any evidence of this and my dashboard tells me to charge to 80% daily and 100% for trips. I've read online that it's safe to charge it higher since but I can't find any evidence of this and only follow Tesla's guide.

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard any differently? I've only followed what the tesla computer is telling me.

From my understanding, LFP batteries are less susceptible to degradation (pro) and perform worse in cold climates (con). To answer your question, you could get away with charging to 100% better, but it’s still a lithium ion battery at the end of the day and best practice would probably be to still charge to ~80% daily and then to 100% when you need it. That’s what I’ll be doing.

Reactions: DarrenHD
From my understanding, LFP batteries are less susceptible to degradation (pro) and perform worse in cold climates (con). To answer your question, you could get away with charging to 100% better, but it’s still a lithium ion battery at the end of the day and best practice would probably be to still charge to ~80% daily and then to 100% when you need it. That’s what I’ll be doing.
Do we know for certain that the Canadian version of the MYLR is using LFP batteries from Shanghai? Or is it still using NMC? Would make sense that it's NMC given that the car is telling me only to charge to 80%.

ordered on wednesday (dec 6) and took delivery yesterday (dec 9).
everything went smoothly except i financed 4 years but i never took home with me the paperwork for the loan lol.. might have to go back today to get it..
also the store I went to take delivery (richmond, BC) has 2 Superchargers on site to deliver cars with maximum SoC (80%).

Do we know for certain that the Canadian version of the MYLR is using LFP batteries from Shanghai? Or is it still using NMC? Would make sense that it's NMC given that the car is telling me only to charge to 80%.

My understanding is that if the car is made in China, then the Long Range will come with NMC (thus the 80% daily recommendation) and the RWD will come with LFP (charge to 100% at least once a week).

i got delivery of my Model Y long range with induction wheels yesterday at Oakville.
The car is amazing.
Does anyone have a list of accessories to buy from temu or amazon.
Thanks
Congratulations on your new Model Y! It's always thrilling to experience the wonders of a Tesla. As a fellow Model Y owner, I've curated a list of accessories that could enhance your driving and ownership experience:
  1. Model Y All Weather Floor Mats: A must to protect your interior from dirt, snow, and spills.
  2. Model Y Center Console Organizer: Keeps your essentials neatly arranged.
  3. Tesla USB Hub: For additional charging ports, because, let's face it, you can never have enough.
  4. Tesla Model Y Seat Covers: Preserve the pristine condition of your seats.
  5. Model Y Trunk Organizers: Optimize your cargo space and keep things tidy.
  6. Tesla Charging Adapters: Depending on your charging needs, having a variety can be handy.
  7. Tesla Screen Protector: Shield your touchscreen from scratches and fingerprints.
  8. Tesla Wheel Covers: Protect your wheels from curb rash while adding a stylish touch.
For a seamless shopping experience, I'd recommend checking out TESERY's Tesla Model Y accessories. They offer a variety of quality products designed specifically for Teslas.

Remember, these are suggestions based on personal preferences, and your ideal accessory list might vary. Enjoy your Tesla journey! 🚗⚡

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: richyrich