Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they end up updating the EDD or assigning a new VIN? Im in Toronto and the inventory listings are all from Fremont now. On the fence now as we wanted a Shanghai built RWD. Was hoping there would be one last shipment from Shanghai.
Ordered mine from inventory Nov 30 and received Shanghai VIN right away. Yes my EDD was initially Jan 5… in the app and updated two more times since.

Interestingly Tesla sales advisor called me last week telling me my Shanghai MYRL won’t be here until March and offering me a MYRL from Fremont if I wanted it sooner which would arrive in 4 - 6 weeks. And she said I would lose my 4K discount if I wanted one from Fremont so I politely declined

How do you figure out the listings are all from Freemont? They do not post VINs there.
It has the beginning of the VIN, ie in this case 7SAY vs. LRW for Shanghai.

7SAY224_947fdbb3cc810477e6626d5b3767b095?postal=M3H&range=200&coord=43.7489,-79.4422&region=ON&titleStatus=new&redirect=no#overview

You can also look at the HTML source, where they list the factory code. FactoryCode":"GF00" (Fremont).

Probably the best deal was back in Dec 2023 for a RWD Y from Shangi but for a verity of reasons I made an order Jan 5. I was told they could be shipped from China or Fremont. Then I discovered the 2024 STD had a reduced audio system, and eventually the inventory started to show Y LR with a discount of $2k. Given that Fremont provides HW4 and China HW3, the problems with LFP range in the cold for the SR, along with limitations of the Canadian 5K discount (the money stops when the limit is reached - not date driven) I decided to just proceed with an Y LR on Jan 19, so I changed my order. I pick it up on Jan 27. I think Tesla could be more transparent on the configuration of their products. The Freemont probably has 2170 batteries and is not “giga caste” which may or may not be for the better - I don’t have any way to determine that.

I ended up with MY LR, 82kwh battery which I believe is made from 2170 cells, full audio system and am fairly confident of the 5K Canadian Gov rebate. So at least it’s settled, now all I have to cope with is the quality of the Fremont build.

Reactions: DarrenHD
Probably the best deal was back in Dec 2023 for a RWD Y from Shangi but for a verity of reasons I made an order Jan 5. I was told they could be shipped from China or Fremont. Then I discovered the 2024 STD had a reduced audio system, and eventually the inventory started to show Y LR with a discount of $2k. Given that Fremont provides HW4 and China HW3, the problems with LFP range in the cold for the SR, along with limitations of the Canadian 5K discount (the money stops when the limit is reached - not date driven) I decided to just proceed with an Y LR on Jan 19, so I changed my order. I pick it up on Jan 27. I think Tesla could be more transparent on the configuration of their products. The Freemont probably has 2170 batteries and is not “giga caste” which may or may not be for the better - I don’t have any way to determine that.

I ended up with MY LR, 82kwh battery which I believe is made from 2170 cells, full audio system and am fairly confident of the 5K Canadian Gov rebate. So at least it’s settled, now all I have to cope with is the quality of the Fremont build.

Good choice. I have a Freemont built 2021 MY SR and I am pretty happy with it. Minimal squeaks and rattles, likely better than many. Had the oil pump fail at 45000kms but it was fixed under warranty and I've been trouble free since - now at 67000kms. My range estimate jumps around alot, but it currently sits at 3.77% degradation, so not bad. 378 km estimate vs 393 km new. I use TeslaFi to track all the stats. I normally keep the battery between 40-70%, but I have charged to 100% about 25 times and used SuperChargers about 20 times. The rest is L2 charging at home or work.

Good choice. I have a Freemont built 2021 MY SR and I am pretty happy with it. Minimal squeaks and rattles, likely better than many. Had the oil pump fail at 45000kms but it was fixed under warranty and I've been trouble free since - now at 67000kms. My range estimate jumps around alot, but it currently sits at 3.77% degradation, so not bad. 378 km estimate vs 393 km new. I use TeslaFi to track all the stats. I normally keep the battery between 40-70%, but I have charged to 100% about 25 times and used SuperChargers about 20 times. The rest is L2 charging at home or work.
I think you are wise to keep the 40-70 range, I was thinking something similar. What is your battery chemistry - NCA?

I received a scheduled pick up appointment, Jan 27 (yesterday) postponed to Monday as the car did not arrive, now postponed to wed Jan 31 2024. I won’t hold my breath. Bummer, besides looking forward to it I have a cheque sitting here and money is not free.