Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car & Driver: The Mach E is simply better than the Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point you’re just a troll… This post and your following one aren’t looking to create a civil discussion. You’re again just trying to stir up a response to then come in and pretending to add “useful insights” where you defend your car. It’s rinse and repeat for you x3 in this thread.

Half the nonsense you post is subjective, the other half of it is wrong.

Go enjoy your car and spend your time in better ways then trying to find validation while posting paid advertising and trolling a Tesla board.
Yup, that's how it works. He is paid by Ford, and the only questions remains - how much?

Yup. Also, it's a revolving door and everyone knows each other intimately.

Long term, many of these "journalists" would like a nice comfy position in Ford (and other OEMs) advertising and marketing divisions. Auto journalists need to "play nice" if they want one of those jobs. After a while they move to another OEM or back to being "journalists".

Ford advertising revenue to C&D: $lmega
Tesla advertising revenue to C&D: $0

Need i say more?

Yup, that's how it works. He is paid by Ford, and the only questions remains - how much?
Yeah something is up. He also keeps mentioning better looking... I mean I know looks are personal, but I can't get over how much the Mach-E looks like a Mazda CX-3. I used to date someone with a Mazda CX-5 back in 2017, and I still think the Mach-E looks like a slightly more aerodynamic version of that car without door handles.

Now, it looks like a spitting image of the CX-3. Not my cup of tea, but hey if thats your thing good for you.

I like how the article avoids a [used-to-be-] typical refrain of the Mach-E being much more reliable than Tesla. Instead, they mention briefly the build quality of Ford. I think it should be a law that would require every award, every review article, to have a full disclosure of direct and indirect contributions by and relationships with the companies mentioned in the article (basically, a COI statement). The reason for this is for consumers to be able to distinguish information from advertisement.

If you read the MachEForum lately, you may get a feel that it is a half-baked car with a massive amount of serious issues including safety issues. Ford enthusiasts on the MachEForum start to alert potential buyers to the problems and suggesting they avoid purchasing the Mach-E. Note, that is on the Mach-E Forum that basically weeds out anybody potentially critical of Ford.

I wish that people who publish C/D are held personally legally responsible for not telling the customers the truth about the problems of the Mach-E.
How exactly would C/D publisher be held “personally legally” responsible for an open piece ? What statute or legal theory would support that? I mean, I get it…you don’t like the glowing Mach E review. Doesn’t rise to the level of involving the courts. How about you simply don’t buy there magazine and/or get like minded people to boycott.

I don’t like how the national press dogs my Detroit Lions but I ain’t calling for them to be arrested.

Good grief people

How exactly would C/D publisher be held “personally legally” responsible for an open piece ? What statute or legal theory would support that? I mean, I get it…you don’t like the glowing Mach E review. Doesn’t rise to the level of involving the courts. How about you simply don’t buy there magazine and/or get like minded people to boycott.

I don’t like how the national press dogs my Detroit Lions but I ain’t calling for them to be arrested.

Good grief people
Misleading advertising/deceptive marketing.

Reactions: mark95476

Good grief people
I think these articles are being posted here to create discussion. Some posters, including @FordMME is using it as ammunition to say the MME is a better car, and I'd argue to troll the community here and basically ignoring any logical discussion posters here want to have about real car features that aren't based on personal opinions.

There is nothing wrong with Ford using it's ad spend to get SEO hits and boost sales through paid articles. But there is also nothing wrong with people calling it out.

Reactions: ForDesign
Holy crap, alexgr. Did you just crawl out from under a rock??? :eek:

"Misleading advertising/deceptive marketing" has been a staple of our free market capitalistic "free society" culture since...gee...let's see...the 17th century???

A few hours listening to Classic Radio on SiriusXM (channel 148) should provoke your wrath even more. The BS advertising of early radio is sometimes amusing, until you realize we're still surrounded by claims of miracle cures (Prevagen, anyone???), $40 "Arctic Air" A/C units that cool by saturating you and your surrounding area with humidity.

Last edited:
I think these articles are being posted here to create discussion. Some posters, including @FordMME is using it as ammunition to say the MME is a better car, and I'd argue to troll the community here and basically ignoring any logical discussion posters here want to have about real car features that aren't based on personal opinions.

