Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 X 350kW by the looks of it. No 50kW unlike most of their sites.
Yes but NRMA have 2x 50 kW chargers less than 1km away at the IGA. Then Cassegrain supercharger as well.
Fast food and 24 hour amenities at the service station. Cafe, super market and trendy burgers at NRMA, restaurant and cellar at Cassegrain.

Spoiled for choice really

Reactions: cafz and moa999
NRMA members now get 20% off at Chargefox's Ultra-rapid stes (but not the other sites in the Chargefox app, where the sites are owned by third parties and Chargefox does the billing)

Chargefox ultra-rapid chargers | Member benefits | The NRMA

With the non-road-service membership $5/month, that means at 62.5 kWh/month you'd break even on the discount.

Awesome - I won't even come close to breaking even but I'm going to sign up to support two companies paving the way. I assume that the NRMA free period will end soon too, with the $5 a month also giving access to that network.

Yes, I assume this means that Chargefox will be responsible for billing on the NRMA chargers - and this discount will mean that a lot of NRMA members will already have their membership linked to their Chargefox account, enabling the free access.

Email has some additional info in the quote from the CEO.

"We’ll be opening a further four charging stations this summer"

That is presumably Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Cooma and West Perth
(Being the only 4 remaining planned locations on the Chargefox map)

Email has some additional info in the quote from the CEO.

"We’ll be opening a further four charging stations this summer"

That is presumably Coffs Harbour, Port Macquarie, Cooma and West Perth
(Being the only 4 remaining planned locations on the Chargefox map)

The "Coffs Harbour" location is actually just north of Coffs, at Moonee Marketplace (which is better - just adjacent to the highway, and won't be bypassed by the Coffs Harbour bypass that is in planning). I haven't been able to find any DAs for the charger installation, though.

Port and Cooma both look ready to go, though. Cooma may soft-launch with only one charger active.

Reactions: moa999
I see Chargefox has sent customers an update email -

That’s great, but some Chargefox stations have been offline for a while. What’s going on?

Sites and challenges

Torquay, Euroa & Barnawartha
The ultra-rapid chargers had to be temporarily turned off due to a critical issue that affected Tesla Model X drivers. That issue has now been fixed after working closely with the manufacturer and all three of these sites are fully functioning again

Goulburn, Kings Meadows, Keith & Murray Bridge
Some of the chargers on these sites had communication issues due to a particular combination of modem and setup we use. That caused them to disconnect and become unavailable when connectivity dropped out. We’ve changed to a different setup during the holiday season that we know is more stable, but we’ll continue to monitor the situation.

Toombul, Ballarat, Ballina & Shell Cove
These ultra-rapid sites are technically very complex installations that need to be finely tuned. Some chargers can be sensitive to power setups and may occasionally fault with internal errors. Whilst sites can be powered up again, we’ve been replacing parts such as breakers and internal power supplies for more stable operation.

Sorry Tesla, but I now officially love Chargefox Karuah. I doubt I’ll ever use the Heatherbrae supercharger again. The Karuah site is much better located, toilets at the servo, simple snacks there or cafes and bakeries across the road if you want something more substantial. A very minor and pleasant detour off the motorway.

Charged at 138 kW yesterday. And 20% discount for NRMA members.

What’s not to like?