Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt - 200 mile range for $30k base price (after incentive)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I'll bite. Maybe 100,000 M3 will get full rebate, another 100,000 partial, so you figure Chevy will sell only 10k to 20k Bolts?

You seem to be forgetting or ignoring the one to two quarters of unlimited numbers after the 200k car at full rebate. If Tesla manages a fast ramp to production and games the timing on the 200k car, they could ram a lot of cars through those six months...

Having said that, the only reason ago few Bolt owners may get a rebate is because so many Volt owners are, so I'm not sure the 10:1 logic is relevant or useful.

i3 with "range extender" is a plug-in hybrid, not a BEV.

The i3 can be had without the range extender too. It is a superior vehicle to the Leaf with or without the REx.

If you want to call a car with a 25kW motorcycle engine generator 'gasoline-powered' be my guest. My 240lb dirtbike has a bigger engine than the i3 REx option. It's pathetic. But it sure as heck beats most EV emergency backup systems, which is a tow truck.

The Leaf has a Range Inhibitor option instead. It comes standard in warm climates.

• Disagree
Reactions: Topher
You seem to be forgetting or ignoring the one to two quarters of unlimited numbers after the 200k car at full rebate. If Tesla manages a fast ramp to production and games the timing on the 200k car, they could ram a lot of cars through those six months...

Having said that, the only reason ago few Bolt owners may get a rebate is because so many Volt owners are, so I'm not sure the 10:1 logic is relevant or useful.
Two quarters of unlimited? OK, then add another 100,000 full and 100.000 partial.
Did Volt actually count against the numbers? It's just a PHEV.

IIRC it is based on battery size right?

Dollar value is based on battery size, but manufacturers aren't given a total number of dollars or kWh of rebate, just a number of eligible cars - any car with at least 2.5 kWh (or something close to that?) of plug in battery capacity counts as one of the 200k.

As it happens, GM may have worked with Congress to get the maximum rebate value set at 16 kWh, which the Volt just happened to have in the first generation, but that's not directly relevant to this discussion...

• Helpful
Reactions: diamond.g
Dollar value is based on battery size, but manufacturers aren't given a total number of dollars or kWh of rebate, just a number of eligible cars - any car with at least 2.5 kWh (or something close to that?) of plug in battery capacity counts as one of the 200k.

As it happens, GM may have worked with Congress to get the maximum rebate value set at 16 kWh, which the Volt just happened to have in the first generation, but that's not directly relevant to this discussion...
Thanks!

If you mean that some sort of normalization calculation is performed, then no.
Ah, no I was mistakenly conflating the amount of the rebate based on battery size with the getting of the rebate at all.

That's why the Mirai gets $8000 Fed and $5000 California. Because GM lobbied for it. I often wondered.

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff N
o.jpg

$5,000 "Market Adjustment" Added To Chevrolet Bolt At California Dealership

Hey, this Bolt is closer to a Tesla than any other Bolt...because its price is the closest to a Tesla. LOL
It's really shocking dealers still try to pull this kind of BS in this day and age.

Meanwhile, several large CA dealers are selling Bolts for up to $1,500 off MSRP. This Bolt is gonna get lonely sitting on the lot day after day.
This dealer already taking a pounding on social media and Yelp!

• Informative
Reactions: RacerX and mmd
Ah and the lovely paint and interior "protection" package which is another way to gouge the buyer. And what the *&$% is "phantom footprints"?

edit: guess "phantom footprints" is some kind of anti-theft device where tamper-resistant labels are put on the car.

o.jpg

$5,000 "Market Adjustment" Added To Chevrolet Bolt At California Dealership

Hey, this Bolt is closer to a Tesla than any other Bolt...because its price is the closest to a Tesla. LOL
It's really shocking dealers still try to pull this kind of BS in this day and age.

Meanwhile, several large CA dealers are selling Bolts for up to $1,500 off MSRP. This Bolt is gonna get lonely sitting on the lot day after day.
This dealer already taking a pounding on social media and Yelp!

Thanks for this. I now know which dealership to avoid!

Note: This is still consistent with my stance of boycotting GM, because dealerships in my area actually carry multiple brands.