There is nothing wrong with Ford using it's ad spend to get SEO hits and boost sales through paid articles. But there is also nothing wrong with people calling it out.
Again, I’m personally unbothered by anyone posting a media article to support a potential bias (not implying that you are)-but to your point this poster has ignored any discussion regarding two other publications different (they preferred the Y) conclusions to a comparison between the two. I’d have to agree with you based on my brief interactions.

In the interest of fairness, I want to challenge the theory that Ford is ‘paying’ media for positive reviews. In my experience, things don’t really aren’t so cut and dry.

All OEMs have advertising budgets. (Tesla included) Nissan would host huge events. Ford will spend on ads. (And lighting at auto shows-in stark contrast to Nissan who would literally light a million dollar concept with a 60w bulb) Mercedes would host lavish ride and drives in exotic locations. For print media, advertising is one of its most important revenue streams. So naturally things will be favorable towards brands that spend. Eddie got into it with my former colleague at a meeting while he was presenting an ad buy for Hurst publications. We felt that C/D was a bit….harsh towards our products. After going back and forth, he flat out told us that we needed to increase our ad buys. We weren’t told anything else beyond that, so it was inferred but not really directly mentioned.

Even though most people in the industry have issues with them, mostly anyone who works in product /marketing/communications will mention CR as the most unbiased media overall.

Having said that, Dodge just announced a muscle EV, and Jeep/Ram announced EVs as well. You would think this would make the front cover on C/D the website. Especially from the self proclaimed enthusiast choice of media. An EV muscle car? With an teaser image? It would seem as if that would be THE news to put as the opener to the website. But a CUV stays on the cover over that? This is getting more hilarious by the day IMO 😂.

Last edited:

"Misleading advertising/deceptive marketing" has been a staple of our free market capitalistic "free society" culture since...gee...let's see...the 17th century???

A few hours listening to Classic Radio on SiriusXM (channel 148) should provoke your wrath even more. The BS advertising of early radio is sometimes amusing, until you realize we're still surrounded by claims of miracle cures (Prevagen, anyone???), $40 "Arctic Air" A/C units that cool by saturating you and your surrounding area with humidity.
.... which doesn't make it right. 🤨

It’s kind of like those crappy chips a hoy chocolate chip cookies. They look like a chocolate chip cookie, and I guess maybe they are slightly cheaper, but they taste nothing like what it’s supposed to.

The issue with all of the alternatives is they do not offer the same experience: only a poor resemblance to what you really wish you had.

Yeah something is up. He also keeps mentioning better looking... I mean I know looks are personal, but I can't get over how much the Mach-E looks like a Mazda CX-3. I used to date someone with a Mazda CX-5 back in 2017, and I still think the Mach-E looks like a slightly more aerodynamic version of that car without door handles.

Now, it looks like a spitting image of the CX-3. Not my cup of tea, but hey if thats your thing good for you.
I thought I saw a Mach E today. Turns out it was a Kia Sorento. Break lights, profile and grill looks just like it. 🤮

Anyone seen what the referral program cost Tesla, both in loss of income and expenses? How many Roadsters are they giving away?
I know e.g. TeslaBjorn got both a X90 P and a P100 and have 2 Roadsters incoming, in addition to all the chargers, toy cars and free charging.

No one would have a problem if they were upfront and plainly said it was PAID advertising/marketing and not objective journalism.

Misleading advertising/deceptive marketing.

We refer to it mostly as FUD. Astroturfing also comes to mind, but it's used in a different context.

People are paid to sow FUD and large $$$ interests are invested in seeing Tesla fail. They've been at it for more than a decade and have failed miserably.

If you want the real, not so rosy picture of what the Mach E ramp has been like go over here:

If Tesla's had this many issues they'd literally be in the headlines every day for one faulty car instead of the 100's-1000's of Mach-E's. This is the proof that Ford's Ad Spend covers their ass frequently when they're struggling to ramp up production and consistently build the perfect cars they're apparently printing left and right. Ask yourself why none of the news is ever negative for Ford right now....

If you want the real, not so rosy picture of what the Mach E ramp has been like go over here:

If Tesla's had this many issues they'd literally be in the headlines every day for one faulty car instead of the 100's-1000's of Mach-E's. This is the proof that Ford's Ad Spend covers their ass frequently when they're struggling to ramp up production and consistently build the perfect cars they're apparently printing left and right. Ask yourself why none of the news is ever negative for Ford right now....
What’s Doc Brown’s handle on the forum? 🥰